WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: What a beautiful photo! The waterfall is nice, too. It makes an interesting background for the beautiful woman—you. :wink: :bigsmile:

Rori: Thanks for the confidence in my RV driving ability. I suspect I'll do just fine when it is my turn. Good luck with your photos. :star: My husband wanted me so say "Hi" for him. :heart:

Rebecca: Your dad wrote you such a lovely letter. You are fortunate to have it to help you remember him. :flowerforyou:

Wendy: Congratulations on your retirement! I am confident that you will enjoy your life and fill it with good times. :star:

Vicki: Thanks for your good thoughts & prayers. :heart: I feel confident that I can drive the RV as well as most people out on the roadways, and better than some. I know that DH will pitch in and do his share, and we both have enough sense to stop if we're tired.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    t6vghioaofjf.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.22min, 130mhr, 12.9amph. 1.5mi= 73c
    Floor exercise- 44.05min, 4sts of 10ea, 22 diff exercise, 7sts of 10 of sit-ups, 95ahr, 129mhr= 207c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.15min, 125mhr, 16.9amph= 50c
    Ride puy 2 sumn sta- 13.50min, 148mhr, 126ahr, 13.1amph, 3mi= 146c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.26min, 144ahr, 156mhr, .5mi= 60c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- WINDY!!!!!! 4.14min, 147mhr, 9.14min mi, .4mi= 47c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- WINDY!!!! 18.50min, 8.3amph, 149mhr, 2.5mi= 180c

total cal 703
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Did Gay Gasper’s Urban Rebounding DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Paul Katemi’s 4 x 4 DVD. That’s a new one for me, so we shall see how it goes.

Katla – CDL – commercial driver’s license. The kind of license that a truck driver needs

Sam – just jump right in and make yourself at home. Before long, you’ll feel lost if you miss even one day (I know I do). Meno is the pits

Had the Newcomer general meeting. Actually, we just had the speaker Randall Jones. He’s a very dynamic speaker. There must have been a little less than 100 people in attendance.

Karen in VA – yup, that we me who worked on those weeds. I just wanted them gotten rid of! I was out there for about 2 hours every day (as long as it wasn’t raining), regardless of the temp, and sometimes it got REALLY hot. But my reward was being able to go in the pool, so it was worth it.

M – how wonderful of your parents!

Supposed to volunteer at the Green Room tomorrow. I was told that all the tickets for every show have been sold out, so I suspect that I won’t be very busy. I was told to be sure to bring something to do. I usually do, anyway. I have my “Green Room project” bag. Right now I’m making a scarf. Next week I’m supposed to volunteer on Thurs and Fri. Wonder if they’ll want me to come?

Snowflake – I showed Vince the pic of the turtle hoping that maybe he’d make one for me! You know, maybe I’d make one myself. THAT would be interesting. Only problem is…it might not come out looking like a turtle….lol I’m not crazy at all about store-bought items. Like I’ve said…now Denise! If it isn’t store bought, she doesn’t seem to care about it.

Heather – what a lovely note from your father!

Wendy – how many minutes until you retire?

In a way I wish I had a best friend, but then there’s a part of me that doesn’t want to be tied to just one person.

Vince went to the MD about his back who, as I expected, prescribed a muscle relaxant. Went to ceramics tonight, my snail is ready to be fired and I started on the firefly that I broke. Went to Publix and Lowe’s Foods, then home.

Supposed to volunteer at the Green Room tomorrow and then I want to go to the farmer’s market. The lady who usually watches the cats when we go away is not going to be here this weekend but the lady who took care of our cats when we were living in the apt when we first moved to NC is going to be taking care of them. She’ll come here tomorrow afternoon just to meet the cats, find out what needs to be done, and all that.

Michele in NC
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    haha Michele! Could you tell I've been counting down? 1440 minutes left. <3 Wendy
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    So, I don’t have much time to write here now that I’m full time, but reading all with interest.

A couple things:

Wendy! Congratulations! It sounds like a wonderful new beginning. And it is so odd to hear about mid winter chill when my temp Here is 90+ (Fahrenheit) at 9:30 pm. I am starting to be tempted into trying to grow my own herbs, but am always put off because I can’t stand dirt or soil on my hands.

Michelle I often wonder but forget to ask, what is the Newcomers? I hope Vince feels better soon and doesn’t overdo when you help with the moving.

Gifts for the nieces/nephew. I made a rule when I became an aunt. Each child would receive a book and another gift for Christmas. Where possible the second gift would be musical, crafty or active/sporty. I have had such a good time getting just the right children’s book for each over the years. And the other items have been so much fun to find. I never expected more than the generic ‘thanks’ and the several times the niece has gone out of their way to tell me later how much they enjoyed something has been a special gift back to me when it happened. I enjoyed everything about picking out these gifts for the next generation and honestly can say I’m glad John could not be bothered.

Busy busy. But I work Saturday so I may have quiet time at work to reply a bit more here.

Take care of you f yourselves!

Rye
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Oh, this got more complicated than the last time I was here :)

Not sure what everyone is sharing today/this week. I've had a good start to the month and am down a couple of lbs. My workout proved very difficult today, but I finished it, and am trying to decide right now if I want to go to bed before eating back a couple hundred calories more from that difficult workout. I'm realizing I'm not eating enough protein and need to figure that out and do better. I don't want to be losing muscle! (Hm, maybe that's a reason I should eat a bit more--not sure I have a lot of protein sources in the house, though!)
  • exermom
    Options
    Rye - Newcomers is basically a social group, although we do charitable work too. Some Newcomer clubs limit how long you can be in them. We don't. We've been members since we moved to NC 10 years ago. We have one member who remembers when a trip from Hickory to Newton was an all day affair. Now by car it's about 20 minutes. So the name Newcomers really isn't what we're about. Vince is the treasurer, I do hospitality and Rummikub. Believe me, I hope that Vince doesn't overdo it, either. I'm glad that I talked him into leaving there Sunday. I just know him and he'd stay and help Denise patch holes, paint, etc. etc. He doesn't need to be sanding, etc. Right now he's in bed because he took a muscle relaxant and it made him drowsy.

mkculs - welcome back. For protein, tuna, eggs, just for starters.

Michele in NC

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele: We only need our valid driver's licenses to drive this RV. It is not in the same league as a commercial vehicle. It seems big to me, but it isn't THAT big, and nowhere near that heavy. :noway: It sounds like you did a great job keeping Vince from overdoing things while helping Denise patch holes. Good for you! :bigsmile:

I'm currently rewashing a load of towels that didn't get as clean as they should, but I suspect I'll head up to bed before they're ready for the dryer. I can dry them tomorrow.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • exermom
    Options
    katla - i didn't help Denise patch holes or anything. She wants to clean the apartment and I think she'd like us to help. To me, we're helping move. If we were to also help clean, I'm just afraid Vince would overdo it wanting to patch, paint, etc. To me, they can and should do that. Besides, I'd rather go to the ceramics place anyway and spend the night with my cousin's husband. Jess wants us to check on Colby and, of course, her cat. Unless Colby plans to stay in that apartment for the full 2 years Jess is in college and then probably the year while she's doing her residency, I wish she'd have given Shadow to us. But that's not for me to say. She was probably thinking that the cat would help make the transition that she's not there easier for Colby. But if he moves, the cat is going to have another change. Well.... On another topic, is it possible you added too much laundry detergent to the towels? I've heard that if you add to much detergent/rinse agent, that could make the clothes/towels dingy.

Heather - your breakfast sounds lovely.

Michele in NC
    who took a decongestant and now can't sleep
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Michele and I are awake. Ugh.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Managed an extra 1 mile walk around the deck with DH. He makes me go faster!! :D
    The Norse mythology lecture was excellent. :)

After lunch we are learning the Foxtrot. :o Never danced it before.

Then it's another talk by the excellent BBC producer who produced a national favourite children's programme, Blue Peter, for nearly 30 years.

Then it's aerobics and tea.

After dinner tonight we hope to put the foxtrot into action and then we have a tenor soloist serenading us.

Somewhere in there I hope to find the time to redo my nails. Currently they are gold. One problem is that DH can't abide the smell of the varnish, so he has to be absent or I have to sit outside.

As we are nearing Finland we are now 2 hours ahead of British Summer Time.

Machka - That jewellery was such a thoughtful gesture. <3

Meg - I am feeling for you. <3

Katla - I hate driving, other than very local, and I am not that keen on being driven either. But if that doesn't bother you it is an excellent way of seeing the country while taking all your creature comforts with you. Bit like cruising really. :laugh: I would definitely want to take bikes or a small car with me. Are you taking a mobility device for your DH?

Love you all, Heather xxxxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I am soaking in the wonderfulness of your lives. Yesterday was another great day with the daycare kids; but DH and DYS were at eachother's throats due to DYS's car troubles and the place that is working on it. Both DH and DYS use me as a sounding board and I am getting an earful of negativity from both of them. Needless to say, I hid with a book last night until bedtime and just went to bed early.
    Well, since I started weighing every day, my weight went down four pounds the first week, then back up three pounds the second week, and this week I am back down to where I left off at 228. I still have a four days in this week, so I am hoping this will continue downward. The extra outdoor time and science activities with the kids has me moving a bit more; so I think that is helping. Since my new guy is settling in quite nicely, I think we will begin our weekly trip to the beach next week. It is just across the street from me, so it is an easy, relaxing wonderful way to let them just swim and dig in the sand for a couple of hours. Yesterday, I put sunscreen on all of them and forgot to put it on me before we went out. I did get a little pink, but I had to laugh because I had little handprints all over my arms and legs where their sunscreened hands were on me! My one shoulder is completely pale from the baby laying his head there for a while. lol
    I have another interview tonight with a woman looking for care for her seven year old son, every other weekend. Hope it works out. It would be a nice way to ease into the weekend work and would bring in an extra $200 or so per month. (That would pay for DH's meds each month)
    I wrote a post a couple of nights ago, using my phone and I don't see it; so I am guessing it floated away, and I can't remember who I responded to.
    Lisa- Congrats on your house!
    Wendy- happy retirement day! Really doing the happy dance for you! I have at least ten years ahead of me.
    Allie- Sorry about the HD guys not showing up! Is your microwave an above the stove one? I wonder if your neighbors have a strong and smart son/grandson who could give you a hand and install it? Unless the price included installation?! If that's the case, go get 'em!
    Barbie- So glad to hear that you enjoyed Ocean's 8! That is on my "need to see" movie list! I love Sandra Bullock.
    Heather- I am so glad your DH seems to have gotten over the bout of sea sickness! You need him to walk with and give you that "push" to go faster! ;) Not really. You are like the energizer bunny; you keep going, and going, and going...

Well, while writing this post I finished up a load of laundry (folded and put away), made my second cup of coffee, ran downstairs to weigh in (down about four ounces), made my smoothie and now need to say good bye to get ready for the kiddos! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)