If money was no object

Options

Replies

• FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I would get so much fruit!!! The fruit I like is really expensive here... blackberries, peaches, apricots!!! I can't remember the last time I had an apricot or a plum...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    More meat.
    Seasonings and ingredients I can't find locally. I like cooking and it would be fun to try some new things.

If money was no object I'd also have a kitchen renovation with all kinds of gadgets and equipment.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Grapes and scallops
  • enickma1221
    enickma1221 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    30 year scotch
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ferrari[ Aston Martin
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Scallops
    Mussels
    Calves' liver
    Fresh berries year-round (I assume the money will extend to whatever measures are needed to alleviate our enlarged carbon footprints?)
    Avocados even when they aren't on sale
    Ducks' eggs
    Milk and other dairy from local pastured cows

ETA: Since other people are hiring cooks or buying land and hiring farm workers, I would use this unlimited money to quit my job so I would always have enough time to cook what I wanted. :smile:
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    grass fed meat, all organic foods. and a yard big enough to grow more veg and fruits.
    and more trips to Italy and Mexico so i could have great seafood there more often
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Whole wild caught Alaskan salmon flown in fresh daily.

And maybe some potatoes.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    etainwow wrote: »
    Does having a home chef count? Because if money were no object I'd probably get one of those...

@etainwow Oh yes!!!! Preferably one that also does the clean up as well.

I second the professional chef idea.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm strange, I'm perfectly happy with what I can afford :D When treats are rare, they are more delicious.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Berries. When 100 grams of berries can cost as much as 5 dollars, I can't always justify buying them. I would also have tofu more often. I really like it and I could use the protein, but it's hard to find and very expensive here (about 7 dollars for a 75 gram block).
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Any food that has to be shipped onto this gods-forsaken rock.

I will trade fresh lobster for fresh fruit.
  • genghis54
    genghis54 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A PERSONAL CHEF
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    A lot of people went with personal chef! I actually enjoy cooking it is the clean up I hate...

I am adding Hula Daddy Kona Coffee to my list. I got it as a Christmas gift one year. Amazing coffee but expensive! The cheapest one is $30 for a half pound.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Most of the stuff I don't buy due to expense are things I wouldn't be eating any more anyway. And the personal chef would be a mistake for me unless I hired a spa chef. I guess I would go with the fruits that I love but only buy on sale: peaches, plums, cherries. I'd buy a lot more pecans for my oatmeal instead of walnuts or almonds. And I'd buy my pineapple already cut up because it's such a messy job. Finally, I'd buy a soda stream so I could stop feeling guilty about all the sparkling water I drink and the plastic bottles I go through.

I guess I'm just mostly pretty satisfied with how I eat now! But if I could hire someone to clean up , yes, that would be inspiring!

ETA: and I'd eat a lot more Dave's Killer Bread. I love it, but it's almost 7 dollars a loaf and I just can't do it on a regular basis.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yes to customized kitchen renovation/properly organized pantry/full stock of small quantities of fresh organic spices & lots of professional quality tools/pots/pans, etc. And cooking lessons!! I’d just hire someone to clean up, lol! (I can cook but love learning.)

If it had to be food: wild caught seafood, organic berries (fresh) year-round from my new organic greenhouse (would also hire someone to manage that bc I have a black thumb!), and great dry aged steaks from Texas!