Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Is verbal harassment common at the gym? And do women or men catch more of it?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    PWRLFTR1 wrote: »
    Or maybe you should learn self defense and knock these guys on their *kitten*. Especially anyone who touches you without your consent.

Or maybe men could just leave us alone? Just a suggestion.

Agreed but apparently that's not happening. And it really didn't sit well that the poster has come to expect the unprovoked touching. Words are words but unwanted touching is a little bit more serious in my book.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Does watching a spotter say "come on, one more, I know you can do it" when the guy's face is red count? I laughed my *kitten* off.

Otherwise, no.
  • Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 163 Member
    I've fortunately never witnessed it myself but have heard a lot of horror stories. Mostly what I hear is men bullying women out of the free weights area, or assuming she's not strong enough to do something (and mostly what I also hear is those dudes getting put in their place.)

If I ever witnessed it either direction, i'd sure as $h!t jump up on that. No negativity zone!
This discussion has been closed.