men in yoga class....

harvo
harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
I want your thoughts on this topic please......

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Tier3-Diet-YummyManDoingYoga.jpg

I'll take 2.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Depends on if they are taking it seriously or not. I took a friend one time and he just giggled, fell over because he wasn't trying, and let out a huge fart in the middle of class. I do not approve of that (and I mean that in regards to women too, that's why I can't go with my best friend. She makes me giggle and I feel like I'm being rude). But If they are trying their best and respect the teacher I think it's great! Men should be able to do yoga just like women should be able to lift. And I feel a lot of respect towards anyone who is broadening his workouts. Come on in!
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    i think it's great to have men in yoga classes. this has been my new thing lately, and i love it. it focuses on breathing, is non impact, increases strength and flexibility. not to mention you get to clear your mind and just focus on breathing and the movement. it is refreshing and i always leave feeling at peace.

try it!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Room full of hot young hippies trying to discover themselves and find "that something that's missing from inside them"...

If anything I'm surprised how few men go to yoga classes.
  • harvo
    Tier3-Diet-YummyManDoingYoga.jpg

I'll take 2.

Ummm, then you would take me as i am almost 2 of him...
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    .....Are there for the amazing stretching only no other reason.....no no I'm sure cuz I read it on the internet so it’s true.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Have done yoga before , got a few odds stares at first but was fine after a bit.
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Have done yoga before , got a few odds stares at first but was fine after a bit.
    Is that what you were wearing? cuz that explains the stares

ETA I would stare!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Perfectly normal to me! Plenty of guys do yoga, its just another way to exercise :)
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    I have practiced yoga for a few years. It does wonders for your flexibility, range of motion and helps soothe your mind.
  • jeets888
    jeets888 Posts: 2,237 Member
    Yoga actually great for running as well or any other cardio sport - it compliments it.

I actually need to start it but yeah, will feel like a fish out of water initially so thats my stumbling block
  • harvo
    Room full of hot young hippies trying to discover themselves and find "that something that's missing from inside them"...

If anything I'm surprised how few men go to yoga classes.

Dude, I was gonna say hey and tell you how good it was to see you again....but since that is not a drum stick in your hand I am just gonna walk on!
  • oboeing
    i'm pretty sure girls feel just as awkward the first couple times when they fall over as the guys do....
  • harvo
    Fall over?
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    my class is taught by a long distance runner and is filled with his long distance running friends. Its usually half men in the class. If anything they take it more serious than some of the women. And most of them are better at it than me :P
  • medavidcook
    medavidcook Posts: 129 Member
    I love yoga and try to go to classes twice maybe 3 times a week. I have taken over guys who have just messed round, but i try to go on my own.

If the men in class are focusing on whats they need to do have no problem but if they mess round can jump out of the window.

my opinion
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    A lot of the more challenging classes that I go to are at least 1/3 men. It's not unusual at all.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    a man that is serious about yoga class and tries hard is A-ok in my book :)
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Topic: Women in the weights area, lifting heavy...

Discuss whether they should be there...

Yes, I am being very, very, very sarcastic, but hopefully using a sledgehammer will have made the point...
  • oboeing
    yeah, i'm not the only one who loses my balance in yoga.... right?