men in yoga class....

Options

Replies

• SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I took yoga for awhile. I wasn't the only guy in the room it was a good mix. Everyone needs a good stretch. I am not the most flexible person. My balance is decent just not very flexible.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    mY3XU1W.jpg
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I thought this would be full of pics of men in yoga pants. I am disappoint.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Just got a report..a friend went to class yesterday...1 teen, 1 grandma and 3 thirty-forty somethings,,all ladies...
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    My yoga instructor is male as is about a third of the class. Is this not normal?? They all take the class seriously as far as I can tell.
  • VeganCoco13
    Options
    I find men that practice yoga SUPER HOT.

I think it's 100% fine for them to be there if they take part seriously.

I feel that anyone that thinks men in yoga classes are just there to stare at their *kitten* and look at women should 1) get over themselves and 2) stand at the back!

Seriously I'm probably as much of a perve of men in yoga classes because it just makes them so damn attractive!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    mY3XU1W.jpg

Why does the lady in front have a foot on her back?
  • yoyofighter
    yoyofighter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    mY3XU1W.jpg

Perfect! :laugh:
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It's gay.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    mY3XU1W.jpg
    I've seen this picture so many times and I just now realized the foot on the back, far right.

I've done yoga with men in the class. I dated a guy who did yoga. He played sports and did it to help stay limber and get a good stretch in. He was mighty flexible.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    But if men are doing yoga, who's going to grunt in the free weight section?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    What do you mean? Like, should there be men in yoga class? Do I think they're straight or gay? What thoughts do you want?

There have been men in every yoga class I've ever taken and I never thought anything about it.

Pshhh, i get asked if i am gay all the time because i wear French cuff shirts that are pink or purple with jerry Garcia ties but truth is i am and can be perverted and i love beautiful women. So i was curious if a woman saw a man in class and assumed 'another one here for the view'. As stated by others, including myvfriends, where else can you find women in tight pants with their *kitten* in the air. I don't want to be "that guy"

Dude. I would be very gay If French cuff shirts, custom suits, pink and purple ties and shirts, and generally giving a **** about how I look made me gay. I'm pretty sure that there's a bit more to it than that . . . but let me go ask a friend
  • vick441
    vick441 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am, this is my cardio exercises :)
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    But if men are doing yoga, who's going to grunt in the free weight section?

I'll be happy to help out with the grunting. But only if the few remaining men in the free weight section start wearing those transparent Lululemon pants. I need me something to ogle.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    mY3XU1W.jpg
    Where the heck is that foot coming from on that girl's back on the right????
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Oh i hope there are men in my yoga class that starts end of this month. I have to take a PE for my degree and its my last semester. Thought I would end my schooling with a good class with some eye candy lol Hey I may be married but I'm not dead! :wink:
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I am, this is my cardio exercises :)

Not to derail this wonderful thread in the direction of actual science, but I want to point out that cardio is not a serious benefit that yoga confers. There is exactly one study that claims yoga increases your VO2Max; this study is read and touted in the yoga community as definitive proof. Since then, however, plenty of subsequent work failed to find any serious cardio benefits from yoga. William Broad's Science of Yoga book is overall pretty bad, but that's one point on which it is spot on.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Oh i hope there are men in my yoga class that starts end of this month. I have to take a PE for my degree and its my last semester. Thought I would end my schooling with a good class with some eye candy lol Hey I may be married but I'm not dead! :wink:
    I had to have half a PE credit for my AA degree. Everything filled up really quickly and I ended up in Jazzercize. It actually ended up being really fun and a pretty good workout.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't get yoga anyway, whether it is men or women. If you enjoy it, then that's cool, but I always picture the Indian guru in the white robe. That doesn't do it for me. I'll take a ball player over a yoga master any day, :laugh:
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    there are always men in the yak n yoga class I do once a month. It's an hour of yoga outside on a hilltop overlooking the Mississippi followed by an hour of kayaking the Mississippi backwaters.