July 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Can we do a Where in the World are you? I keep seeing others posting about it being winter and I wanna know my fellow winter runners are! I assume this gets done every month or so, but I'm new so please!

I'm in the Far North of New Zealand - ...

I'm in Oklahoma USA. I'm sure @Orphia is in Australia.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Can we do a Where in the World are you? I keep seeing others posting about it being winter and I wanna know my fellow winter runners are! I assume this gets done every month or so, but I'm new so please!

I'm in Auckland (New Zealand). @avidkeo I was up in the winterless north last weekend and can confirm that it does get winter - ok, a stunningly sunny and beautiful winter, but it was rather nippy in the morning. That being said, it was a balmy 20 degrees by midday so you really have no excuses at all!!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I’m in the Kansas City, MO area where it’s hovering around 100F. It did drop down to like 86 yesterday though :) perfect for a run
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I’m in the middle of Georgia, the home of heat and humidity!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options

July Goals: 200 running miles.

July Running:
    07.02.18 - 07.08.18: Running Miles / Weekly TSS / Fitness: CTL
    07.09.18 - 07.15.19: Running Miles / Weekly TSS / Fitness: CTL
    07.16.18 - 07.22.18: Running Miles / Weekly TSS / Fitness: CTL
    07.23.18 - 07.29.18: Running Miles / Weekly TSS / Fitness: CTL

Goals 07.02.18 - 07.08.18:
    Run: 6 Days, plus a LR of 15 on Wknd.

Base 1 : Week 1 of 4
    07.02.18 - 9.3 m.

Upcoming Events:
    08.25.18 - Tour de Donut Bike Ride

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Sadly been there done that... not fun, but at least it passes quickly...

Oh... yeah it does.... real quickly

Gald someone got that really horrible pun.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Can we do a Where in the World are you?

Currently dodging lighting bolts near Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    07/01/18 :::: 3.1 :::: 3.1
    07/02/18 :::: 5.5 :::: 8.6/130 miles goal

Super hot day and I was dreading run group tonight, but then we had some thunderstorms roll through. The timing worked out almost perfectly. Got into the gym, started to pour, circuit training done, rain had stopped. Change and eat at home, started to pour, stopped before I headed out to the track and had cooled down quite a bit. Workout was a 30-minute tempo, and although it felt cooler I soon learned the humidity was still there in force. Toward the end there a was a bit of rain and at least a decent breeze, but we made it through without another soaking.

Wasn't my best tempo run due to legs being tired but I'll take it.

I'm in Syracuse NY.

• bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Where are you from?

South Louisiana- hot humid summer and if you don’t like the weather stick around 5 minutes, it might change.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Where am I from? Edmonton, Alberta, Canada...
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Question for those who run ultras... I have a Camelbak Rogue that is about six years old. It's still working great, but I am becoming increasingly unhappy with the way it has been riding up on me when it's full and the way it has been flopping as it gets near empty. It didn't use to do that and I can't tighten it any more than it already is. I think I am ready for an upgrade. Any suggestions on good hydration systems? I don't like bottle vests or carriers...looking for something with at least a 70 oz bladder.... I have been killing time looking on line and now I am bleary with reading about too many features.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Minneapolis, Minnesota here, where we get all the weather - the coldest day of 2018 so far was around 0F and the hottest around 100F. Today was one of the dozen or so beautiful days we get scattered through the year, but I was sore after my long run yesterday and didn't want to push it with the race on Wednesday. Alas.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options

I'm in Auckland (New Zealand). @avidkeo I was up in the winterless north last weekend and can confirm that it does get winter - ok, a stunningly sunny and beautiful winter, but it was rather nippy in the morning. That being said, it was a balmy 20 degrees by midday so you really have no excuses at all!!

Lol @ContraryMaryMary yeah it gets amazing on sunny days. Where did you visit? I live in Hokianga
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I am from central Illinois.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    July....she will fly (at least her feet will)

7/1 3.92
    7/2 3.07

total 6.99

From Hawaii ( @sarahthes The snowbirds who stay in our guest house all winter are from Stettler....)

Ticker is my goal for 2018 and progress to date:

exercise.png

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Lol @ContraryMaryMary yeah it gets amazing on sunny days. Where did you visit? I live in Hokianga

We based ourselves in Mangonui, drove to Cape Reinga and down 90 mile beach on Saturday. Hubby had fun drifting and doing donuts (once he worked out how to turn all the protective anti-skid features off). I took my running shoes up north but not in the car for our day trip so missed the opportunity to do “90 miles” (or realistically 10k) in a dead straight line down a beach. Would be a perfect location for the world’s most mind bending ultra race!!

Loved it so much we wasted a few hours on Sunday looking at baches and beachfront sections for sale (although, realistically, it’s a bit too far away).