July 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• missevil
    missevil Posts: 113 Member
    @Scott6255 No, they weren't properly fitted, but we talked about it. I thought they were extra but just googled the model and they are neutral. (Asics Pulse 9) So I think it's really more about breaking them in. Today, I went back to my old shoes, which were an "oh look, they have pink accents and are on sale" buy. But I used them for a few years now in the gym or sports at home, so they are nicely broken in and they are neutral as well. They sit more loosely in general but there was no pain today. I'm going to wear the new ones now a few days for leisure walks to figure out whether or not we can be friends.

July 2018
    Guestimated goal: 50Km / 30mi
    Achieved so far: 26,14Km

2. 3,95 Km
    4. 2,82 Km
    5. 2,83 Km
    6. 3,79 Km
    9. 3,61 Km
    11. 4,69 Km
    13. 4,45 Km
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Well... it's now too late for a cool morning run, and supposed to be 104 by the time I can get out there. Had to stay up late last night to finish a project for work. I'm thinking NO on the run in 104 heat, trying to talk myself into the treadmill but 5 miles on the treadmill sounds horrifying. The problem is tomorrow is supposed to be no cooler, and the next week is thunderstorms. Somebody give me a push!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Well... it's now too late for a cool morning run, and supposed to be 104 by the time I can get out there. Had to stay up late last night to finish a project for work. I'm thinking NO on the run in 104 heat, trying to talk myself into the treadmill but 5 miles on the treadmill sounds horrifying. The problem is tomorrow is supposed to be no cooler, and the next week is thunderstorms. Somebody give me a push!

wait until 8pm or so when the sun starts to go down, it's not so bad then. At least the sun isn't beating down on you.
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »

wait until 8pm or so when the sun starts to go down, it's not so bad then. At least the sun isn't beating down on you.

That was a gentle suggestion. She asked for a push.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i mostly don't run till 9pm @hesn92 @rheddmobile because i am not a morning person right now. part of me misses running in the morning but physically unable so here i am being a late night runner
  • LaDispute57
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i mostly don't run till 9pm @hesn92 @rheddmobile because i am not a morning person right now. part of me misses running in the morning but physically unable so here i am being a late night runner

I can't imagine going for a 10 mile run starting at 9 at night...
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited July 2018
    7/1-1.01mi
    7/2-1.04mi
    7/3-1.04mi
    7/4-2.02mi
    7/5-3.12mi
    7/6-1.01mi(2 hours of aerial hammock and hoop)
    7/7-1.01mi(2 hours of aerial yoga)
    7/8-1.01mi(walked 5 miles at the renaissance faire)
    7/9-1.01mi
    7/10-1.5mi
    7/11- 2.2mi (2 hours of aerial yoga)
    7/12-1.04mi (1 hour aerial yoga)
    7/13- (2 hours of aerial hammock and hoop)

walk sprint walk sprint

seriously how do you keep your feet under you? when i go fast, even 10mph edit: i mean 10:00min/mile, i feel like i'm going to trip over my feet. it feels like a lot of coordination i may not have.
    also, do your legs get tired or your lungs first? it used to be my lungs but now my legs. my HR rarely goes above 170bpm

exercise.png

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Great job @cburke8909 !!
    Good luck tomorrow @MobyCarp
    @HonuNui great picture
    @sarahthes tell that Garmin not to be so negative ha ha Yesterday I came in from running in the morning with bugs all stuck to me. Skip was like gross, I said I think I have some in my teeth too ha ha
    @girlinahat ha ha
    If running didn't involve suffering everyone would be doing it. @LaDispute57 amen!

Taking Skip to the orthopedic dude on Monday, both her knees are really hurting her. She didn't run this morning and she hasn't missed a training run all summer. I think it's the new shoes she got about a month ago, she's been complaining on and off about her knees the past like 10 days. I told her while she's at work today to get something different. I'm not a Nike fan and that is what they are, so hopefully that is the issue.
  • LaDispute57
    The wrong shoes can kill you
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    @skippygirlsmom Yes, it seems to take about that much time for the wrong shoes to cause over-use injuries to become noticeable.