July 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• abutcher2122
    abutcher2122 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hoping to get a run in tonight. I was super tired this morning and since it was already 75 at 6. I walked my dog this morning and broke into a sweat in like a minute, clearly not going for a run was wise. I don’t mind being drenched in sweat when it’s cool out but when it’s hot that’s just death. Lol. So I spent my morning trying to find a race that starts before 8a. Sadly not many options but I found a ton of fun races with pretty cool bling. If my dog wasnt so spastic I’d do a race with him so he could get a medal cuz that’s pretty awesome. I did decide to do a half marathon for my birthday so I’m pretty stocked for that. Guess it’s time to follow an actual training plan.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @shanaber
    i wish she was. she is fear driven. you could put a hot dog or cheese in her mouth and she will spit it out if she anxious. she goes from ok to shut down in 0 sec flat.
    the running calms her down and gives her confidence but she won't run on her own either so i can't get her to exercise on her own before. and soon as we turn to home we go from 11:20ish to 9:50ish. HOME!!! so i have at least .2mi of pulling
    i'll have to continue with the training. she is way too sneaky for a head halter which is how i originally trained my old lady to run when she was younger.
    suprisingly, the border terrier i'm fostering is the worst
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,240 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @shanaber - yep Tony is the hairy beast in my photo.

Slow week for running - supposed to do 7 tomorrow but family is in for the weekend so we'll see.

exercise.png

Note to self - this should update to 19. I have to remind myself!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Just gonna leave this here...
    well done!!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Well done @Avidkeo - smashed it!!!

Welcome @mjone1997 - the only problem you’ll have getting to know people in this thread is in keeping up with it!!! Walk away for more than 24 hours and there’ll be three pages of catch up good stuff going on!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    @shanaber
    i wish she was. she is fear driven. you could put a hot dog or cheese in her mouth and she will spit it out if she anxious. she goes from ok to shut down in 0 sec flat.
    the running calms her down and gives her confidence but she won't run on her own either so i can't get her to exercise on her own before. and soon as we turn to home we go from 11:20ish to 9:50ish. HOME!!! so i have at least .2mi of pulling
    i'll have to continue with the training. she is way too sneaky for a head halter which is how i originally trained my old lady to run when she was younger.
    suprisingly, the border terrier i'm fostering is the worst

My sister-in-law has a border terrier. Fabulous dogs.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @lporter007 wrote @cburke8909- Congrats on meeting your 5K goal!! I think you are my running twin. If I remember right, didn't you recently run a half marathon PR in just under 1:40? (sorry if I have you confused with someone else) My HM PR is 1:39:56 and my 5K is 21:57. Of course, I ran that 5K in March when it was nice and cold out. My most recent evening 5K in sweltering evening heat was a full minute and a half slower, so maybe we are not running twins after all ;) Great job!!!
    You are correct, it looks like we are running mirrors of each other.
    @PastorVincent "323rd mile" ever wonder how autocorrect works. It is a great "smart"phone feature. 😉 😀