WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Lenora coconut oil is an excellent carrier for essential oil. They are strong so it is good to use a carrier oil. I bought a small guide book that tells me which oils are better for what I need. It is good to consult with your friend. One I do daily is I mix some lemon essential oil with my Epson salts and use it as a leg rub in the bath to help with leg cramps. I also love peppermint oil mixed into shea butter for my feet. An advantage to oilsl is they do not become antibiotic resistant. I used tea tree and eucalyptus when I had my sinus infection. I just opened the bottles and breathed in. Do not apply oil directly to your nose they are too strong.

I do not put sugar in my coffee. I just buy a high quality coffee. Last time at the farmers market I found a vendor who sold freshly roasted coffee beans. I grind them right before I brew. He told me to also get them slightly wet before brewing to get more flavor out of them. Lovely.

I also fortunately do not like sugar in my tea. I have learned to ask. Some places serve sweetened tea. My favorite place to order tea are Indian and Asian restaurants. They know how to make a good cup of tea. I have given up other places because they give you a pot of hopefully hot water and a tea bag. Waiters and waitress don't like it because they have to make special trip to get you more hot water.

If you want to ease yourself off sugar with tea adding cinnamon and orange peel sometimes helps. Cinnamon in coffee also is tasty.

Machka I had an Australian principal once and he said adding milk and sugar to tea they called it tipple you tea. Is that correct?

:heart: Margaret

This is what I use! Dr. Bonners Peppermint soap. Multi purpose, wash your body, your teeth, douche with it, everything!! Haahaa!
    rete1bqfr5a3.png
    💟Rebecca
    Granola eating momma in
    Whidbey island
    Washington

• coastalgosgal
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    <3 I am here and reading! First weekend with my new daycare child. He is seven and is playing with legos right now. We will head to the beach in a bit. Got up early, got my grocery shopping done and put away at home. I got a Mississippi Pot Roast going in the crock pot (using it as a pulled beef sandwich), baked a butternut squash and a couple of sweet potatoes (half for me, half for the baby's meals this week), threw together a spinach and artichoke lasagna for the in laws and have the cabbage chopped and ready for cole slaw to go with the pot roast sandwiches. All of this before my kiddo arrived at 7:30!

ttfn xoxoxo KJ

I bow before you, oh great human of extraordinary strength, a master of organisational skills, and all this done before I even woke up.......
    *Mind blown*
    Rebecca 💗👍
  • coastalgosgal
    So ladies this is my day! Slowly lowering my carbs, and eating healthy fats and proteins!
    w8bet0ej4nr2.png

Being on track, has never felt better!
    Love Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,991 Member
    Ok so it's mid afternoon on the east coast and I got got out of work before 1, stopped at grocery store and appetizers way to much for some wonderful stuff for.lunch tomorrow...then came home.picked up the mail to find out we got a failure to appear notice from court...didnt even know we when court date was for goodness sake. So made the mistakenof having a couple of a couple of sparkling waters with alcohol in them.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,596 Member
    Evelyn - So glad you have got my book. <3 I hope you find it interesting. If you do, please could you review it on Amazon. Thanks so much. :D

Did some language revision this evening. My Spanish house magazine, a couple of Duolingo exercises and some Swedish Utube videos. Better than nothing. The Russia match has gone into extra time.

Forgot to log the banana I had before my run this morning. Oops! That's taken me over, but I have my bonus calories as a buffer.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,056 Member
    Cccc
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    B)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    :p
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,576 Member
    B)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    :)
  • coastalgosgal
    😁😝😋😬👍💖
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    MICHELE,Hub was told to use ice or the frozen green pea holder 3x day ...20 minutes each time.Swelling was very light & mostly gone by 4 th day.so he didn’t use ice after that. No pain med needed,so did really well. Dr removed stitches a wk later & was very pleased with the eye & DH’s progress.

What a difference when you have a great Dr! Thanks also to SIL......he told me the back way to get downtown staying off the interstate...not my fav place to drive. Pat
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,991 Member
    Well about 3 weeks ago I found a Pandora bracelet in the lobby..... finally someone claimed it.....
    The fireworks should be starting anytime now...I have my windows open but might put fan in window so it's not as noisy....the occasional ones going off don't seem to bother him.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,131 Member
    :) My two walking friends have been gone for awhile --one to Texas to take care of things related to her mother's death, the other on a cruise to Alaska. Now they are both back. While they were gone I walked alone or with the dogs and listened to a lot of audio books and podcasts.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,443 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka thank you so much for the info on speed, cadence and power. Fascinating! having groceries delivered to take that one thing on your plate, brilliant! Hope you think of other time/labor savers. You've had your hands and plate full!

Great line dance workout Thursday night, sweated so much my hair was crunchy when it dried.

We're so used to doing everything ourselves, but now I'm starting hand off to people out there who can do this stuff for us. We already had a gardener who came and did our lawns ... so that's great!

My husband's home care worker also does domestic duties as part of her job description (and she needs to work with my husband to get him to do some too ... part of him becoming independent) so I'm coming home to a house where the floor is vacuumed, some of my laundry done, dishes done and put away ...

Something is up with our TV reception, and my first thought was that I might have to climb onto the roof and check the antenna etc., but then I thought ... there are people who do that! So I'll get somebody in.

The only other thing I need is a secretary to help me with the paperwork.

Funny thing about the hair ... after my ride on my trainer last night, my hair did the same thing, and because of the humidity (it's been very rainy here and I was sweating buckets), my hair also curled!

M in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Machka Well done, thinking of using the grocery delivery service. You're a smart cookie!