July Self-Care Challenge

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    This morning I did another item on my mental "I'm procrastinating because I'm scared" list.

This afternoon or tomorrow I think I'm going to go to Michaels or Staples and pick up a pretty planner of some sort. It's going to be my One Difficult Thing planner. I'm going to pick one scary, intimidating, confusing, difficult (you get the idea) thing to do each day. I hope this doesn't sound too pathetic, LOL!

I have little smiley face stickers, and I'll give myself one for each successful day. Sometimes we just have to play games with ourselves.

I like it!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    This morning I did another item on my mental "I'm procrastinating because I'm scared" list.

This afternoon or tomorrow I think I'm going to go to Michaels or Staples and pick up a pretty planner of some sort. It's going to be my One Difficult Thing planner. I'm going to pick one scary, intimidating, confusing, difficult (you get the idea) thing to do each day. I hope this doesn't sound too pathetic, LOL!

I have little smiley face stickers, and I'll give myself one for each successful day. Sometimes we just have to play games with ourselves.

I love this idea. It’s almost like having a project - by learning how to use the planner, stay organized, decorate it. Life should be fun and playful! I saw some great planners like this at Hobby Lobby, and I may go get one soon. Thanks for the idea!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Today I put some money in my superannuation fund.

Not much, but if there's one thing I've learned from MFP, losing weight, and running, it's that all the small efforts can make a big difference.

Excellent idea! Xo
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Today is the first day of my annual leave and I have stayed at home all day and just relaxed. Bliss take care all
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    Options
    July 26:
    Bookstore: treated myself to another Activity book on drawing!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Wrote this to share with friends after learning so much in here.

https://zenmode.org/2018/07/28/self-care-ideas-for-men-and-women/
  • RubyRed427
    Options

I enjoyed reading that so much! You’re a talented blogger; you get to the point and enlighten us with your ideas.

Something nice happened the other day on vacation. I went to pay in Starbucks drive through line and the barista said, the people in front of you paid for your order. So, I said I’ll pay for the people in back of me. I’m imaging the chain went on pretty long. Anyway, that is self care in the form of surprising someone by doing a good deed. It put a big smile on our faces.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    July 27: Reading - a lot!

July 28: more reading & photographing nature!!
  • Orphia
    Options

I enjoyed reading that so much! You’re a talented blogger; you get to the point and enlighten us with your ideas.

Something nice happened the other day on vacation. I went to pay in Starbucks drive through line and the barista said, the people in front of you paid for your order. So, I said I’ll pay for the people in back of me. I’m imaging the chain went on pretty long. Anyway, that is self care in the form of surprising someone by doing a good deed. It put a big smile on our faces.

Thank you, Julie! x

What a lovely story! Thanks for telling us.
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options

i love this!
  • twyla77
    Options
    My boyfriend of 2 years has accepted a job offer in another province and he leaves in 10 days. My self-care today was just lying in bed crying. I’m trying to be strong in front of him because I want to celebrate him getting this job and i don’t want to make it any harder, so it felt really good to just lie alone and let myself cry.
  • Orphia
    Options
    twyla77 wrote: »
    My boyfriend of 2 years has accepted a job offer in another province and he leaves in 10 days. My self-care today was just lying in bed crying. I’m trying to be strong in front of him because I want to celebrate him getting this job and i don’t want to make it any harder, so it felt really good to just lie alone and let myself cry.

@twyla77 Oh, man, so sorry you're sad.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

So sorry
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options

Thinking of you, Twyla... I’m so sorry you’re going through this, and glad you are letting yourself cry.
    We’re here for you.
  • Orphia
    Options
    @twyla77 How are you today?
  • RubyRed427
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @twyla77 I have thought about you all weekend. I feel so sad for you. Your heart is breaking. Nothing is permanent. You can always visit each other, skype daily and maybe one day move closer to him. Sending you hugs.
  • twyla77
    Options
    @Orphia @MadisonMolly2017 @JulieAL1969 @Idontcareyoupick thanks, everyone! i’m feeling ok - no sense wasting our last few days together moping around - gotta get out and have fun so we have a few more memories! my heart is breaking, but it will get better! will just take some getting used to! thanks again xoxo.
  • twyla77
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hello!
    I started an August Self-Care Challenge if anyone wants to keep these good vibes going! Hope to see you over there! xoxo!
    (also, How is it already August!? wow!)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10685409/august-self-care-challenge#latest
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Hello!
    I started an August Self-Care Challenge if anyone wants to keep these good vibes going! Hope to see you over there! xoxo!
    (also, How is it already August!? wow!)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10685409/august-self-care-challenge#latest

THANK YOU, Twyla!! Hugs!