You Intimidate Me

Options

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,210 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Who here is or was intimidated by @kinetixtrainer2 ?

Because that might be the best example I can think of for someone who would never do it intentionally

He actually seems like the least intimidating person! I think he is very kind and supportive

Clearly he’s never verbally abused you based on your hygiene

Hrmph

Haha well butt stuff and deodorant are important. Just saying
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,210 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've been intimidated by anyone here. I admire many from afar, like I did at first with @CoffeeAndContour. Knowing she found me intimidating seems a little shocking but I'm glad she decided to add me anyway and now I get to stalk her from upclose instead from afar ;)

As for my big bro @kinetixtrainer2 He never intimidated me. I always knew he was a delicate flower :p

Hahaha. I’m gentle.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    kdbulger wrote: »
    I don't post/engage often enough to get "in" here. And honestly half of that is just that I am intimidated by the speed of new comments coming in and the fact that everyone seems to have personal jokes that I just don't get. I kind of just...meh...gave up. I come check out the threads here on work days when I have not much on my plate.

^^ Probably the closest to how I feel. It's not intimidation per se, just a sense of feeling somewhat left out. And not because I feel unwelcome, because I've certainly seen efforts to recognize new people posting, just that a lot of you have interacted with one another for so long that you have a natural camaraderie of which newcomers aren't a part.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the actual username intimidates me.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    You know who intimidates me? The unofficial Queen of the New Products thread. I so badly want to ask her opinion on McDonald's new frozen cold brew, but what if she finds my tastes deplorable? Could I handle that embarrassment and continue lurking in there? I just don't know. :|
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    If I have to call out one person I'd say it's @System who I'd like to become more intimate with.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    If you let people intimidate you in a web forum then I am concerned with how poorly you would handle a physical confrontation.

Just sayin'

DISCLOSURE: I teach Combatives, Defensive Tactics, and Personal Protection

Sorry physical confrontation is easier to deal with that social rejection

This is an opinion and not fact. Times have changed a lot over the years that may make what you say true for many.....but believe me my friend, intimidation from where I grew up was physically and mentally excruciating. Social rejection comes in many forms, and cyber intimidation is something i never had to deal with but do see it so i wont discount it. But having the big kids jack you up to sell drugs for them because you are to young to do time is pretty traumatic physical intimidation. That and other things like that happen to kids and even some adults to this day in neighborhoods where I work with the kids. It's never just one way when it comes to what's worse when it comes to these type of things.

For sure, I didn’t mean to state it as a fact, and I understand everyone’s situation is different and i work hard to understand the stories of everyone I meet because of this.
    Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses based on what has happened in their life(except you, I know you have no weaknesses Mr. Stark)

Honestly i’m not gonna fight someone unless they are threatening my kids. Outside of that it’s words for me, if they resort to violence I guess that’s their choice.
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    @JustKeepTryin used to intimidate me. We had a certain situation in the beginning and I was afraid to joke with her. She deleted me once and I had to beg her back. Literally explained my life story because she thought I was a drama freak. Lol! Good times. Now we are like this close, like two peas in a pod. We even met in person and it was amazingly fun!
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously trying to think of a situation where I was intimated by someone. People are just people. There are those that make me want to step up my own game, but rarely do I ever feel intimidated.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    If you let people intimidate you in a web forum then I am concerned with how poorly you would handle a physical confrontation.

Just sayin'

DISCLOSURE: I teach Combatives, Defensive Tactics, and Personal Protection

Sorry physical confrontation is easier to deal with that social rejection

This is an opinion and not fact. Times have changed a lot over the years that may make what you say true for many.....but believe me my friend, intimidation from where I grew up was physically and mentally excruciating. Social rejection comes in many forms, and cyber intimidation is something i never had to deal with but do see it so i wont discount it. But having the big kids jack you up to sell drugs for them because you are to young to do time is pretty traumatic physical intimidation. That and other things like that happen to kids and even some adults to this day in neighborhoods where I work with the kids. It's never just one way when it comes to what's worse when it comes to these type of things.

For sure, I didn’t mean to state it as a fact, and I understand everyone’s situation is different and i work hard to understand the stories of everyone I meet because of this.
    Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses based on what has happened in their life(except you, I know you have no weaknesses Mr. Stark)

Honestly i’m not gonna fight someone unless they are threatening my kids. Outside of that it’s words for me, if they resort to violence I guess that’s their choice.

I agree with all of this.

As for no weaknesses, even though I know it was a sarcastic remark, I'll answer that this way.......I have a great many, but the strength to face them head on every single day overrides them. I rarely allow them to dictate any aspect of my life, but on the few times they occasionally do.....the pain is excruciating.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Because that might be the best example I can think of for someone who would never do it intentionally

He actually seems like the least intimidating person! I think he is very kind and supportive

Hrmph

Did you have a bit of melted ice cream on your chin when you posted a selfie?

It all stems from a video I posted long ago.. I may have admitted I wasn’t wearing deodorant. And that I hadn’t showered. And next thing you know, I’m a ‘person with bad hygiene’ :grumble:
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options

Hrmph

Did you have a bit of melted ice cream on your chin when you posted a selfie?

It all stems from a video I posted long ago.. I may have admitted I wasn’t wearing deodorant. And that I hadn’t showered. And next thing you know, I’m a ‘person with bad hygiene’ :grumble:

Soooo.....is a person that hasn't showered and has not put on deodorant an example of, good hygiene? ;)
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    @JustKeepTryin used to intimidate me. We had a certain situation in the beginning and I was afraid to joke with her. She deleted me once and I had to beg her back. Literally explained my life story because she thought I was a drama freak. Lol! Good times. Now we are like this close, like two peas in a pod. We even met in person and it was amazingly fun!

Lol I love you too pieces girl!!!
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously trying to think of a situation where I was intimated by someone. People are just people. There are those that make me want to step up my own game, but rarely do I ever feel intimidated.

This is a great trait of yours. I'm actually extremely shy in person.... at first. But it's all over once i warm up.... but that's only in social situations. Everytime I change offices I come in like I've been there for years
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Pretty much every single poster intimidates me. But this is my issue, not theirs..me and confidence do not always belong in the same conversation

I agree with this. It is mostly my issue.

I’m intimidated too by the hyper sensitivity shown by some. Inside I just roll my eyes... outside I try to get along.

Wow, i cant believe you just said that. :#

;);)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    @cee134 used to intimidate me.
    as well as
    @Motorsheen

But he’s starting to grow on me.

I'll work on that.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Sami488 wrote: »
    @caco_ethes you intimidated me with your wit and sense of humor.
    @leut_underpants intimidated me with his harsh and direct sense of humor.
    Same with 2 more but I can't remember their usernames to tag them. Cee? Danny something?

Basically really funny, witty, direct and sometimes harsh people.

I've always had an appreciation and fear of people like that. It's healthy, I checked.

@cee134 and @denny_mac

One time I laughed so hard at Cee that I injured myself in a lawn chair. He gave me the giggles like no one else. Except @MeeseeksAndDestroy :cry:

owp01hokn9bm.gif
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Yeahhh.. nahhh not feeling intimidated :D
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I’m new, everyone intimidates me still. 😂😂