You Intimidate Me

Options

Replies

• LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I’m new, everyone intimidates me still. 😂😂

I'm new too... why don't you intimidate me and use that to build your confidence to intimidate others?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    6icteuxfgwov.png

I'm new too... why don't you intimidate me and use that to build your confidence to intimidate others?

You win! Everyone go home
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    6icteuxfgwov.png

You win! Everyone go home

Ha! I like her already
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    @kam26001 could out funny me in a contest, no doubt! 😁
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    @kam26001 could out funny me in a contest, no doubt! 😁
    gimme ur lunch money, kid :grimace:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    acnoyes wrote: »
    I think this thread just proved the original question of the thread and a previous poster's comment about things devolving into inside jokes and flirting, which by nature is not inclusive.

It is what it is...no matter where you go in life there is always a "cool kids" table and it only has so many chairs. And I say that with no anger or judgment. Most of us grew up like that...unless one is part of the "everyone gets a trophy" philosophy of child raising.

What I find though is that we all find our own levels and the people that we associate with share some commonality...forcing oneself into a group which is well established is perhaps not the right goal anyway. Nothing is "wrong" with being in a clique, or being OGs or regulars...they have created where they spend time and contribute to the culture of the group. It's natural to look for something comfortable in a group of strangers and when you're in, you're in. The rest of us (said generically) will ultimately find where we are comfortable, or create it.

I hear what you're saying..
  • acnoyes
    acnoyes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think this thread just proved the original question of the thread and a previous poster's comment about things devolving into inside jokes and flirting, which by nature is not inclusive.

It is what it is...no matter where you go in life there is always a "cool kids" table and it only has so many chairs. And I say that with no anger or judgment. Most of us grew up like that...unless one is part of the "everyone gets a trophy" philosophy of child raising.

What I find though is that we all find our own levels and the people that we associate with share some commonality...forcing oneself into a group which is well established is perhaps not the right goal anyway. Nothing is "wrong" with being in a clique, or being OGs or regulars...they have created where they spend time and contribute to the culture of the group. It's natural to look for something comfortable in a group of strangers and when you're in, you're in. The rest of us (said generically) will ultimately find where we are comfortable, or create it.

It is clearly only my opinion and not a statement of fact...just the way I see things...
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

It is clearly only my opinion and not a statement of fact...just the way I see things...

I think your statement is well thought out and basically I agree.
  • acnoyes
    Options

Thank you. I am grateful you read it for how it was intended.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options

not me.

I was deeply offended.

.... just clowning.

yeah, good points, stick around; okay?
  • acnoyes
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

not me.

I was deeply offended.

.... just clowning.

yeah, good points, stick around; okay?

Not sure I can since I am deeply offended that you were deeply offended. Not sure we can ever recover from that...

😉
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

Yup. I agree with this.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Options

Its a good point.

On the other hand, there really isn't a way to help people break through the barrier. They gotta just crash headlong in if they want to join in. The only way for people to know you are here is to just start posting.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

I agree with this.

When I first came here I was no stranger to forums in general, so I just elbowed my way in. I kinda cringe at how obnoxious I must’ve seemed :sweat_smile: But had I just lurked for a while I think I would’ve felt like an outsider and bailed.

The first few people I befriended were fairly new too. And the longer I stayed, the more the OGs realized I was a permanent fixture. They became more familiar with my posting style and I theirs. Some inside jokes were explained along the way. New inside jokes were created right before my eyes, only now I understood that it was purely by virtue of being around on the boards when things happened that a person becomes privy to inside jokes. It’s not some exclusive thing.

I’ve also noticed that there are times I can make references to something that seemed like a big deal to me but other people don’t know what I’m talking about at all. I’m glad they tell me that they have no idea what I’m talking about. It makes me feel free to do the same when I’m confused.

Ultimately though, a person has to decide to try to stick around and make the forums work for them. There’s a warming up period. That’s unavoidable. Blaming it on people being close before you came along is just projecting. I do hope everyone feels welcome enough to stay and play. I know there will always be some who feel turned off by it though.

Side note: the vague threads are their own animal. People are purposely vague there. I’m guessing those are intimidating as hell to a new person. Hell, I’ve been here a year and they give me the crawlies.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

Its a good point.

On the other hand, there really isn't a way to help people break through the barrier. They gotta just crash headlong in if they want to join in. The only way for people to know you are here is to just start posting.

Psh, you threatened to ban us all if we didn't like you.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

We have a long history of mutual bribery

1e3e7wpl7096.jpeg
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

1e3e7wpl7096.jpeg

She was such a @hotmod with that profile pic.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

1e3e7wpl7096.jpeg

She was such a @hotmod with that profile pic.

Stop being so meta, this is an inside joke free zone