Hating on Fat People Just Makes Them Fatter

Options
15678911»

Replies

• dazzer1975
    dazzer1975 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you something ........... My Brother is none of those ugly terms you used in your rant. Nor is he a "bully", or lazy.
    My Brother called me out for being fat, told me I was fat. And I am glad he did. Because, I was FAT!.

Er, I never mentioned your brother, or you, but seeing as you took it to mean you personally, I think it is pretty obvious that you recognised much of what I wrote in your situation. Additionally, if that is how and what your brother said to you, then yes, I can't think of anything more lazy or ignorant than that. I am also at a loss as to how someone overweight can be oblivious to that fact, but some people are more self aware than others I suppose. The only quote I used was taken from the OP, so have no idea other than you recognise what I wrote in your situation and thus are getting so obviously defensive, why you would think I was so interested in your personal situation as to address my post to it?

<snip> inane pointless guff.

Perhaps yours was the post i hit reply to instead of replying generally to the thread as was my intention, even so, it beats the crap out of me how you would take my words and apply them to your situation...unless they fit, which they seem to.

P.S. you might not want to take my ticker as evidence of my journey before you start trying to tell me what I should do.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    OK so... it's just saying that fat-shaming isn't productive. Shocking? And people are getting upset, people would love for shaming to be productive so they can walk around telling people they are ugly, fat, slutty, dumb etc etc etc and it says a lot about the people in this thread who say it helps. I feel sorry for you, take some personal responsibility like you suggest others do and keep your crappy self esteem, insecurities and petty thoughts to yourself.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    And you dont know me, or my brother.... I was not oblivious to the fact that I was over weight. Quite the contrary actually. Being that I have been at optimal fitness levels in the past. I guess I was being LAZY, and needed that last little knudge, to get off my azz and do something about it.

I guess that was the gist of my original post. That it is NOT detrimental to everyone. As the article the OP copied has suggested. Just as losing BF is not the same for everyone .... do you understand that a little better maybe ....

Your ignorant writings do not fit me or my brother what so ever really. It was just the broad general name calling of everybody and anybody in your post that would make it out that you were insulting all people that had "called someone out" ... quite simply.

And I really couldn't care less about your ticker, I had not even looked at it until you just had to mention it. You want a cookie or something??