Hating on Fat People Just Makes Them Fatter

Options

Replies

• feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Anectdotally it's true...

When I was in middle school and I got called a whale...I got fatter

When my Mom told me she that if she was as big as me she'd never be able to leave the house...I got fatter

When I was in high school and they made moo'ing noises at me...I got fatter

When my uncle called me a Sumo wrestler...I got fatter

When the same uncle told me no man would ever love me because they would be afraid I'd roll over onto them...I got fatter

When I was laughed at CeCe's pizza...I got fatter

When some man at a buffet told me how disgusting it was I was getting dessert...I got fatter

It wasnt until I discovered that my body was actually very attractive and seductive to men, and I started to want to learn how to love my self did the weight come off.

So from this fatties point of view yeah shaming just makes em' fatter.

I know this feeling very well. I think the biggest thing (at least for me) is learning coping skills. Learning to better occupy oneself, how to deal with stress. I'm no expert here, only having lost 2.4 lbs in my week journey since committing ;)
  • lovejulez03
    lovejulez03 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree with everyone in this post, from what I've read, including the OP. From a psychological standpoint it's been proven that SOME people will take discrimination and use it negatively. But there are too many factors involved in each individual to say that this article is 100% true - it depends on the person. Everyone handles things differently, whether it's weight, loss of a loved one, abuse, etc.

For anyone saying that this article is 100% right or 100% wrong is wrong, in my opinion. I DO believe both sides. It's about common sense, an open mind, and psychology.

Bottom line... don't be so quick to think you're 100% right.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    How is not being able to ride a roller coaster or sit comfortably on a plane discrimination? I am not allowed to enjoy the bouncy castle at our local street fair, because I am an adult. Am I being discriminated against? (Seriously, am I? Because if I have a case I am going to make those ****ers let me bounce!)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    We should all just join the joke that is the National Fat Acceptance Movement, so people's feelings don't get hurt
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    We should all just join the joke that is the National Fat Acceptance Movement, so people's feelings don't get hurt

You are my thinspiration
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

QFT.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

You are my thinspiration

♫ You're the meaning in my life, you're the thinspiration. ♫
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Well I guess there goes that theory of calories and self control.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    In Japan fat people are discriminated and embarassed more than in other corners of the world. How is it that they are not all obese? Why are they thinner than most? Stop blaming others or fate or other immaginary reasons.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    In Japan fat people are discriminated and embarassed more than in other corners of the world. How is it that they are not all obese? Why are they thinner than most? Stop blaming others or faith or other immaginary reasons.

I liked your blog on faith.
  • FitbitVanessa
    FitbitVanessa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mean people suck, and the world isn't fair. Get over it.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, don't mind me. I'm just here with some logic.

Correlation does not equal causation.

OMG I think I love you :flowerforyou:
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    New study just in:

Articles being made for fat people to have another excuse to add to the list.... for being fat.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

i have reported you to the proper authorities. the interwebz is no place for logic. go sell your brand of crazy elsewhere.

everyone is different. some people it could take a flippant comment such as, hey big tits (to a male friend) and they will get serious about losing weight while another person hears that comment and 5 years later they are having the side of their house cut out so the EMTs can take them to the hospital.

ive had people call me fat, porky, whale, fattso and a whole slew of names. you know what it did to me? nothing. i dont let what someone i do not know affect me.

what did make me want to change things around was a simple family picture from a years and a half ago.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, another article for people who are too lazy and/or uncaring about their health to fall back on instead of eating less and moving more. Victim mentality FTMFL.

+1

People have the body they want !!
  • casy84
    Options
    In Japan fat people are discriminated and embarassed more than in other corners of the world. How is it that they are not all obese? Why are they thinner than most? Stop blaming others or faith or other immaginary reasons.

I liked your blog on faith.

Sorry, English isn't my 1st language :D
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, another article for people who are too lazy and/or uncaring about their health to fall back on instead of eating less and moving more. Victim mentality FTMFL.

+1

actually you should eat more to lose more
  • casy84
    Options

+1

actually you should eat more to lose more

:flowerforyou:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

you get out of here with your logic!
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I was abused as a child and my stepdad nicknamed me "Ms Piggy!". It took me till my late 30's and I am now 40 and thinner than I have been in my whole life. My mom even said I probably haven't wore these sizes since elementary school. How else do you interpret it if that's all you know and you cannot help who you are surrounded by when you are a child!