i had a homemade ham and cheese omelette
    bagel lightly buttered
    glass of milk

mmmm
    mmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • gangsterfurious
    Options
    Every time I try to eat breakfast I end up going over my calories and I'm totally forcing myself to eat something that I don't want to most of the time just because I "should". I do much better with my weight-loss when I am not eating it and when I wait until my body is actually hungry for food.
  • amymarie2534
    amymarie2534 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Almost everyday. I notice on days I don't have a breakfast (only because I forgot), I can't seem to focus at work, as opposed to days I do eat it
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If I don't I get dizzy, light headed and almost faint...but that goes for me hungry anyway....

I think it has something to do with my low blood pressure...not really sure

So I eat...whenever I am hungry and it just so happens I am hungry in the morning and a lunch and bam you guessed it dinner.
  • shaggydaddy
    Options
    When, I have had successful weight loss periods they have been when I actually eat breakfast every day. It's kind of hard not to eat something at my job. I am surrounded by lighter weight eaters. It's a matter of making those meals healthy.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    yes. i really enjoy breakfast, actually.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I do not unless I'm up earlier than usual and hungry. I have the same issue with eating more than I should if I eat breakfast.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Meal Frequency comes down to Personal Preference and in my case Yes I eat Breakfast :drinker:

This. All that matters is total calories consumed, not when you eat them, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    No. And I love it.
  • mrmkirsch
    Options
    I eat breakfast every day.

If I ensure that my breakfast contains sufficient protein and fiber, then it lasts me well beyond the traditional Noon lunch hour. If I don't get enough of either fiber or protein, then I'm hungry and need a snack before lunch and end up eating more before the day is out than I would otherwise.

Think about it this way: If you eat breakfast at 6 AM, then at Noon you've gone 6 hours without food (if you don't snack). Dinner at 5 PM? You've gone 5 hours since lunch. Snack at 8 PM? Then 8 PM to 6 AM the next day is 10 hours without food. Your body needs fuel to get a new day started.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I personally have to eat breakfast. I wake up hungry and I feel sick working out if I don't.

Same here.

I think ultimately you have to do what's best for you. I personally try to have breakfast that's high in protein and fiber, and it keeps me full until lunch. Actually I try to make sure every meal is high in protein and fiber and I don't over eat.
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    breakfast is so delicious, why wouldn't someone eat it!?!?!
  • lepetitrouge
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, because I feel like it stimulates my appetite for the rest of the day. When I skip breakfast, I feel hungry later in the morning, but it doesn't really bother me. It's not the same kind of pre-lunch hunger pangs I usually get after having eaten breakfast. At most, I'll eat a banana before lunch (if I take my epilepsy meds on an empty stomach, they make me nauseous). All I really want when I first get up is a glass of water and a couple of cups of coffee.

I read an article a few weeks ago about the breakfast issue:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57595759/skipping-breakfast-may-be-healthy-way-to-lose-weight-for-some/

Sorry if it's already been posted here ;-)
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yes/no depending on the definition of breakfast. Last couple of days I had it before sleeping. Today I probably had my AM Snack several hours after waking (i.e. ~3 pm) and just had the first half of my lunch (~8:45 pm). Does 2-5 hours of sleep, and 0-3 hours before a post-waking meal count as a fast?

Edit: Actually, I won't know what time I woke up until I sync my Ki Fit after midnight, but I think I had that melon around 3-4 pm.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hollie, here is what I have learned over the years. If dinner is the last thing you had at night, then your body is doing something with that food and calories. All night long it is still doing its job, does not know if it is a weekend, etc. the only thing it knows that it is looking for something to eat, because your body it still working all night long. First thing it looks for is protein and that is going to come from muscle and it storing the fat and turning the carbs into sugar for storage, because it needs to be fed. Ok now you wake up in the morning and you expect your engine to take off and be revved up, but you have not given it any fuel to burn, so it going to good storage and still storing fat, because you are starving it and it is holding on to everything you have given it. If you feed it protein in the morning, now it has fuel to burn and get the engines burning fat and not muscle. energy is up and your Porsche body now has Premium fuel to make it perform.

Here is a little graphic that you can save for use in travels

ththExercisegirl.gif
    WUT?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Um.......not sure what to say about that theory, but hey if it works for you go for it and believe what you want (even if goes against our typical AnP high scool textbook).
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I know the popular answer is "You're SUPPOSED to eat breakfast!!!" but I have noticed on the days where I eat breakfast, I over eat the rest of the day. So not sure if it's coincidence or what. Curious if anyone has had good results NOT eating breakfast. Usually, all I want upon waking is coffee and water.

The overeating is probably related to what you are eating rather than eating breakfast itself.
    For breakfast I have 50g oats and 35g of sultanas or dried figs cooked in water and topped with about 40ml of soymilk and a black coffee.
    It satisfies me for a long time. If I get hungry during the day I have nuts and fresh fruit as snacks.
    kind regards,

Ben
    [/quote

this
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I usually only have a real breakfast on the weekends....at lunch time.

For "breakfast" I might have my 100 calorie muffin. In my experience, I'd be more likely to overeat. I put off my meals for as long as possible without feeling like *kitten*!
  • ajaxe432
    Options
    What it boils down to is if it works for you:) Some people eat breakfast, some do not. There is no "wrong way" on this.
  • cyndilie
    cyndilie Posts: 52
    Options
    In addition to my personal nutritionist, the following organizations sat that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day", especially if trying to lose or control your weight. I'm going with what the experts say, and its working for me.

Harvard School of Public Health
    Mayo Clinic
    American Institute of Cancer Research
    WebMD
    Johns Hopkins School of Public Health
    Scientific American
    American Diabetes Association
  • ajaxe432
    Options
    In addition to my personal nutritionist, the following organizations sat that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day", especially if trying to lose or control your weight. I'm going with what the experts say, and its working for me.

Harvard School of Public Health
    Mayo Clinic
    American Institute of Cancer Research
    WebMD
    Johns Hopkins School of Public Health
    Scientific American
    American Diabetes Association
    And thats what works for you, but we all know it may work differently for someone else:)