Women and jealousy

Options

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    You can't paint all women with the same brush. I do agree some are extremely jealous, but I am not one of them :smile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My husband loves that I don't have that 'hormone' - no internal clock ticking either. My husband is hot and has a great personality so they all flock to him. It is entertaining and we don't go out much so he works it. He actually got upset once that I didn't get jealous. Jealous of what - dude - I got what they want - they're the ones who should be jealous.
    Years ago, I dated a guy who was in law school.

We were in a bar one evening -- I think we were going to dinner, but stopped for a drink first, I can't remember -- and it was early, so only a few people were there. Mostly, they were employees either on or off the clock, talking to each other and ignoring us. Well, my BF at the time overheard something in their conversation that caused him to pipe up with, "I'm a lawyer. I can help you with that."

As soon as he said it, the women started fawning over him and acting like I wasn't even there. It was interesting, but it didn't make me angry. I was amused. And then he left with me and probably never saw any of them again. What would have been the point of being jealous, right? Silliness.

But you and I apparently are mythical creatures.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I actually think a woman's ability to be a jealous bish is directly related to how poorly she's been treated over the years of her life. If she's young and has been treated well, she's barely ever jealous; if she's old and has been treated well she's even less jealous. If, however, she's young and has been treated poorly, she's learning to envy the lives of others and if she's old and has been treated poorly for years, she's bitter and angry and hurt... and very jealous.

So next time you wonder why someone is jealous, consider they could have been terribly hurt at one time.

Good job, friend!

Excellent.
  • pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    if thats the case, women just hate on each other, they have to be the most prettiest, most best dressed in the room. They just have to. and if another girl is prettier than her, most likey she wants her to die in an aweful subway accident.

My husband described his ex this way. He said "If she perceived another woman as attractive, she felt that the woman had x-amount of beauty that she then couldn't have, as if beauty were a finite thing." It came up because I was saying things to him like "You've got to see the rack coming your way - quick - 10:00!" And he was always amazed I'd comment on other women and their beauty.

Relationships between women grow difficult around age 12 and really don't get easier. I've been lucky to have the same wonderful BFF since 10th grade (I'm 40 now) and feel truly blessed to be at an age and place where I can see through the superficiality of most female-female interactions. Honestly, I'd just rather stay home than be around a group of catty girls.
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    solidarity, my sisters.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    MjAxMy0wMTFiYjhlMzYyODdkN2Nk.png
  • pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    Options

I.HEART.THIS.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I.HEART.THIS.
    That meme makes me want to punch puppies.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! That's kind of true.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I actually think a woman's ability to be a jealous bish is directly related to how poorly she's been treated over the years of her life. If she's young and has been treated well, she's barely ever jealous; if she's old and has been treated well she's even less jealous. If, however, she's young and has been treated poorly, she's learning to envy the lives of others and if she's old and has been treated poorly for years, she's bitter and angry and hurt... and very jealous.

So next time you wonder why someone is jealous, consider they could have been terribly hurt at one time.

I can't agree with that..

there are some that would say I have been horribly horribly hurt over time...

and I don't have a jealous mistrusting bone in my body...

I just don't.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

I can't agree with that..

there are some that would say I have been horribly horribly hurt over time...

and I don't have a jealous mistrusting bone in my body...

I just don't.

^^THIS. My life growing up was NOTHING but hurt and I have still managed to be the most UN-jealous person in my circle of friends. I think you have to realize that life isn't always easy, suck it up, learn from your mistakes and treat others as you want to be treated, NOT how you may have been treated in the past.
  • johnnysdurl13
    Options
    We don't like our competition.

We've been wired since we were young that we should aspire to be the prettiest girl in the room, always. Because that girl gets everything good. Beauty means everything. Its all we've been told our entire lives. So naturally, we get jealous of our competition, her presence knocks your worth down a few pegs.

^THIS!
    We are wired and brought up to compete.
    What women need to learn to do, though, is reel in that jealousy.

Like, instead of being like "Ugh, that skinny, pretty, whatever b***h" we need to learn to stop hating.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Jealous of other women, not really. Hate people (all people in general), yes. I could be classified as a h8ter.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I get jealous enough to kill when some skank is eating a really good looking piece of chocolate cake and I have none. She deserves what's coming to her.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Anyway, I would say PEOPLE (not women) who are jealous are mainly insecure.
  • angieochoa1201
    Options
    HAHA

Plain and simple women are judges exclusively by our looks. Men not so much...
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    All I can say is:

tumblr_lj23vyja1m1qiqh1uo1_400.gif
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    From my few years on earth and even shorter time on this forum, it's apparent that women can be jealous beings. So my question is, do women have some sort of hormone that spikes jealousy levels

From my few years on earth and a couple of months on this forum, it's apparent that some people perpetuate sexist stereotypes or are (perhaps?) sexist themselves without possibly recognizing it.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I get jealous enough to kill when some skank is eating a really good looking piece of chocolate cake and I have none. She deserves what's coming to her.

:angry: that ho(e)!
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    The symptoms of my jealousy were 2 cheating ex's who couldnt keep it in their pants. The mans fault.