Women and jealousy

Options

Replies

• jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Women hate women

I agree with this statement...women secretly and in some cases openly hate each other. Ever see your mother and grandmother in the kitchen together trying to cook? Dear Lord...i'd rather go out to avoid the arguing and nasty looks.

You must live with a sad family... I pity you. Those women sound awful.

Strong this...my mother and grandmother are two peas in a pod. It usually is used against me.
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Picking and choosing your battles, eh? The Misc. has taught you well.

Yes ma'am

All of those "Uwotm8", neg threats and "you cheeky kent you" gives you thick skin and makes you forum savvy, nomsaying?

U are 2 cheeky kents mates I swear on me mum's life

lol snorted my coffee

i no u are scared lil bish gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up cuz ur sum big *kitten* with muscles lol

Damn I did that just from memory, need to go find the full copy pasta.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Women hate women

I agree with this statement...women secretly and in some cases openly hate each other. Ever see your mother and grandmother in the kitchen together trying to cook? Dear Lord...i'd rather go out to avoid the arguing and nasty looks.

Yikes! Not true at all. I think there are SOME women who hate other women, but I think that's the exception rather than the rule.

To me there is a huge difference between envy and jealousy. I am not an envious woman. I admire women who are attractive, who are smart, who are accomplished and I really admire women who are all of the above. I am one of those things, I am smart. So I envy women who have qualities that I don't possess, but I don't resent them for having those qualities.

I am a jealous woman. I am totally and completely willing to admit it. I am insecure and even though my husband has never given me any indication in 23 years together that he would ever cheat on me, I always have this nagging at the back of my head that says that if someone better than me were to come along, maybe he would leave me for her. Logically, I know it won't happen, but emotionally I have trouble believing it. That's a huge shortcoming on my part and I am lucky that he is willing to overlook that part of me.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I don't get jealous. I'm good enough for me, and I just hope she's good enough for her. As for jealousy with men? What a waste. I either trust him or I don't, and if I don't, I move on.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of hearing that women hate women like we're always at each other's throats. It's a crappy stereotype that people use as an excuse for poor behavior. SOME women hate other women. The women who say that women hate women aren't doing themselves or their sex any favors. Knock it off.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of hearing that women hate women like we're always at each other's throats. It's a crappy stereotype that people use as an excuse for poor behavior. SOME women hate other women. The women who say that women hate women aren't doing themselves or their sex any favors. Knock it off.

This.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I have a headache. I'm going back to the fast food thread, peace out ladies and gentlemen lol
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options

This.
    X2
  • chimanlifts1
    Options
    Picking and choosing your battles, eh? The Misc. has taught you well.

Yes ma'am

All of those "Uwotm8", neg threats and "you cheeky kent you" gives you thick skin and makes you forum savvy, nomsaying?

U are 2 cheeky kents mates I swear on me mum's life

lol snorted my coffee

i no u are scared lil bish gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up cuz ur sum big *kitten* with muscles lol

Damn I did that just from memory, need to go find the full copy pasta.

Much more entertaining than all of this myfitnesspal madness
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Some women are just crazy...that's what it's called.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If you wanna see envy and jealousy on stage, watch the Bachelorette.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Jealousy is a waste of energy *shrugs*
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Also interesting though: I'm a classical singer so I have a lot of contact with religious texts as expressed in the 17th-19th centuries. The biblical god is often described as "jealous", and it's definitely a very masculine take on the deity in question.
    This type of jealousy is what I was talking about when I defined jealous and defined envy:
    I think there's a big difference between jealousy and envy. I think of jealousy as a good thing, and envy as not good. Like, I am jealous for the things which are mine...my marriage, my children. But I don't think envy of other women is good.....it's like saying that what they have, I don't want them to have, or that I want what they have.
    God is jealous for what is rightfully His.
  • jleach
    jleach Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    smart women grow out of it.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    This cracks me up, especially when women despise others just cause they are prettier.
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My freshman year of college, the school over admitted women, so, along with 8 other girls, got placed to live in a men's dorm. Trust me, that year dissuaded me of any gender stereotypes. Those young men were as catty, gossipy, and jealous as any group of women I'd ever known.
  • mom5284
    mom5284 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Spot on babe! and thats why im trying to lose fat!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It is very interesting. As a woman, I never realized the jealous/envy factor until I started my weight journey. I have lost about 18lbs mainly from heavy lifting. Its been a wonderful journey so far and I can't believe all of the things by body has shown me. What I have seen is that most of the men at the gym are quick to compliment and say "wow, you've come a long way" or "you're looking good", etc. The women I encounter are the complete opposite. They will stare incessantly, but will never speak, nor smile. Its very judging and I'm sure they are thinking progress has been made with this woman, but I shall NOT compliment much less acknowledge the same. Its very sad. I have no problem complementing another individual, male or female. Do I size myself up, sure, all of us do (men and women), but it all boils down to insecurity and ladies, you better get a grip. There will always be someone who is taller, shorter, heavier, thinner, and prettier than you. Deal with it. That is all!
    Can't expect a woman to behave like a man, they are different creatures. And I think it is a mistake to jump to conclusions about what a person is thinking based on your interpretation of their silence, and even body language can be misinterpreted....Maybe your own body language is throwing them off.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Evolution. We want the best men so we can have the best babies. Duh.

This.

And the fact that throughout most of history up until recent centuries, a woman needed a man to survive. Getting and keeping a man to protect and provide meant survival.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My husband loves that I don't have that 'hormone' - no internal clock ticking either. My husband is hot and has a great personality so they all flock to him. It is entertaining and we don't go out much so he works it. He actually got upset once that I didn't get jealous. Jealous of what - dude - I got what they want - they're the ones who should be jealous.