• puttyputty
    puttyputty Posts: 2,993 Member
    ltrav0918 wrote: »
    I’m in!

Welcome, @ltrav0918!
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,812 Member
    edited July 2018
    Welcome to all newbies! It is never too late to join us - even on the last day of a round, there is always another coming.

@schlerin I used to get a small Blizzard, eat some and put it in the freezer. The next day I would eat a few bites to satisfy the need for sweet (bad habit) and put it back. Make it last and savor each bite.

@GrandmaJackie and @tiabirdie56 THANK YOU!

@tiabirdie56 I’m with you on the coffee! DD#1 brews something akin to dishwater. I need a STRONG cuppa! Glad I had the foresight to throw in my packets of Starbucks Via Italian Roast when I packed!

@abowersgirl You may need to not workout every day. Your body needs rest to rebuild. When I went to the gym, I only did every other day and on gym days my length of workout lasted as long as the liter of water I took. I warmed up on the treadmill for 10 minutes, did a circuit on the machines and finished with a 5K on the treadmill or, eventually, on the elliptical.

@sami560 and anyone else with a digital scale that never changes - I read somewhere that digital scales can get “stuck” and if you think this has happened you should have someone significantly lighter or heavier weigh to break the cycle. Don’t know if this is true but it’s worth trying before you run out and buy a new one!

@3DCAKE YAAAAHOOOO! Keep it up!

@mthomas0228 Have Subway as a chopped salad instead of sandwich.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Welcome @Kittu125

@quiltingjaine I usually wouldn't work his hard but I have been out of work the past couple of months and I'm not only scared that if I slow down I will gain but I am also scared I will get depressed if I stop to think about my loss of a job. I'm trying to put my energy and emotion all into exercising and I guess expected some light at the end of the tunnel with my losses. But I know your right, I probably should cool it a bit...i have heard before that too much could have the opposite effect on the body.. thanks