Non fitness related hobbies/interests?

Options
KingHurlbutt
KingHurlbutt Posts: 169 Member
Obviously we all like fitness, or at least have fitness related goals. But sometimes it makes it easier if we connect on more than one level. So let’s talk about hobbies besides fitness related ones...

I am really into photo/video, love dogs and play guitar to name a few.

What are some of your non fitness related interests?

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    interior design. bird watching, times w our dogs and cats. time w my kids - eating talking laughing. flea market fun. travel.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    Fly fishing, hunting, guitars
    Cool! I just bought a new Martin X acoustic.
  • Thatstylistkris13
    Thatstylistkris13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My dog, I need to get back into having a hobby!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I love animals. I own 4 parrots, go on nature walks, etc. I also love to travel.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options

My dog, I need to get back into having a hobby!
    I have 4, it’s quite the hobby 😂
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I love animals. I own 4 parrots, go on nature walks, etc. I also love to travel.
    Wow parrots would be an interesting pet! I love travel also.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I like to write letters to my favorite sitcoms that don't have laugh tracks and try to get them to use laugh tracks. For example, The Simpsons.

I do this with the Office too. I'm hoping they add them to the DVD and re-runs. I even did my own episode once where I dubbed in laugh tracks to see what it would be like.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    My interests are all over the place. I’m a crazy soccer fan, enjoy photography and keep thinking I need to devote some time to improving my skills there, love to travel (mainly road trips because my budget is much poorer than my wanderlust), and I also knit, enjoy Scandinavian film, and am a bit of a genealogy nerd.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    Restoring old furniture, painting, playing guitar.
    Acoustic or electric? Do you sing also?
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I like to write letters to my favorite sitcoms that don't have laugh tracks and try to get them to use laugh tracks. For example, The Simpsons.

I do this with the Office too. I'm hoping they add them to the DVD and re-runs. I even did my own episode once where I dubbed in laugh tracks to see what it would be like.
    Hahah that’s so cool! I love that!

• RM0300
    RM0300 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    carpentry, gardening, landscaping and small tool repair
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    skctilidie wrote: »
    My interests are all over the place. I’m a crazy soccer fan, enjoy photography and keep thinking I need to devote some time to improving my skills there, love to travel (mainly road trips because my budget is much poorer than my wanderlust), and I also knit, enjoy Scandinavian film, and am a bit of a genealogy nerd.
    What a variety! Genealogy fascinates me!

• KingHurlbutt
    Options
    photography, cars, technology, super hero stuff, my dog, eating , travelling
    Nice! Some of my favorites!

• New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I’m creative I’m passionate about all aspects of art design and making things.
    I love music , I listen and sing along but I’m often told to shut up that I can’t sing haha and love dancing, clubbing .
    I used to play lots of instruments but only have guitars in the house now, I used to sketch paint design and make costumes wedding dresses.
    Love travelling too , used to be a dare devil and adrenaline junky but I’ve been reigned in on that too.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Camping...and pretty much anything that gets me outdoors...a lot of which would fall under fitness I suppose. I just like being outside and doing stuff.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options

Archery (3D, target, bowhunting. I shoot both compound and recurve/longbow.)
    Bicycling (Road, MTB)
    Downhill skiing
    Trap/skeet (along with other firearms and hunting)
    Motorcycles (Dirtbike/Motocross, SuperMoto currently. Used to do trackdays on sportbikes)
    Fishing (though, not as much as used to)

I used to be big into computers/games as hobbies. But, prefer to do things away from computer/TV since I work on a computer all day.