Non fitness related hobbies/interests?

Replies

• Sami488
    Sami488 Posts: 149 Member
    Wait I did think of one! I really love event planning. Family and friends always recruit me... apparently not many people like to plan birthday parties or wedding events or graduations....hmm who knew?
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I am a KILLER baker. My banana bread is semi-famous. Also my chocolate pie. For father's day, I perfected the chocolate cupcake. I love to experiment with new recipes. A few years ago, I got a kit with all the fancy tips for frosting, so I've been practicing decorating and made some really cute stuff for birthdays and holidays.

However, sadly, I married a man with no sweet tooth, and he is generally unimpressed with my talents. Also - this particular hobby is incompatible with my fitness goals, so there's a constant struggle.
  • KingHurlbutt
    KingHurlbutt Posts: 169 Member
    I like the scene in Along Came Polly when Ben Stiller is eating spicy Indian food lol

Yeah, Endorphin Rush will definitely make you sweat! And make your heart race if you eat too much of it like I did. :p:D [/quote]

• KingHurlbutt
    Sami488 wrote: »
    Wait I did think of one! I really love event planning. Family and friends always recruit me... apparently not many people like to plan birthday parties or wedding events or graduations....hmm who knew?
    Good events are super important, especially when you shoot photo and video!
  • KingHurlbutt
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    I am a KILLER baker. My banana bread is semi-famous. Also my chocolate pie. For father's day, I perfected the chocolate cupcake. I love to experiment with new recipes. A few years ago, I got a kit with all the fancy tips for frosting, so I've been practicing decorating and made some really cute stuff for birthdays and holidays.

However, sadly, I married a man with no sweet tooth, and he is generally unimpressed with my talents. Also - this particular hobby is incompatible with my fitness goals, so there's a constant struggle.

haha no offense but I've never heard of your banana bread before, so its not THAT famous yet...;) Banana nut muffins are the bomb...but I haven't had one in forever!
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    People watching.. But not like in a stalkerish kinda way. Just like watching people in a coffee shop and listening in on their convos just to see how others live their life.
  • KingHurlbutt
    That is actually one of my favorite things to do!
    People watching.. But not like in a stalkerish kinda way. Just like watching people in a coffee shop and listening in on their convos just to see how others live their life.

• AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Baroque architecture, racquetball and pigeon coops. I'm all over the place, man.

Pigeon coops is an unusual one. Reminds me of an old movie called Batteries Not Included.

That is one of my favorite movies of all time. 😍😍😍😍😍😍
  • KingHurlbutt
    Baroque architecture, racquetball and pigeon coops. I'm all over the place, man.

Pigeon coops is an unusual one. Reminds me of an old movie called Batteries Not Included.

i know right!!?

• AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member

i know right!!?

Omg it’s sooooo good! Now I’m gonna watch it on Netflix.
  • Sweetnsimpleblond
    Sweetnsimpleblond Posts: 43 Member
    My dogs and going to new places or trying new things. Just moved to the east coast a little over a year ago so seeing things we didn’t have on west coast. Swamps, beaches, trails, historic buildings, etc.
    Fantastic adventure! I’ve almost always lived in the west coast. Except now being in OK.

I visited the Okefenokee Swamp today and got to see alligators and black bears in the wild. It was incredibly beautiful. Seeing a 9 foot alligator guarding her nest of eggs with no barrier between you and her is definitely a thing to experience.
  • RockinOilyMomma
    RockinOilyMomma Posts: 38 Member
    Reading, travel. I don’t have much of an attention span lately though. I did manage a couple road trips this summer, despite the crappy budget. I like to watch Friends and documentaries.
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    I love to sing. I take lessons and perform when I can. Plus do some exams and local competitions. In a couple of am dram groups as well.
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Reading and hiking! Oh yeah and smoking the green! Not that that's a hobby but still. Lol. :);)
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    LA weather is the best. I garden too. I have raised beds and fruit trees.
    I do miss it! But now I have a big house and 4 dogs. I never had that in LA.

Yeah it is so expensive here.
    It was worth it though.

I think so. I could not live somewhere with bad weather.

As someone who moved from SoCal to MN, it isn't that bad. Get used to it, and find things to do in the winter. My winter hobbies are shooting archery leagues indoors and downhill skiing. I do ice fishing occasionally as well.

But I can't tolerate anything less than 70. I curl up in a ball and hibernate. Lol

That's cuddling in the winter time comes into play. ;)
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member

i know right!!?

Omg it’s sooooo good! Now I’m gonna watch it on Netflix.

I haven't seen that in a long time...
  • katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    katphi1618 wrote: »
    I have a small farm I supplement my groceries with. It's just an overgrown hobby. :-)

I seriously consider that for the dogs to run around on.

My basset mix loves it. His heart is in hunting rabbits but keeps the hen house and barn free of rats.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Oh wow that is so fantastic! I'd love to experience that!
    My dogs and going to new places or trying new things. Just moved to the east coast a little over a year ago so seeing things we didn’t have on west coast. Swamps, beaches, trails, historic buildings, etc.
    Fantastic adventure! I’ve almost always lived in the west coast. Except now being in OK.

I visited the Okefenokee Swamp today and got to see alligators and black bears in the wild. It was incredibly beautiful. Seeing a 9 foot alligator guarding her nest of eggs with no barrier between you and her is definitely a thing to experience.
  • KingHurlbutt
    marikaCL wrote: »
    I love to sing. I take lessons and perform when I can. Plus do some exams and local competitions. In a couple of am dram groups as well.
    I'm starting to really like sining and I love drama. I am working on a few short films actually. Well, as the director.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I love cooking and baking.
    I will bake a batch of cookies for no reason other than to decorate them.