Non fitness related hobbies/interests?

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Poetry, belly dancing, long walks off short piers..
  • vinovinovino
    vinovinovino Posts: 12 Member
    Art, art history, fashion, gastronomy, music (I play classical piano), meditation, traveling, and my mom’s stubborn elitist dog who would only do tricks for organic peanut butter (she spoils him hard). He’s very cute though.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    So this is a long list:

Hiking
    Camping (you know.. in actual tents and with no A/C)
    Painting
    Drawing
    Knitting
    Crochet
    Baking
    Magic: the Gathering
    Comics
    Anime
    Animation (in general)
    Video Games (specifically RPGs)
    Reading
    Singing
    Collecting Vinyls
    Entomology (study of insects and arachnids)

I'm sure there's more, but those are the main ones, I think.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Hiking with my dog, yoga, cooking, cycling, art fairs, movies, classic novels, comedy
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Mari22na wrote: »
    Seismology. Geology. I study earthquakes, geysers, thermal areas.

LOL I first read that as "Scientology"
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I like wine tasting and also wine drinking. B)

Thoughts on wine swallowing?
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I like wine tasting and also wine drinking. B)

Thoughts on wine swallowing?

Oh honey, huge gulps.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    I enjoy traveling, weird building projects (I made a couple viking helmets and built a loft and a ninja warrior course) and lately I've been back to practicing piano. I'm also half-way through writing a novel.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Dance/Soccer/Music (keys)/ Writing/Reading/ Crocheting annnnddd.. well, I love to sing, but my voice isn't that great.
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    I collect old furniture, I also love to upcycle but only things that are broken or need a lot of tlc, I decoupage as well and am just getting into gardening at the moment. As well as my dogs and organising my kids hobbies and social lives, anything creative I’ll try it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    My work is in the semiconductor design business as an IC layout designer. Presently I am a subcontractor without assignment. My underlying livelihood is in the buying and selling of calendar spreads in my IRA. I say it is underlying because I do it weekly and can live well off it if need be. My oldest and fondest hobby is chess, although I'm not as good as a teenager. My next project is to learn Alpha Zero's favorite openings. The Google machine has effectively pruned 500 years of opening theory.

What else? Well, family and such.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Horses, go figure. Gardening. Thats about it these days.
  • hpurtee1hp
    hpurtee1hp Posts: 42 Member
    I enjoy most anything outdoors. My kids and I have spent most of the summer at the creek behind our house swimming and building forts and sand castles haha. Like another member had mentioned, I also restore old furniture. But my biggest time probably goes to church. Gotta give thanks for all The Big Man has done. 😁Haha
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Too many for the time available!

-Cross stitch, mostly fantasy or halloween designs. Starting to branch out into embroidery and other needlepoint styles.

-Reading: fantasy, some sci-fi, some lite detective (think miss marple, not bourne)

-Video games: JRPG mostly. Play on all consoles. Currently playing Final Fantasy 14, Atelier Sophie & Mysterious book (PS4), Eden (visual novel on steam) and Nancy Drew PC Game. Fave series (that isn't the usual of Mario, Zelda, etc) is either "Tales of ..." or "Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons"
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I'm a Biker, so there's that.
    7hnjil78ffkb.png

I love to cook.
    b7nrknlyz7km.png

Go to a lot of concerts. Love live music. In fact, my wife and I have tickets to 5 Concerts between now and September.

I like to hike. Sounds like it is fitness related, but it's not. I usually grab a couple cigars each evening and head out for a 6 mile hike. Not for fitness' sake. For sanity's sake. Like hitting the reset button after a long day.

Between May and October, I usually spend a long time working in the lawn and garden.
    rks5kkaqckdk.png

Good lord that is some beautifully green grass. Would take cigar and lawn care suggestions from you any day.