Non fitness related hobbies/interests?

Options

Replies

• katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a small farm I supplement my groceries with. It's just an overgrown hobby. :-)
  • KingHurlbutt
    KingHurlbutt Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me! I am everything to do with creativity! I also love music and sing a lot with my guitar, although probably shouldn't hahah.... but its fun. I have a piano and that will be my next project.
    New2ket0 wrote: »
    I’m creative I’m passionate about all aspects of art design and making things.
    I love music , I listen and sing along but I’m often told to shut up that I can’t sing haha and love dancing, clubbing .
    I used to play lots of instruments but only have guitars in the house now, I used to sketch paint design and make costumes wedding dresses.
    Love travelling too , used to be a dare devil and adrenaline junky but I’ve been reigned in on that too.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    Mari22na wrote: »
    Seismology. Geology. I study earthquakes, geysers, thermal areas.

Oh wow thats unusual, very cool!
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    I hear ya, I love the outdoors for sure! Haven't been camping in a while though. I need to. I'm going to get a kayak soon.
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Camping...and pretty much anything that gets me outdoors...a lot of which would fall under fitness I suppose. I just like being outside and doing stuff.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    Archery (3D, target, bowhunting. I shoot both compound and recurve/longbow.)
    Bicycling (Road, MTB)
    Downhill skiing
    Trap/skeet (along with other firearms and hunting)
    Motorcycles (Dirtbike/Motocross, SuperMoto currently. Used to do trackdays on sportbikes)
    Fishing (though, not as much as used to)

I used to be big into computers/games as hobbies. But, prefer to do things away from computer/TV since I work on a computer all day.
    I love games, but I also try and do more things away from the computer, when I'm not editing photo or video. I have a hybrid bike and I'm really starting to love riding.

• KingHurlbutt
    Options
    Edited because I seemed so generic......

I love to sing, all kinds of music. When I go out I drag whoever is with me to Karaoke bars so I can sing in front of an audience. I force my children to have Karaoke contests at home with me, and when I am driving it is literally a concert featuring me. I also love to read, all kinds of books. I can read anything and find interest in it...even the back of a shampoo bottle.

If I could travel I would, all over the place, I also like to sit and day dream. I am pretty imaginative so I often people watch and make up stories about them.

haha I love people watching. Hollywood has the best or actually Venice Beach is the best. I love that you sing so much!
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    kcs76 wrote: »
    I enjoy knitting, spinning, reading, researching genealogy, and spending too much $ on records.

I rarely spend money on music anymore. In fact I used to listen 24-7, but I don't listen to as much as I'd like. I need to change that.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    I recently started building bird houses with old puzzle pieces. I like to think outside the box on recycle, reuse, and reduce.

Wow, how cool is that!!?? I'm about to do a paper mâché sculpture for fun.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Poetry, belly dancing, long walks off short piers..

Be careful on those piers, sounds like a recipe for drowning.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    I like wine tasting and also wine drinking. B)

I've never gotten into wine, I drink too much vodka though sadly.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I like wine tasting and also wine drinking. B)

Thoughts on wine swallowing?
    Don't wine tasters usually spit?
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I'm a Biker, so there's that.
    7hnjil78ffkb.png

I love to cook.
    b7nrknlyz7km.png

Go to a lot of concerts. Love live music. In fact, my wife and I have tickets to 5 Concerts between now and September.

I like to hike. Sounds like it is fitness related, but it's not. I usually grab a couple cigars each evening and head out for a 6 mile hike. Not for fitness' sake. For sanity's sake. Like hitting the reset button after a long day.

Between May and October, I usually spend a long time working in the lawn and garden.
    rks5kkaqckdk.png
    I've always wanted a motorcycle. Haven't had one since I was 16 when I stole 2 of them. Yeah bad decisions.

• KingHurlbutt
    Options
    Spot of gardening during summer, the odd video game (Skyrim or minecraft) shopping for clothes if that is concidered a hobby. Planning trips and travelling when I can.

I would like to do more reading, learn to meditate and possibly play an instrument.
    Sounds like a good life to me! You should pic up a guitar its fun.

• KingHurlbutt
    Options
    emmies_123 wrote: »
    Too many for the time available!

-Cross stitch, mostly fantasy or halloween designs. Starting to branch out into embroidery and other needlepoint styles.

-Reading: fantasy, some sci-fi, some lite detective (think miss marple, not bourne)

-Video games: JRPG mostly. Play on all consoles. Currently playing Final Fantasy 14, Atelier Sophie & Mysterious book (PS4), Eden (visual novel on steam) and Nancy Drew PC Game. Fave series (that isn't the usual of Mario, Zelda, etc) is either "Tales of ..." or "Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons"
    fun! I just bought my first PS4 and am enjoying The Witcher 3 right now.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    katphi1618 wrote: »
    I have a small farm I supplement my groceries with. It's just an overgrown hobby. :-)

I seriously consider that for the dogs to run around on.
  • Josh_From_Louisiana
    Josh_From_Louisiana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My hobbies are hunting, shooting, camping, and hiking. I also enjoy fishing as well. If I am outdoors I am happy!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I'm a Biker, so there's that.
    7hnjil78ffkb.png

I love to cook.
    b7nrknlyz7km.png

Go to a lot of concerts. Love live music. In fact, my wife and I have tickets to 5 Concerts between now and September.

I like to hike. Sounds like it is fitness related, but it's not. I usually grab a couple cigars each evening and head out for a 6 mile hike. Not for fitness' sake. For sanity's sake. Like hitting the reset button after a long day.

Between May and October, I usually spend a long time working in the lawn and garden.
    rks5kkaqckdk.png
    I've always wanted a motorcycle. Haven't had one since I was 16 when I stole 2 of them. Yeah bad decisions.

Well....if you see this one, walk away.

d61zwpzk2ldr.png
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    Art, art history, fashion, gastronomy, music (I play classical piano), meditation, traveling, and my mom’s stubborn elitist dog who would only do tricks for organic peanut butter (she spoils him hard). He’s very cute though.
    Piano is one of my favorite instruments! So beautiful!
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    So this is a long list:

Hiking
    Camping (you know.. in actual tents and with no A/C)
    Painting
    Drawing
    Knitting
    Crochet
    Baking
    Magic: the Gathering
    Comics
    Anime
    Animation (in general)
    Video Games (specifically RPGs)
    Reading
    Singing
    Collecting Vinyls
    Entomology (study of insects and arachnids)

I'm sure there's more, but those are the main ones, I think.
    So many interests! RPGs are my favorite as well. I'm playing the Witcher 3 right now.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    Hiking with my dog, yoga, cooking, cycling, art fairs, movies, classic novels, comedy

Art fairs are so much fun!