Non fitness related hobbies/interests?

Options

Replies

• FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Straight razors, pocket knives, classical guitar, hiking, quoting movies, fountain pens, these are a few of my favorite things.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Travel is my main one. This coming year, I have trips to Cuba, Spain, London, and Hawaii planned.

Would love to get to London someday. Travel is a great hobby.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Travel is my main one. This coming year, I have trips to Cuba, Spain, London, and Hawaii planned.

Dang you are living life right.

Well I am single with no kids right now so I have to try. This year I didnt go anywhere so I am overdue. :)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

Would love to get to London someday. Travel is a great hobby.

Yes it is. London is a cool city. I am mostly going to visit family though. I havnt seen cousins and stuff in 11 years.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Art
    Crafts
    Kayaking
    Krav Maga (That's sorta fitness related, though)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    MMA

Wouldn't that be fitness related lol

Depends on why you do it?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Reading, Baking, Shell hunting, I have knitting loom, maybe I should learn how to use it. Bird watching use to do, quit for a long time, have started back up. Volunteer work with seniors who do not get out.

Loom knitting is awesome! Check YouTube for tutorials.

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Reading, crocheting, watching youtube, drawing, crafting.
    I really want to get in to making props/costume cosplay. Just for fun b/c I love watching videos on it and it just looks so rewarding to create like that.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Reading, crocheting, watching youtube, drawing, crafting.
    I really want to get in to making props/costume cosplay. Just for fun b/c I love watching videos on it and it just looks so rewarding to create like that.

I love the details on some of the cosplay outfits.
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    karent768 wrote: »
    @Nicksmom106 being a Mum really is the best isn’t it!
    I like dancing too just around the lounge - I have zero skills on that front but it’s so much fun.
    My little boy will be 5 months this week and I have been making up stories to tell him. Was thinking maybe try write a kids book but I can’t draw. If I actually do it I might have to hire you for the illustrations!
    I would love to have a dog but we rent and the landlord is against all pets. One day.... *insert wistful face here*

Oh wow! Of course I would be honored...and I'm not great but so far the few illustrations I've done the author liked so fingers crossed hahaha😏

I actually started writing the same way, I always wrote for school papers.etc...but when Nick was little I wanted to create a children's book about a child with autism so that it could help children like my guy make friends more easily when his typical peers would understand why he perhaps had a harder time speaking of why he would make different sounds or movements...is stims, because if children were aware of the reason another was not exactly the same, they would have a better chance of accepting and wanting to help and or get to know a child like mine....different but not less.❤ And that's how it started and now I absolutely love it!

So ya, please pm me anytime and I would love to hear all about your plans! Great meeting you too!!!

Oh one more thing....the only place I shake my thang these days is at.casa di Ali.....my kitchen floor is my new dance floor/stage...and with my.guy with me...it's my fav.one so far! Lol😍👍😘🤗 hugs! Ali
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Anatomy, physiology, medicine, drugs, pharmacology, botany... chemistry...debunking pseudoscience.

Philosophy and psychology.

I read A LOT...I do well at trivia night.

My end game is to when Who Wants to be a Millionaire
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I love makeup, food, fashion, hairstyling but my true passion is numbers and formulas! (Hence why I’m a math and science teacher).
    I also found an interest for cooking for about a year now and I’m getting into skin care a lot more lately too.
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hunting, fishing, going cool and unusual places with my wife, making jerky...and...smoking meats - ribs, fatty's, wings, steaks, prime rib, salmon, turkey, etc.

• Tommy7570
    Tommy7570 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ditto
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    DIY/remodeling/refurbish stuff
    Antiques and auctions
    Technology testing
    Hunting/fishing/off-road
    Travel/explore earth
    Explore space stuff
    History buff
    Foodie/Boozie
    More...
  • cleblanc127
    cleblanc127 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Skiing
    Private pilot
    Hiking
    Kayaking
    And lots of travel
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    - Hunting
    - Fishing
    - Farming
    - Cooking
    - Making/drinking wine
    - Bourbon
    - Hiking
    - Side by siding
    - Spending time on the river
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm retired, it appears that I'm seeing all the episodes of all the Star Trek series. Sick.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    alywei3773 wrote: »
    - Hunting
    - Fishing
    - Farming
    - Cooking
    - Making/drinking wine
    - Bourbon
    - Hiking
    - Side by siding
    - Spending time on the river

I'll go for the fishing, hiking, bourbon, time on the river. Especially if I had to hike to the river to go fishing while I sip on some bourbon.
  • Jay_d2020
    Jay_d2020 Posts: 2,924 Member
    Options
    Playing Guitar and reading (I’m a little boring lol)