Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 48

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,789 Member
    @deepwoodslady, I've made the jalapeno poppers before. They are good, but I have never been a fan of cream cheese by itself. I think if I blend it with one or two different grated hard cheeses and added a lot more spicy heat I would like them more. I also need a hotter, hot pepper! I eat jalapenos all the time and they seem like a sweet pepper to me :lol: I'll have to experiment :smiley:

I always think the same thing when I eat them. The cream cheese is a little "plain". I think maybe I will try mixing some Ranch Powder in it next time. Or maybe some hot sauce into the cream cheese. Thanks for the ideas.

• grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    I was doing some research on keto and how it works. Then I started looking at my diet. I'm completely going in the wrong direction. When I started trying to change my life style a few weeks ago I thought I was doing a good thing by eating Lean Cuisine and other brands like that for lunch. The calories was great and to be honest most of the food is pretty good. Problem is at the end of the day carbs are like 2 thirds of my diet. Sodium is higher than I like as well but still not bad.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm eating better then I usually would but I think it may be time to stop buying the frozen foods that's "healthy" and start making my own. I'm not having any problem with calories now but I seem to have forgotten about everything else that's in the food.
    I dunno. What do you guys think?
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    @mthomas hang in there. One of my sons has OCD and anxiety. Often unable to leave the house, and at other times unable to be in the house. We used to regularly be walking the streets at 2:00am. Getting the right meds and finishing high school have both helped him tremendously. He also had dissociative episodes or fugue state episodes and that hasn't happened for a long time. I hope you are able to get some rest. Sleep deprivation does make life hard. This is the kind of thing that makes me take a WAM day. WAM stands for three things, Wife And Mother, the feeling of being knocked about by life, and Work at Maintenance. I find giving myself an easier day with food and exercise makes it easier no to go wildly off track.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    grebber1 wrote: »
    I was doing some research on keto and how it works. Then I started looking at my diet. I'm completely going in the wrong direction. When I started trying to change my life style a few weeks ago I thought I was doing a good thing by eating Lean Cuisine and other brands like that for lunch. The calories was great and to be honest most of the food is pretty good. Problem is at the end of the day carbs are like 2 thirds of my diet. Sodium is higher than I like as well but still not bad.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm eating better then I usually would but I think it may be time to stop buying the frozen foods that's "healthy" and start making my own. I'm not having any problem with calories now but I seem to have forgotten about everything else that's in the food.
    I dunno. What do you guys think?

Lean cuisine type meals are a great tool. I had one for lunch today! But I try not to rely on them entirely for the exact reasons you stated. I say go ahead and keep a few in the freezer for when you need them, and also start trying out cooking for yourself more!
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    R1: Lost 1.7 (SW 196.8)
    R2: Lost 0.7 (SW 195.1)
    R3: Gained 3.7 (SW 194.4)
    R4: Lost 2.8 (198.1)

SW: 195.3
    GW: 191.0

Plan to reach this goal:
    -NO EATING OUT AT ALL IN THE NEXT 10 DAYS EVEN IF IT'S "HEALTHY"
    -Pre-plan the night before and make sure you have all of your ingredients at home and follow through.
    -Workout at least 3 times a week (Goal of running at least 4 minutes straight at 6.5 mph)

Day/Weight/Comment
    7/27- 195.0- Good start. Let's keep going! No more eating out. I'm going to plan out everything I'm going to eat tomorrow and follow through since I'm the one making food.
    7/28- 194.8- I'm glad it's still going in the right direction. Still doing well. My grandparents are coming over tomorrow and staying for a week so I don't know how that's going to affect this but it shouldn't too much to be honest. We'll see. Still going to stay under. :)
    7/29- 195.0- I drank water before this weigh-in on accident so maybe I'm the same as before? Lol can't be for sure.
    7/30- No weigh in. Unfortunately, I didn't have access to my scale since my grandparents are in my room. I'll go take my scale and take it with me to the basement where I'm staying. I might update with a weigh-in later today but otherwise I will just do it tomorrow.
    7/31- 193.7- Woohoo! Happy about this weigh-in. Make me feel like I can get to 191.0 by the end of the challenge. Also, I think this is an NSV because yesterday I was very tired and needed to study and wanted to get a coffee in order to stay up a little longer but I'm the type that can't drink coffee unless it has milk and has sugar in it so I knew that would add extra calories that I didn't need since I'd already hit my goal. I decided against it even though I was strongly considering it and even told my brother I'd get a coffee. So had no coffee! :) But might get one today since I have my exam tomorrow morning! Please wish me luck!
    8/01
    8/02
    8/03
    8/04
    8/05

Good luck at your exam and good job not getting the coffee!! Coffee is my kryptonite!

Thank you so much! I don't blame you. It's hard without coffee.