Why most dieters get it wrong

Options
Lowering your daily calorie intake makes you think about food. A lot. Thinking about food a lot makes you hungry. And since your body just loves all that fat you’ve been feeding it all those years it now wants to hold onto it, and it is going to resist against your plans. If you fight it, you’re going to lose.

You can’t blame your body though, it doesn’t know you are just trying to shed a few pounds. It might actually believe you’re starving and so tries to protect you from your ignorant self (or in some cases: your ignorant dietician). Your mind knows better, but that one just plays along with your body. It’s a pact. So blame your mind? Maybe, but then again, the poor little thing is just victim to all kinds of bodily processes that are a result of your deficiency: cortisol exhaustion, adrenal fatigue, metabolic imbalance. You name it.

So if you’re not going to win by fighting, what to do? Join it? No. Then what? The answer is simple...

Trick it!

Yup, you heard right. You must trick your body into believing nothing weird is going on. It will make you feel a hell of a lot better too, and the absence of food stress will even boost your results!

Most dieters get it all wrong. They think: the less I’ll eat, the more I’ll lose. Ha! Just read the zillion posts about failure on this forum. “Eating 1200 calories and not losing.” “What am I doing wrong?” “I’m about to give up” “I don’t get it anymore” “How come I’m on this plateau?” And then you’ve got the poor souls who write comments like “Eat less” “Exercise more” “It’s water weight, don’t worry” and my personal favorite: “You’re probably gaining muscle”.

Your own dietician (if you have one) probably belongs to this last group. Start by throwing him and his method overboard and start tricking your body. It has helped me to perfectly keep my weight for years, so something must be right about it. I’m never hungry. I can go to McDonalds, Pizza hut, KFC. I eat ice cream, chocolate, snickers. I refuse to have my body or mind control me, but I control them. Be that devious trickster! You'll be rewarded.

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    You're eating at maintenance and not feeling hungry. Nothing weird is going on. Where's the trick part?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Site your sources ?
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    This post is amazingly devoid of information. It's the like the first chapter of a "secret diet" book. Where's the meat????
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    So, how exactly have you gone about tricking your body into losing weight?

You say you're doing it but you don't say how :huh:
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    is this...is this spam? i just read the whole thing and learned nothing. "Trick your body?" what does that even mean? do you want me to pull a tomato from behind my ear and go "ho ho ho?"
    most dieters go wrong because they diet instead of making a permanent change to their eating behaviors. is making adequate changes, getting enough nutrients and strengthening muscles count as trickery?
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    This post is amazingly devoid of information. It's the like the first chapter of a "secret diet" book. Where's the meat????

mmhmm
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Someone forgot to reveal their magic trick.
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    brace yourselves. i feel a scam coming on...he's going to sell us ninxia wolf acai ferral berries or something. that or this is just a troll.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Uhmmmm you forgot to explain what tricking your body means. I can't even argue with this because you didn't say anything substantial here.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    OP:
    Y U No finish thread?
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    But you eat the same thing everyday, according to your diary. I see no tricks.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    One time I tricked my body in to pooping twice in one day
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I believe in you, OP!
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    And I tricked mine into pooping once a week,definitely not doing that magic trick again.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    OP:
    Y U No finish thread?

Ey Prol Trollinn
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I believe in you, OP!

FTFinW!
  • SAMBALLS1
    SAMBALLS1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you get your info, but you are very incorrect... You can train your body to not be hungry by eating less.(THE DOWNFALL IS YOU GAIN WAIT).. If you change your eating habbits and eat often, ie.. every 3 hrs, you will be hungry sooner than later..... Tricking you body comes from putting the right food in your system... The only thing you could trick you body into would be Keotosis. But that comes with a very strict low carb diet and systematically increasing carbs. The only downfall to this diet (There has yet to be a person to prove Dr. Atkins incorrect - That's why it's still used in every hospital in the U.S. Today!) is the loss of muscle along with fat. The Atkins diet is probably one of the easiest diets to do and you loose extreme amount of weight. Eating correctly and often keeps your body from going into starvation. Loosing weight is easy... The formula easy... garbage in, garbage out... and making the necessary caloric adjustments for any exercise in between. People need to stop setting GOALS. YES I SAID IT....SETTING GOALS ARE STUPID. What happens 90% of the time when you get to a goal....YOU QUIT WHEN YOU ACHIVE IT.. Being healthy is A LIFE STYLE. For those of us who do not have the genetics for it and have to constantly work at it... Being thin for us is a complete life style change.
    Do you know why people gain wait from eating out????? Because of all the **** that the FDA has been feeding us for YEARS....Yes... I said it.. it's not a conspiracy... Its fact! Why is it that in the early 40-50-60's it was healthy to eat bread? Why because MAN had not touched it...and what I mean by touched it is Genentically Engineering it to produce more crop.... Did you people know that the WHEAT plant has about 53 extra chromozones that GOD (or the maker of the heavens and earth is - who ever that person is to you) did not intend for our bodys to process...These are called SYNTHETICS. They are items that are synthesized and are not naturally produced.. for ie... all food that is processed.... canned beans,corn . . . everything. The body is stuck digesting these synthetics CAN NOT process these items efficiently and what happens is you body starts concentrating all its efforts in trying to process that food.. What does that do... Makes you gain weight because it's expensing all it's energy trying to rid of the **** you put into it... Why is it that all athlete or models or fitness guru's eat healthy... Because they know this... If you people really want to loose weight... Stop eating out and start making your own meals from food that you get from farmers markets ect... you want food that doesn't have all the junk in it... If you just changed that. . . .. .JUST YOUR FOOD.... you will loose weight... YOU DONT HAVE TO WORK OUT TO LOOSE WEIGHT...YES I SAID IT....all trainers try to do is make $$$$$$ off us by feeding us **** about how important working out is... IT'S BULL****.... YES I SAID IT BULL****! the real formula for having the model phsyique and being cut is 90% DIET 10% EXCERSIZE!.......

I invite any educated challege to disprove post..

Sam
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you get your info, but you are very incorrect... You can train your body to not be hungry by eating less.(THE DOWNFALL IS YOU GAIN WAIT).. If you change your eating habbits and eat often, ie.. every 3 hrs, you will be hungry sooner than later..... Tricking you body comes from putting the right food in your system... The only thing you could trick you body into would be Keotosis. But that comes with a very strict low car diet and systematically increasing carbs. The only downfall to this diet (There has yet to be a person to prove Dr. Atkins incorrect - That's why it's still used in every hospital in the U.S. Today!) is the loss of muscle along with fat. The Atkins diet is probably one of the easiest diets to do and you loose extreme amount of weight. Eating correctly and often keeps your body from going into starvation. Loosing weight is easy... The formula easy... garbage in, garbage out... and making the necessary caloric adjustments for any exercise in between. People need to stop setting GOALS. YES I SAID IT....SETTING GOALS ARE STUPID. What happens 90% of the time when you get to a goal....YOU QUIT WHEN YOU ACHIVE IT.. Being healthy is A LIFE STYLE. For those of us who do not have the genetics for it and have to constantly work at it... Being thin for us is a complete life style change.
    Do you know why people gain wait from eating out????? Because of all the **** that the FDA has been feeding us for YEARS....Yes... I said it.. it's not a conspiracy... Its fact! Why is it that in the early 40-50-60's it was healthy to eat bread? Why because MAN had not touched it...and what I mean by touched it is Genentically Engineering it to produce more crop.... Did you people know that the WHEAT plant has about 53 extra chromozones that GOD (or the maker of the heavens and earth is - who ever that person is to you) did not intend for our bodys to process...These are called SYNTHETICS. They are items that are synthesized and are not naturally produced.. for ie... all food that is processed.... canned beans,corn . . . everything. The body up digesting these synthetics CAN NOT process these items efficiently and what happens is you body starts concentrating all its efforts in trying to process that food.. What does that do... Makes you gain weight because it's expensing all it's energy trying to rid of the **** you put into it... Why is it that all athlete or models or fitness guru's eat healthy... Because they know this... If you people really want to loose weight... Stop eating out and start making your own meals from food that you get from farmers markets ect... you want food that doesn't have all the junk in it... If you just changed that. . . .. .JUST YOUR FOOD.... you will loose weight... YOU DONT HAVE TO WORK OUT TO LOOSE WEIGHT...YES I SAID IT....all trainers try to do is make $$$$$$ off us by feeding us **** about how important working out is... IT'S BULL****.... YES I SAID IT BULL****! the real formula for having the model phsyique and being cut is 90% DIET 10% EXCERSIZE!.......

I invited any educated challege to disprove post..

Sam

aliens-meme.jpg
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    I don't know where you get your info, but you are very incorrect... You can train your body to not be hungry by eating less.(THE DOWNFALL IS YOU GAIN WEIGHT).. If you change your eating habits and eat often, ie.. every 3 hrs, you will be hungry sooner than later..... Tricking you body comes from putting the right food in your system... The only thing you could trick you body into would be Keotosis. But that comes with a very strict low car diet and systematically increasing carbs. The only downfall to this diet (There has yet to be a person to prove Dr. Atkins incorrect - That's why it's still used in every hospital in the U.S. Today!) is the loss of muscle along with fat. The Atkins diet is probably one of the easiest diets to do and you loose extreme amount of weight. Eating correctly and often keeps your body from going into starvation. Loosing weight is easy... The formula easy... garbage in, garbage out... and making the necessary caloric adjustments for any exercise in between. People need to stop setting GOALS. YES I SAID IT....SETTING GOALS ARE STUPID. What happens 90% of the time when you get to a goal....YOU QUIT WHEN YOU ACHIEVE IT.. Being healthy is A LIFE STYLE. For those of us who do not have the genetics for it and have to constantly work at it... Being thin for us is a complete life style change.
    Do you know why people gain wait from eating out????? Because of all the **** that the FDA has been feeding us for YEARS....Yes... I said it.. it's not a conspiracy... Its fact! Why is it that in the early 40-50-60's it was healthy to eat bread? Why because MAN had not touched it...and what I mean by touched it is Genetically Engineering it to produce more crop.... Did you people know that the WHEAT plant has about 53 extra chromosomes that GOD (or the maker of the heavens and earth is - who ever that person is to you) did not intend for our body's to process...These are called SYNTHETICS. They are items that are synthesized and are not naturally produced.. for ie... all food that is processed.... canned beans,corn . . . everything. The body up digesting these synthetics CAN NOT process these items efficiently and what happens is you body starts concentrating all its efforts in trying to process that food.. What does that do... Makes you gain weight because it's expending all it's energy trying to rid of the **** you put into it... Why is it that all athlete or models or fitness guru's eat healthy... Because they know this... If you people really want to loose weight... Stop eating out and start making your own meals from food that you get from farmers markets etc... you want food that doesn't have all the junk in it... If you just changed that. . . .. .JUST YOUR FOOD.... you will loose weight... YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORK OUT TO LOOSE WEIGHT...YES I SAID IT....all trainers try to do is make $$$$$$ off us by feeding us **** about how important working out is... IT'S BULL****.... YES I SAID IT BULL****! the real formula for having the model physique and being cut is 90% DIET 10% EXCESSIVE!.......

I invited any educated challenge to disprove post..

Sam

aliens-meme.jpg

I fixed most of your grammar errors. I understand your frustration but please CALM DOWN before you start typing, or you'll look stupid.