PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    So I googled "crazy parfait" for the shiggles. First picture:

%252435+Crazy+Big+Parfait.jpg

You're welcome.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    So the trick is 100 grams difference in chicken? Serious question.
    No, this is just an example. The 'trick' is to change one thing that you control and that your body is not noticing.

Let me share some assumptions:

1. the main factor of weight loss/gain is food. Not cardio, not lifting, not sex.
    2. everybody has a standard of maintenance.
    3. changing this standard has an effect on your weight.
    4. your body tries to adapt to the change so that the change becomes the new standard
    5. by eating more if we gain and eating less if we lose we fool our body and thus be in control

Example:

Eat less - lose
    Eat less - lose
    Eat less - lose
    Eat less - plateau
    Eat more - gain
    Eat more - gain
    Eat more - plateau
    Eat more - lose
    Eat less - lose even more
    Eat less - lose
    etc.

It's like talking 3 steps forward and taking 2 back, or once in a while taking 4 back. Yes it's slow but it's progressively effective. As long as YOU know what you change, and your body doesn't.

The above requires a lot of thinking about your food which flies in the face of the third sentence of your OP.
    Lowering your daily calorie intake makes you think about food. A lot. Thinking about food a lot makes you hungry.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options

You're welcome.

omg that looks so good! lol
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Someone forgot to reveal their magic trick.

Maybe this is the magic trick, as someone suggested:
    "Trick your body?" what does that even mean? do you want me to pull a tomato from behind my ear and go "ho ho ho?"
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Not thinking about food all the time led to me getting fat.

Logging and thinking about food has led to me getting less fat.

OPs point is not applicable in my case, at all. I'm thinking I'm not a special snowflake on this issue.

THIS!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options

You're welcome.

:love:

I'm in love.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm still confused.

Can someone explain to me what the OP's "secret" is? All I'm getting is chicken curry and a 30 minute walk...

Every day for the rest of your life.
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

You're welcome.

I want :love: :heart:
  • saschka7
    Options
    This thread gave me a migraine.

Me too. :laugh:
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Here's the science:

weight_1.jpg?async&0.9041326625738293

Oh I get it. You're eating below your maintenance calories so you're losing weight.

Awesome.
    No, I'm eating averagely above it. Look, I once dated 4 girls at the same time and none of them believed me either. One of them had bad eye sight and one had problems with reading graphs… but what they all had in common was the pre-assumption that I HAD to be wrong. Well, turned out that they actually were only one girl with MPD, so I stopped bothering to debate all together.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

You're welcome.

And I wanna slam my face into this. Please bring to Hawaii asap, thanks.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    So the trick is 100 grams difference in chicken? Serious question.
    No, this is just an example. The 'trick' is to change one thing that you control and that your body is not noticing.

Let me share some assumptions:

1. the main factor of weight loss/gain is food. Not cardio, not lifting, not sex.
    2. everybody has a standard of maintenance.
    3. changing this standard has an effect on your weight.
    4. your body tries to adapt to the change so that the change becomes the new standard
    5. by eating more if we gain and eating less if we lose we fool our body and thus be in control

Example:

Eat less - lose
    Eat less - lose
    Eat less - lose
    Eat less - plateau
    Eat more - gain
    Eat more - gain
    Eat more - plateau
    Eat more - lose
    Eat less - lose even more
    Eat less - lose
    etc.

It's like talking 3 steps forward and taking 2 back, or once in a while taking 4 back. Yes it's slow but it's progressively effective. As long as YOU know what you change, and your body doesn't.

Ohhhhhhh.

Why didn't you just say that to begin with?

Wasted my limited mental energy on chicken curry and crazy parfaits. (Which will be tomorrow's dinner, no doubt!)

Ditto.

I don't mean to be mean, OP- but I really had a hard time understanding your point behind the presentation.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Reading all this makes me want to get drunk.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Here's the science:

Oh I get it. You're eating below your maintenance calories so you're losing weight.

Awesome.
    No, I'm eating averagely above it. Look, I once dated 4 girls at the same time and none of them believed me either. One of them had bad eye sight and one had problems with reading graphs… but what they all had in common was the pre-assumption that I HAD to be wrong. Well, turned out that they actually were only one girl with MPD, so I stopped bothering to debate all together.

...okay, migraine just came back.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    My body has been listening as my brain read this entire post. Now I can not experience the magic. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Here's the science:

Awesome.

hmmm....you use yourself as an example of science, use off the wall examples, use off the wall graphs....you remind me of someone......have you been sick with an unidentified illness lately?
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    This thread gave me a migraine.

Me too. :laugh:

I already had a migraine, and this made it worse :tongue:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Here's the science:

Awesome.

Ummmmm wut? This just took a whole new route of crazy
  • saschka7
    Options

You're welcome.

Is it me, or does every item in those parfaits looks as if it were made of plastic? That doesn't even look like real food! :noway: