xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    OP:
    Y U No finish thread?

THIS
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    If I hold onto the wall while weighing on the scale, I weigh less.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I always thought the 'trick' to losing weight was to create a caloric deficit.

Nothing special here.

yuri_gagarin-meme-generator-let-s-go-home-nothing-to-see-here-b0ecd4.jpg?1359772649.jpg
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Still waiting for an EDUCATED response.. not childish throwbacks..lol..
    The earth is flat and square and we are the center of the universe... this goes out to mrs Unicorn!
    I invited an educated response...

Says the person who cannot type out a coherant sentence.

For the love of god...you reply at the BOTTOM of a quote!

Like, are you new to the internet?

In response to the OP: lolwut.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Here's the science:

weight_1.jpg?async&0.9041326625738293

Oh I get it. You're eating below your maintenance calories so you're losing weight.

Awesome.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the lawls guise.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Here's the science:

weight_1.jpg?async&0.9041326625738293

Oh I get it. You're eating below your maintenance calories so you're losing weight.

Awesome.

:laugh:!!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If I hold onto the wall while weighing on the scale, I weigh less.

/endthread
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    This thread has multiple layers of crazy, like a crazy parfait.

If you eat crazy parfait every day, your body gets used to it and you lose weight.

The voices in my head told me so.

Oh good, finally a post that makes sense!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    The earth is flat and square and we are the center of the universe... this goes out to mrs Unicorn!
    I invited an educated response...

You get that this isn't your thread right?

You've hijacked someone else's thread. Start your own baffling thread if you would like responses. :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    What the what?
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    This thread has multiple layers of crazy, like a crazy parfait.

Everybody loves parfait!

(I however, had to google parfait when I first watched the film.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Site your sources ?

Why would I need sources when it works over a vey long period? Boy, you sound like FBI director Mearing from Transformers III who just thinks about paperwork in a crisis!

How this works is not rocket science. It’s logic and based on personal, empirical data -experience. And it’s backed up from here all the way to Washington DC! If you don’t believe me, I’m willing to do a lie-detector test!

Maybe you’re cravin for an example. Let’s have one. Suppose you eat chicken curry every day for supper. I do. I love it. I know what you’re thinking, eating the same every day is boring. My wife agrees with you and she’s gaining. I’m not. And who cares when the food is delicious! Eating the same meals everyday has another advantage. After a while, you know exactly what effect the amount of ingredients has on your body. If you eat different meals every day, you don’t know what to blame if you discover that you have gained a pound.

Now, let’s say you’ve been throwing 500 grams of chicken in your daily supper, 150 mm of coconut milk (the full one, trimmed coconut milk just gives you diarrhea), 2 spoons of olive oil, some vegetables and half a packet of curry sauce. The food is so delicious that when you finish you still can eat more, so you have an ice cream after.
    You now feel energized! so you go out for a 30 minute walk. When you come back you do some stuff on the computer.

Okay, this has made you gain a pound. So what do you do tomorrow? Just eat vegetables? No! You eat 400 grams chicken. Your body’s not going to know the difference. For the rest you eat like yesterday: 150 mm of coconut milk, a sauce with a different flavor for some variation, 2 spoons of olive oil and, oh heck, some other vegetables (oh, those veggies they’re all the same, it doesn’t matter what kind you pick it will hardly have any effect on your weight!) and an ice cream after. You go out for a 30 minute walk and surf the net for celebrities who are even fatter than you!

Next morning the scale tells you you gained 400 grams. You panic!

No, I’m just kidding, you never panic. You actually now are on the right track. You lost 100 grams less than yesterday! Victory! To celebrate that, you go back to eating 500 grams of chicken tomorrow night, and your body will thank you for it so that the next morning your scale says that you lost 500 grams and you’re back at my starting weight. No kidding, it works just like that. Now put in some extra potatoes and walk an hour instead of 30 minutes, I’m sure the weight comes of even more. But you don’t want that, otherwise you’ll end up looking scrawny. Come on, you’re a man. Or a woman with curves!

images_zps3500389b.jpeg
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    So ... To sum up... OP is saying eat the same things everyday and some days eat less. Your body will "think" it's eating the same food? Huh? So if I eat 1600 calories a day of the same food if some days I eat 1500 my body is tricked? My brain is cramping.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    So the trick is 100 grams difference in chicken? Serious question.
    No, this is just an example. The 'trick' is to change one thing that you control and that your body is not noticing.

Let me share some assumptions:

1. the main factor of weight loss/gain is food. Not cardio, not lifting, not sex.
    2. everybody has a standard of maintenance.
    3. changing this standard has an effect on your weight.
    4. your body tries to adapt to the change so that the change becomes the new standard
    5. by eating more if we gain and eating less if we lose we fool our body and thus be in control

Example:

Eat less - lose
    Eat less - lose
    Eat less - lose
    Eat less - plateau
    Eat more - gain
    Eat more - gain
    Eat more - plateau
    Eat more - lose
    Eat less - lose even more
    Eat less - lose
    etc.

It's like talking 3 steps forward and taking 2 back, or once in a while taking 4 back. Yes it's slow but it's progressively effective. As long as YOU know what you change, and your body doesn't.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    What I imagine happening if OP tried real science.

ScienceExperiments_zps6937fba7.jpg
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    One time I tricked my body in to pooping twice in one day

Got ya beat, I tricked mine into THREE in one day!!!! :laugh:

I think the OP has you beat. He seems to have a constant stream coming out of him 24 hours a day.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    No, this is just an example. The 'trick' is to change one thing that you control and that your body is not noticing.

1. the main factor of weight loss/gain is food. Not cardio, not lifting, not sex.
    4. your body tries to adapt to the change so that the change becomes the new standard
    5. by eating more if we gain and eating less if we lose we fool our body and thus be in control

Example:

Eat less - lose
    Eat less - lose
    Eat less - lose
    Eat less - plateau
    Eat more - gain
    Eat more - gain
    Eat more - plateau
    Eat more - lose
    Eat less - lose
    etc.

It's like talking 3 steps forward and taking 2 back, or once in a while taking 4 back. Yes it's slow but it's progressively effective. As long as YOU know what you change, and your body doesn't.

Ohhhhhhh.

Why didn't you just say that to begin with?

Wasted my limited mental energy on chicken curry and crazy parfaits. (Which will be tomorrow's dinner, no doubt!)
  • curtissoph
    curtissoph Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Dear god, I'm not sure what was worse in this thread... the loopy chicken curry diet advice, the guy who kept inviting 'only educated responses' and yet managed to include incorrect grammar/spelling in EVERY SINGLE COMMENT he made, or the chick who thought that the only way to weigh stuff is in lbs. Welcome to the metric system, love.

Faith in humanity=lost.
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options

Example:

Eat less - lose
    Eat less - lose
    Eat less - lose
    Eat less - plateau
    Eat more - gain
    Eat more - gain
    Eat more - plateau
    Eat more - lose
    Eat less - lose
    etc.

Ah! Yes we all know about this. It's called eat more to weigh less.