Why most dieters get it wrong

Options
14567810»

Replies

• rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    does it matter what type of curry sauce you get??
    No. Whether you take Vindaloo, Madras, Rogan Josh, Nonya, Green, Red or Pink, they're all good and contribute minimally to the effect you're trying to achieve, albeit that he magical ingredient - that's why I took curry as an example - is cumin, which has tons of advantages for your health! I've once wrote about that in another thread.
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    are you the Grizz? you say stuff like the Grizz. do you study English in college, but don't like lit criticism? girlfriends go missing mysteriously?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    does it matter what type of curry sauce you get??
    No. Whether you take Vindaloo, Madras, Rogan Josh, Nonya, Green, Red or Pink, they're all good and contribute minimally to the effect you're trying to achieve, albeit that he magical ingredient - that's why I took curry as an example - is cumin, which has tons of advantages for your health! I've once wrote about that in another thread.

i'm not cumin into anything i'm going to eat.
  • Bridgetthegre
    Bridgetthegre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

It'd be like gluing some carrot sticks to your hamburger and expecting your body to be confused into only using the calories from the vegetables.
    [/quote]

I'm going to try this. It'd work just about as well as most advice on here. But instead of a hamburger, I'm gluing my carrot sticks to cheesecake.
  • alastria
    alastria Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No, she means grams. Not pounds. Honestly, people who use grams to weigh body weight are just ridiculous. Using grams, pound and kilograms is completely fine - but I think people should use the units appropriately depending on what the item to be weighed is.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Lowering your daily calorie intake makes you think about food. A lot. Thinking about food a lot makes you hungry. And since your body just loves all that fat you’ve been feeding it all those years it now wants to hold onto it, and it is going to resist against your plans. If you fight it, you’re going to lose.

You can’t blame your body though, it doesn’t know you are just trying to shed a few pounds. It might actually believe you’re starving and so tries to protect you from your ignorant self (or in some cases: your ignorant dietician). Your mind knows better, but that one just plays along with your body. It’s a pact. So blame your mind? Maybe, but then again, the poor little thing is just victim to all kinds of bodily processes that are a result of your deficiency: cortisol exhaustion, adrenal fatigue, metabolic imbalance. You name it.

So if you’re not going to win by fighting, what to do? Join it? No. Then what? The answer is simple...

Trick it!

Yup, you heard right. You must trick your body into believing nothing weird is going on. It will make you feel a hell of a lot better too, and the absence of food stress will even boost your results!

Most dieters get it all wrong. They think: the less I’ll eat, the more I’ll lose. Ha! Just read the zillion posts about failure on this forum. “Eating 1200 calories and not losing.” “What am I doing wrong?” “I’m about to give up” “I don’t get it anymore” “How come I’m on this plateau?” And then you’ve got the poor souls who write comments like “Eat less” “Exercise more” “It’s water weight, don’t worry” and my personal favorite: “You’re probably gaining muscle”.

Your own dietician (if you have one) probably belongs to this last group. Start by throwing him and his method overboard and start tricking your body. It has helped me to perfectly keep my weight for years, so something must be right about it. I’m never hungry. I can go to McDonalds, Pizza hut, KFC. I eat ice cream, chocolate, snickers. I refuse to have my body or mind control me, but I control them. Be that devious trickster! You'll be rewarded.

You speak as though your and your body are separate entities.

Your brain knows what you are thinking, your brain controls what your body does.

Regarding the "zillion" posts on this forum about 1200 dieters not losing, that is an exaggeration on the amount however, you also do not see the many, many other members who HAVE and DO lose on such amounts - they quite simply just do not post. End of.

If you want to eat all that junk, feel free, but is it because you are trying to control your body or is it because subconsciously, it is controlling you, the subconscious is a very powerful thing and if it is a contest between your conscious and your subconscious, the subconscious will ALWAYS win, without fail.

You are at maintenance. Different thing entirely from trying to lose weight.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    drugs.jpg
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    No, she means grams. Not pounds. Honestly, people who use grams to weigh body weight are just ridiculous. Using grams, pound and kilograms is completely fine - but I think people should use the units appropriately depending on what the item to be weighed is.
    Somehow 100 kg indeed does sound better than 100.000 gram (or 100,000 for those who use comma where we use points). I think I'd start hating my scale pretty soon if it would blast that hundredthousand number at me every morning. Eww.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm still confused.

Can someone explain to me what the OP's "secret" is? All I'm getting is chicken curry and a 30 minute walk...

Every day for the rest of your life.

e1aff38f-df1b-4fad-a4fa-7d04570d3754_zps0665a4c8.jpg

The sweat must smell like roses.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    This is possibly the weirdest troll thread I've ever read. Interesting modus operandi:

Confuse by saying too little, then by making no sense, then by showing an obvious graph, then absolute nonsense about nothing making the trolling stunningly obvious.

And I read it all!
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    This seems like an interesting thread. Bump for later.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    take-my-money.gif
  • jardin12
    jardin12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    you all just make me laugh and laugh - you guys are the cleverest! no-one can pull the wool over the eyes of a long term MFP - er!! xx keep seeing through the crap!
  • rogerbosch
    Options

Your brain knows what you are thinking, your brain controls what your body does.

Regarding the "zillion" posts on this forum about 1200 dieters not losing, that is an exaggeration on the amount however, you also do not see the many, many other members who HAVE and DO lose on such amounts - they quite simply just do not post. End of.

If you want to eat all that junk, feel free, but is it because you are trying to control your body or is it because subconsciously, it is controlling you, the subconscious is a very powerful thing and if it is a contest between your conscious and your subconscious, the subconscious will ALWAYS win, without fail.

Read up on Deepak Chopra lady. It's a guy, I learned today.
    And maintenance requires control, so does intended weight loss. It's based on the same method.
  • rogerbosch
    Options
    Where all this hollering about grams and pounds comes from… O wait I remember, I gave the example of eating 400 grams chicken, then dony elle monique and x3 (neither one is my ex god forbid) said you probably mean lbs and I responded that at 400 lbs of chicken I'd probably lay eggs on which something incomprehensible followed.
    I do apologize if you feel you have wasted your time by reading the whole thread though. At least it's free unlike some books about diets that WON'T help you on your way. And if you disagreed, well, you've probably enjoyed other guys', blondes' and not-so-hot ladies' comments - some of which were even useful! (like the one that said Deepak Chopra is actually a guy!)
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options

Read up on Deepak Chopra lady. It's a guy, I learned today.
    And maintenance requires control, so does intended weight loss. It's based on the same method.

Everything requires control when it comes to losing, maintaining or indeed, putting on weight deliberately.

Deepak Chopra? why should I read up on that? I am not having problems losing weight, not doing it the way the OP says though, that would just be silly :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I waded through this whole thing. I must have burned quite a few brain cells if not calories.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for not realizing this was a trollthread earlier.

In my defense, however, I've read crazier, more non-sensible shtuff from people who were 100% serious at the time. My faith in humanity is sort of at an all-time low. ;)