Why most dieters get it wrong

Options

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Yeah, I'm still confused.

Can someone explain to me what the OP's "secret" is? All I'm getting is chicken curry and a 30 minute walk...

Every day for the rest of your life.

e1aff38f-df1b-4fad-a4fa-7d04570d3754_zps0665a4c8.jpg

I CANNOT stop giggling at this!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    b93.gif
    dafuq did I just read?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was all worth reading for that gif :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I feel I'm obligated to help the less fortunate so let me share a story…

I had a neighbor once who ate differently every day, three times a day. He kept changing it so much that his habit became a routine in itself. One day he confided to me that he could never eat a same meal because otherwise his life would be even more boring! So I suggested he take a break from his dull existence. And so he moved to Thailand!

And the food? Everyday Khao Neow Moo Ping he wrote in his last email. He did not further explain what that is, too focused and busy with his new life filled with all kinds of beauties - both women AND men!

Now, would this guy have doubted my advice? He still would be the fat bore from next door he was three years ago. Never question my food again!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    b93.gif
    dafuq did I just read?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was all worth reading for that gif :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

yes:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm still confused.

Can someone explain to me what the OP's "secret" is? All I'm getting is chicken curry and a 30 minute walk...

e1aff38f-df1b-4fad-a4fa-7d04570d3754_zps0665a4c8.jpg

I CANNOT stop giggling at this!

in my brain they sound lie echoes hey what happened to my pic? UH OH? does this mean what I think it means?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

I had a neighbor once who ate differently every day, three times a day. He kept changing it so much that his habit became a routine in itself. One day he confided to me that he could never eat a same meal because otherwise his life would be even more boring! So I suggested he take a break from his dull existence. And so he moved to Thailand!

And the food? Everyday Khao Neow Moo Ping he wrote in his last email. He did not further explain what that is, too focused and busy with his new life filled with all kinds of beauties - both women AND men!

Now, would this guy have doubted my advice? He still would be the fat bore from next door he was three years ago. Never question my food again!

You're a weirdo. I kinda like that.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I believe in you, OP!

STAHP. I'm dying.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options

facepalm.png
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    This thread has multiple layers of crazy, like a crazy parfait.

With a side of word salad. And a bonus thread jacking.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    yanno what?
    nevermind.
  • rogerbosch
    Options

You're a weirdo. I kinda like that.
    You guys are keeping me busy, I can't concentrate on my new book (How To Become a Better PUA)… Can someone please stop commenting?!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    yanno what?
    nevermind.

My sentiments exactly! :happy:
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    This morning my 12 week Challenge meal plan said Muesli and Protein Powder with yoghurt.

Hmmm... didn't really appeal to me.

So I had toast with ham, eggs and baby spinach instead. My body said thank you and so I think the trick worked.

No rabbit in a hat required. I must be getting good at this.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    So I googled "crazy parfait" for the shiggles. First picture:

%252435+Crazy+Big+Parfait.jpg

You're welcome.

Is it me, or does every item in those parfaits looks as if it were made of plastic? That doesn't even look like real food! :noway:

Looks like plastic to me as well.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    HUH? I am still confused and......

doctordisapproves.gif
  • rogerbosch
    Options
    This morning my 12 week Challenge meal plan said Muesli and Protein Powder with yoghurt.

Hmmm... didn't really appeal to me.

So I had toast with ham, eggs and baby spinach instead. My body said thank you and so I think the trick worked.

No rabbit in a hat required. I must be getting good at this.
    It's not about magic at all, I don't get why people are raving about magicians and hats and rabbits (I talked about chicken by the way, not any other animals)…
    Magicians trick an audience, I am merely talking about tricking your body which is much easier and does not require special skills!

Just try this for once: stand in the front of a mirror and tell yourself that you are in control. YOU, not your body, not your mind. Have you ever done this? Well, I have. And you know what I noticed? That I had forgotten to shave and that that didn't look all too bad on me.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is the best executed troll thread I have EVER seen. 7 pages in and not one person has cried troll. Great work, OP.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is the best executed troll thread I have EVER seen. 7 pages in and not one person has cried troll. Great work, OP.

I did actually
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

I did actually

Sorry, must have missed it crying from laughter. this is golden.
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    So the trick is 100 grams difference in chicken? Serious question.
    No, this is just an example. The 'trick' is to change one thing that you control and that your body is not noticing.

Let me share some assumptions:

1. the main factor of weight loss/gain is food. Not cardio, not lifting, not sex.
    2. everybody has a standard of maintenance.
    3. changing this standard has an effect on your weight.
    4. your body tries to adapt to the change so that the change becomes the new standard
    5. by eating more if we gain and eating less if we lose we fool our body and thus be in control

Example:

Eat less - lose
    Eat less - lose
    Eat less - lose
    Eat less - plateau
    Eat more - gain
    Eat more - gain
    Eat more - plateau
    Eat more - lose
    Eat less - lose even more
    Eat less - lose
    etc.

It's like talking 3 steps forward and taking 2 back, or once in a while taking 4 back. Yes it's slow but it's progressively effective. As long as YOU know what you change, and your body doesn't.

You realize that the body recognizes and utilizes food through a series of complex biochemical signals and hormone changes and not by a cognitive function, right? You can't "fool" your body into not utilizing all of the calories you consume when scarfing a whole pizza by saying to your stomach "now listen body, this is really only the one piece. Got it? It's just the one piece, I swear." It'd be like gluing some carrot sticks to your hamburger and expecting your body to be confused into only using the calories from the vegetables.