For some of those who responded to "super serious question"

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Oh good, because we were all wondering....

Anyway, this right here is the problem. It contradicts what you said in the prior part of your post about wanting to lose weight to be healthy.
    I began to wonder if my ideal weight was worth the loose skin.

You're still acting like you'd rather be fat and unhealthy than an appropriate weight, healthy, and have loose skin.
    So I really don't feel like any new information has been divulged with this post....
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    So essentially this redundant post is a cry for attention?

nope, just making sure all of the butt holes who were jerks read this. . .

if you do not like the post, do not respond.

You didn't like people's posts and created a whole new thread about it. :laugh:
  • rkasper22
    rkasper22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i've lost and gained and lost and gained, and my skin has always bounced back, thank God! i'm 23 and have gained and lost 70 pounds in the last 5 years. you can do this!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

seems legit
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ive gone from 235 to 173 and I don't have loose skin. I lost very slowly - over 2 years and not exactly consistently. Hope this helps.
  • royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

because its MY thread, so i can do that. . .

Kind of like if i came to your house and didn't like what you said or did, if i don't like it, then leave. simple as that. Its YOUR house. . . so you can do what ever you want. this is my thread, and i will do what ever i want!
  • whierd
    Options
    Edit: Not worth it to give the drama being sought.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I would be more concerned about your added risks during pregnancy. If you plan to have kids, now might be a good time to lower your BMI.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy-and-obesity/MY01943
  • Skyebella27
    Options
    I'm starting at 286, 5'2", and 27 years old. I'm probably going to have loose skin on my thighs, arms, and stomach because I need to lose about 150 pounds. BUT, I don't want to die at an early age (and my husband wouldn't want that either), so I'm going to lose weight and live with my loose skin :-)

I'm going to try and use lots of lotion, I'm drinking tons of water, I'm lifting and toning, and not going crazy with the weight loss (1-2 pounds a week is what I'm aiming for). I'm sure that I won't love the loose skin, but I'm sure that I'll love my health more. But who knows, maybe I'll be lucky and it won't be too bad!

Good luck to you on your journey :)
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    I don't know what people have said but honestly, if you want to embrace your weight as is, go for it, regardless of what people say. I know some happily overweight people and they have zero issues with how others think they look. On the other hand, I see you're on your journey to lose weight and that's good too... and from the pics, I would think that the loose skin might not be that bad of an issue as you don't seem to be sagging already. Definitely go slow on the weight loss and keep up with exercises and I'm sure you'll be fine!
  • royalty819
    Options
    I would be more concerned about your added risks during pregnancy. If you plan to have kids, now might be a good time to lower your BMI.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy-and-obesity/MY01943

no more kids for me...lol...for now...but what you said is so true
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You may or may not have loose skin, only time will tell. I'd be more concerned with how you are going about losing the weight than what you'll look like after.
  • royalty819
    Options
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

just stay off of my threads. . . jesus christ!

You do realize that this is a public internet forum? Also that posting a message addressed to people who were "butt holes" to you in the original really is encouraging them to respond? Just to be clear.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Get over it. Go home.
    /thread
  • whierd
    Options

just stay off of my threads. . . jesus christ!

You do realize that this is a public internet forum? Also that posting a message addressed to people who were "butt holes" to you in the original really is encouraging them to respond? Just to be clear.

I understand that, and honestly, i wasn't rude to anyone (until they got rude with me of course) and i don't care how public this forum is, there is no need to be a di_ck (NOT REFERRING TO YOU)

No one was being rude in your original thread until you started getting upset.
  • royalty819
    Options
    Get over it. Go home.
    /thread

I am home? :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.