For some of those who responded to "super serious question"

Options

Replies

• royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Edit: Not worth it to give the drama being sought.

just stay off of my threads. . . jesus christ!

You do realize that this is a public internet forum? Also that posting a message addressed to people who were "butt holes" to you in the original really is encouraging them to respond? Just to be clear.

I understand that, and honestly, i wasn't rude to anyone (until they got rude with me of course) and i don't care how public this forum is, there is no need to be a di_ck (NOT REFERRING TO YOU)

No one was being rude in your original thread until you started getting upset.

or so you feel. . .you said my post was "redundant" and a cry for attention. . .

i just wanted the posters from the ORIGINAL THREAD to understand why i was concerned about the loose skin, and let them see where i was coming from. . .
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

You do realize that this is a public internet forum? Also that posting a message addressed to people who were "butt holes" to you in the original really is encouraging them to respond? Just to be clear.

I understand that, and honestly, i wasn't rude to anyone (until they got rude with me of course) and i don't care how public this forum is, there is no need to be a di_ck (NOT REFERRING TO YOU)

Not offended. Honestly to offend me you'd have to put a crap ton of work into it. I just wanted to make sure that you knew the can of worms you were opening.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Get over it. Go home.
    /thread

I am home? :drinker:

/thread
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Oh good, because we were all wondering....

Anyway, this right here is the problem. It contradicts what you said in the prior part of your post about wanting to lose weight to be healthy.
    I began to wonder if my ideal weight was worth the loose skin.

You're still acting like you'd rather be fat and unhealthy than an appropriate weight, healthy, and have loose skin.
    So I really don't feel like any new information has been divulged with this post....

That, and the comment about looking like a "wet mud cake" ...which was followed up by "I dont mean that towards anyone here, I am just mean to myself" or something along those lines... Yet you dont HAVE any loose skin, soooo how were you referring to yourself?

I think you are worrying about this way too soon, personally. If you get loose skin, you get loose skin. It might tighten, it might not. No-one knows!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Bottom line is that no one is going to be able to tell you whether you'll have loose skin or not. We can tell you what elements you have going for you (your age for one) and what you can do to minimize the loose skin (weight training, losing slowly) but a lot of it is genetics. The only way to know for sure is to find out.

It's also not like you're going to go from 209 to 125 in a matter of days. You can stop anywhere along the way if you don't like the results you're getting. It's like when someone worries that they're going to accidentally end up a body builder. There are many many days between today and the day you have a ton of loose skin. On any one of those days you can stop losing weight.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    So essentially this redundant post is a cry for attention?

nope, just making sure all of the butt holes who were jerks read this. . .

if you do not like the post, do not respond.

You didn't like people's posts and created a whole new thread about it. :laugh:

You're supposed to start a new thread about not liking this thread about the OP not liking her other thread.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Not offended. Honestly to offend me you'd have to put a crap ton of work into it. I just wanted to make sure that you knew the can of worms you were opening.

Oh, she knows.
  • royalty819
    Options
    Bottom line is that no one is going to be able to tell you whether you'll have loose skin or not. We can tell you what elements you have going for you (your age for one) and what you can do to minimize the loose skin (weight training, losing slowly) but a lot of it is genetics. The only way to know for sure is to find out.

It's also not like you're going to go from 209 to 125 in a matter of days. You can stop anywhere along the way if you don't like the results you're getting. It's like when someone worries that they're going to accidentally end up a body builder. There are many many days between today and the day you have a ton of loose skin. On any one of those days you can stop losing weight.

Awesome point, never thought of it that way!
  • scottaworley
    Options
    I have a hard time understanding how this has anything to do with general diet and weight loss help by this point.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Old man catfish checking in, sorry I'm late.

You're funny.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

or so you feel. . .you said my post was "redundant" and a cry for attention. . .

i just wanted the posters from the ORIGINAL THREAD to understand why i was concerned about the loose skin, and let them see where i was coming from. . .

Do you understand what redundant means? It means needlessly repeated. For instance: Obvious troll is obvious. Using obvious twice makes it redundant. And yes, the fact that you posted the same thread twice when your original thread is still on the first page points to a cry for attention.

And really, you were given answers ad nauseum in your original thread. I will give you the Cliffnotes.

It is impossible to say since loose skin is determined by skin elasticity, which is determined by genetics and other factors.
    Staying moisturized may help.
    Your health is more important than your vanity.
    You will probably look better after you have lost the weight despite any potential loose skin.
  • ginag516
    ginag516 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    YOu are young and you look fabulous and your going on the right track so keep toning your body maintain it your body at a tone shape :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    There seem to be a lot of judgmental people on right now. I haven't seen nasty posts like this for a while.

Good luck. Congratulations on your good body image, good attitude, and commitment to being healthy. Enjoy your sweetheart of a husband.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Here's my super serious suggestion.

Keep losing weight.

Start doing resistance training of some form.

When your skin starts showing signs of being saggy, decide if you are happy with the amount of weight you have lost and how you look.

If you are happy. Switch to maintenance and live your life.

If you are unhappy. Switch to maintenance, give your skin 6-12mths to 'firm up' and then re-evaluate.
  • royalty819
    Options
    Old man catfish checking in, sorry I'm late.

You're funny.

hey glad you checked in!:smile:
  • royalty819
    Options
    Here's my super serious suggestion.

Keep losing weight.

Start doing resistance training of some form.

When your skin starts showing signs of being saggy, decide if you are happy with the amount of weight you have lost and how you look.

If you are happy. Switch to maintenance and live your life.

If you are unhappy. Switch to maintenance, give your skin 6-12mths to 'firm up' and then re-evaluate.

super serious suggestion is super awesome lol
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    To answer the original question, I think you have a great chance of having no issues with loose skin. I starter larger and older and I barely have loose skin at all. Hardly noticeable. Good luck
  • royalty819
    Options

Do you understand what redundant means? It means needlessly repeated. For instance: Obvious troll is obvious. Using obvious twice makes it redundant. And yes, the fact that you posted the same thread twice when your original thread is still on the first page points to a cry for attention.

And really, you were given answers ad nauseum in your original thread. I will give you the Cliffnotes.

It is impossible to say since loose skin is determined by skin elasticity, which is determined by genetics and other factors.
    You will probably look better after you have lost the weight despite any potential loose skin.

re·dun·dant
    /riˈdəndənt/
    Adjective

No longer needed or useful;
    (of words or data) Able to be omitted without loss of meaning or function.
    NOTHING IN THE DEFINITION SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT REPETITION.

and the thread wasn't for more advice, it was FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WERE RUDE IN THE ORIGINAL POST!!!!! CAN YOU READ OR WHAT???????????????
  • scottaworley
    Options

re·dun·dant
    /riˈdəndənt/
    Adjective

No longer needed or useful; superfluous

and the thread wasn't for more advice, it was FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WERE RUDE IN THE ORIGINAL POST!!!!! CAN YOU READ OR WHAT???????????????

Fixed it for you.
    su·per·flu·ous
    /so͞oˈpər-fləəs/
    Adjective
    Unnecessary, esp. through being more than enough

/thread.
    I am so tired of seeing this come up when real people need real diet and weight loss help.
  • royalty819
    Options

re·dun·dant
    /riˈdəndənt/
    Adjective

No longer needed or useful; superfluous

Fixed it for you.
    su·per·flu·ous
    /so͞oˈpər-fləəs/
    Adjective
    Unnecessary, esp. through being more than enough

/thread.
    I am so tired of seeing this come up when real people need real diet and weight loss help.

Superfluous (soo-PER-floo-uhs) means "more than required." Use it when pointing out something that could be removed without detracting from the quality of something: "For a climb over a glacier, the very thickest shoes are absolutely necessary; beyond these, all else seems superfluous to me," wrote the adventurer Charles Stoddard in 1899. The word comes from Latin and literally means "overflowing": super, "over" + fluere, "to flow." So you can think of a superfluous addition as flowing over the boundaries of what's needed.

still nothing about repetition
This discussion has been closed.