For some of those who responded to "super serious question"

Options

Replies

• scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Edit: Not worth it to give the drama being sought.

just stay off of my threads. . . jesus christ!

You do realize that this is a public internet forum? Also that posting a message addressed to people who were "butt holes" to you in the original really is encouraging them to respond? Just to be clear.

I understand that, and honestly, i wasn't rude to anyone (until they got rude with me of course) and i don't care how public this forum is, there is no need to be a di_ck (NOT REFERRING TO YOU)

No one was being rude in your original thread until you started getting upset.

or so you feel. . .you said my post was "redundant" and a cry for attention. . .

i just wanted the posters from the ORIGINAL THREAD to understand why i was concerned about the loose skin, and let them see where i was coming from. . .

Do you understand what redundant means? It means needlessly repeated. For instance: Obvious troll is obvious. Using obvious twice makes it redundant. And yes, the fact that you posted the same thread twice when your original thread is still on the first page points to a cry for attention.

And really, you were given answers ad nauseum in your original thread. I will give you the Cliffnotes.

It is impossible to say since loose skin is determined by skin elasticity, which is determined by genetics and other factors.
    Staying moisturized may help.
    Your health is more important than your vanity.
    You will probably look better after you have lost the weight despite any potential loose skin.

re·dun·dant
    /riˈdəndənt/
    Adjective

No longer needed or useful; superfluous
    (of words or data) Able to be omitted without loss of meaning or function.
    NOTHING IN THE DEFINITION SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT REPETITION.

and the thread wasn't for more advice, it was FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WERE RUDE IN THE ORIGINAL POST!!!!! CAN YOU READ OR WHAT???????????????

Fixed it for you.
    su·per·flu·ous
    /so͞oˈpər-fləəs/
    Adjective
    Unnecessary, esp. through being more than enough

/thread.
    I am so tired of seeing this come up when real people need real diet and weight loss help.

Superfluous (soo-PER-floo-uhs) means "more than required." Use it when pointing out something that could be removed without detracting from the quality of something: "For a climb over a glacier, the very thickest shoes are absolutely necessary; beyond these, all else seems superfluous to me," wrote the adventurer Charles Stoddard in 1899. The word comes from Latin and literally means "overflowing": super, "over" + fluere, "to flow." So you can think of a superfluous addition as flowing over the boundaries of what's needed.

still nothing about repetition

OMG you have no command of the English language.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

You do realize that this is a public internet forum? Also that posting a message addressed to people who were "butt holes" to you in the original really is encouraging them to respond? Just to be clear.

I understand that, and honestly, i wasn't rude to anyone (until they got rude with me of course) and i don't care how public this forum is, there is no need to be a di_ck (NOT REFERRING TO YOU)

or so you feel. . .you said my post was "redundant" and a cry for attention. . .

i just wanted the posters from the ORIGINAL THREAD to understand why i was concerned about the loose skin, and let them see where i was coming from. . .

Do you understand what redundant means? It means needlessly repeated. For instance: Obvious troll is obvious. Using obvious twice makes it redundant. And yes, the fact that you posted the same thread twice when your original thread is still on the first page points to a cry for attention.

And really, you were given answers ad nauseum in your original thread. I will give you the Cliffnotes.

It is impossible to say since loose skin is determined by skin elasticity, which is determined by genetics and other factors.
    You will probably look better after you have lost the weight despite any potential loose skin.

re·dun·dant
    /riˈdəndənt/
    Adjective

and the thread wasn't for more advice, it was FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WERE RUDE IN THE ORIGINAL POST!!!!! CAN YOU READ OR WHAT???????????????

Fixed it for you.
    su·per·flu·ous
    /so͞oˈpər-fləəs/
    Adjective

/thread.
    I am so tired of seeing this come up when real people need real diet and weight loss help.

Superfluous (soo-PER-floo-uhs) means "more than required." Use it when pointing out something that could be removed without detracting from the quality of something: "For a climb over a glacier, the very thickest shoes are absolutely necessary; beyond these, all else seems superfluous to me," wrote the adventurer Charles Stoddard in 1899. The word comes from Latin and literally means "overflowing": super, "over" + fluere, "to flow." So you can think of a superfluous addition as flowing over the boundaries of what's needed.

:laugh:

Try the Merriam-webster dictionary next time.

re·dun·dant
    adjective \ri-ˈdən-dənt\
    Definition of REDUNDANT
    a : exceeding what is necessary or normal : superfluous
    b : characterized by or containing an excess; specifically : using more words than necessary
    c : characterized by similarity or repetition <a group of particularly redundant brick buildings>
    d chiefly British : no longer needed for a job and hence laid off
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I went from 270 something down to 195 and started noticing sagging skin around 200 pounds. I was 22 when that happened. It can happen even if you're young and I definitely understand your concern about it.

a lot of people said that the skin eventually tightens itself up, is that true?

Your skin's reaction is genetic. You'll get your best guess by looking at your mom or siblings. If that's not an option, there's no definite answer, but stretch marks can give you an idea if you gained weight rapidly over a short period of time, such as pregnancy or stress-eating after a traumatic event. People can only tell you what THEIR body does.

I gained 38 lbs when I was pregnant. The first stretchmark showed up at 5 months after gaining only 18 lbs. My mom was covered in belly stretchmarks. When I lost the weight, the skin did not ever shrink back. i was 5'8" and 125 lbs with a big, droopy flap of skin that overlapped my privates and laid on my lap when I sat down. That's just the genetic card I was dealt. I used to call my belly the elephant butt. It even hung over my belly button, hiding it completely with an upper hang to match the lower hang.

My case is extreme, but I could look at my mom and know how it was going to be for me. Nobody I asked gave me the right answer for me personally.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

re·dun·dant
    /riˈdəndənt/
    Adjective

Fixed it for you.
    su·per·flu·ous
    /so͞oˈpər-fləəs/
    Adjective

/thread.

OMG you have no command of the English language.

OMG considering I didn't type that, and dictionary.com did... OKAY what ever you say :smile:

Everything that you have posted is saying REPETITION in so many words. It's screaming it, in fact, to anyone who has even the slightest reading comprehension.
    The fact that you have to look up a word like redundant is saddening in and of itself, really.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Oh good, another thread on this topic. I was just dying to hear more about this, thank you for the update. Please post another rebuttal tomorrow if you have some free time.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    If you wrote this for those who were rude to you, you're wasting your breath. Should have just posted this in your original thread.
  • royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Oh good, another thread on this topic. I was just dying to hear more about this, thank you for the update. Please post another rebuttal tomorrow if you have some free time.

Sure, i would love too, I am glad that you are enjoying this. :drinker:
  • royalty819
    Options
    If you wrote this for those who were rude to you, you're wasting your breath. Should have just posted thus in your original thread.

:smile: :laugh:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    If you wrote this for those who were rude to you, you're wasting your breath. Should have just posted thus in your original thread.

She did, actually. But no one responded right away, so she created a new one.
  • royalty819
    Options

:smile: :laugh:

perhaps i should have, because i did
  • royalty819
    Options

bravo! :smile:
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Wow! Do some of you people have kids? Are they bullies like you?? There are dozens of new threads posted throughout the day. If you don't like what you read, just move on! Need "serious" diet advice? Read one of the other hundred threads! I thought this site was to help and support people!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

You could have just sent me a link, I would have gotten the people to come in to your thread for you.

I'm a helper. :flowerforyou:
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You're assuming I read your original post. I haven't nor will I.

This thread really IS redundant then.
  • royalty819
    Options
    Wow! Do some of you people have kids? Are they bullies like you?? There are dozens of new threads posted throughout the day. If you don't like what you read, just move on! Need "serious" diet advice? Read one of the other hundred threads! I thought this site was to help and support people!

cheers to that:drinker: I was only posting this so that they could see my point of view, but i guess only their point of view is valid, because this is a communist country
  • nursenelson
    Options
    I'm starting at 286, 5'2", and 27 years old. I'm probably going to have loose skin on my thighs, arms, and stomach because I need to lose about 150 pounds. BUT, I don't want to die at an early age (and my husband wouldn't want that either), so I'm going to lose weight and live with my loose skin :-)

I'm going to try and use lots of lotion, I'm drinking tons of water, I'm lifting and toning, and not going crazy with the weight loss (1-2 pounds a week is what I'm aiming for). I'm sure that I won't love the loose skin, but I'm sure that I'll love my health more. But who knows, maybe I'll be lucky and it won't be too bad!

Good luck to you on your journey :)

To OP:
    do exactly what this person is doing!
    She's got it right :)
  • royalty819
    Options
    You're assuming I read your original post. I haven't nor will I.

This thread really IS redundant then.

and so are you, considering you are not a part of the original thread. Because the title of this thread is For some of those who responded to "super serious question"...and you are NOT a person who responded to "super serious question...so there fore, you are redundant
  • royalty819
    Options
    I'm starting at 286, 5'2", and 27 years old. I'm probably going to have loose skin on my thighs, arms, and stomach because I need to lose about 150 pounds. BUT, I don't want to die at an early age (and my husband wouldn't want that either), so I'm going to lose weight and live with my loose skin :-)

I'm going to try and use lots of lotion, I'm drinking tons of water, I'm lifting and toning, and not going crazy with the weight loss (1-2 pounds a week is what I'm aiming for). I'm sure that I won't love the loose skin, but I'm sure that I'll love my health more. But who knows, maybe I'll be lucky and it won't be too bad!

Good luck to you on your journey :)

To OP:
    do exactly what this person is doing!
    She's got it right :)

you bet! I am actually going to copy and pate that to my sticky notes (on my computer of course)
  • royalty819
    Options

You could have just sent me a link, I would have gotten the people to come in to your thread for you.

I'm a helper. :flowerforyou:

Aww thank you :) lol :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: two flowers for you!
This discussion has been closed.