For some of those who responded to "super serious question"

Options

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through the "super serious question" thread. But you started another one on the same topic?

no i didn't, i posted a topic for those who were rude to me in the topic. . .

Oh jeeezus. Are you freaking kidding me? I think loose skin should be low on the totem pole and growing some thicker skin should be of the utmost priority. Otherwise GTFOff the internet. :sad:
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Your concern is perfectly legit. Hundreds of people share it including me. The best advice in this thread is to lose it slowly and weight train to keep from losing muscle ('toning' doesn't really exist, all you are actually doing is getting a smaller BF% which exposes more of the muscle). Look up things like HIIT and lifting on MFP and Google to find out more about how these may work to your benefit.

What some people are annoyed about is you posting a superfluous thread containing redundant information in an inflammatory manner.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Well you certainly don't end up 100 lbs overweight without having strong rationalization and cognitive dissonance skills!

well, its called bringing a kid into this world 2 years ago, then just loosing a baby at 5 1/2 month pregnant last month. so thanks. your awesome.

Having a baby makes you gain a hundred pounds? Sorry about your loss, though, seriously. Not that it has anything whatsoever to do with your overeating to the point of having so much weight to lose, though.
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Your concern is perfectly legit. Hundreds of people share it including me. The best advice in this thread is to lose it slowly and weight train to keep from losing muscle ('toning' doesn't really exist, all you are actually doing is getting a smaller BF% which exposes more of the muscle). Look up things like HIIT and lifting on MFP and Google to find out more about how these may work to your benefit.

What some people are annoyed about is you posting a superfluous thread containing redundant information in an inflammatory manner.

This.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Wow! Do some of you people have kids? Are they bullies like you?? There are dozens of new threads posted throughout the day. If you don't like what you read, just move on! Need "serious" diet advice? Read one of the other hundred threads! I thought this site was to help and support people!

I don't see anything in this thread that I'd characterize as bullying.

But I think a lot of what's going on is spill-over from the original thread, in which the OP said that loose skin looks like a "pile of wet mudcakes."

I stated that i would look like a pile of wet mud cakes. . . in my defense. . .
    but the fact that no one cares about someone elses point of view, its bullying, inconsiderate, and a way to distract the threads original purpose

The fact that no one cares about someone else's point of view is just human nature. It's not bullying. It's definitely not the same as shaming someone with down syndrome.

Some people are just blunt, and they communicate in ways that seem harsh to those who need a gentler approach. But you have to just take the advice that helps you and ignore the rest. That's part of posting on a public board filled with all types of personalities.
  • royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

understood. . .

but once again, lets pretend that you post a thread that i absolutely LOATH. . .

do you know what I would do???

leave your thread, and continue my day as usual.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Wow! Do some of you people have kids? Are they bullies like you?? There are dozens of new threads posted throughout the day. If you don't like what you read, just move on! Need "serious" diet advice? Read one of the other hundred threads! I thought this site was to help and support people!

cheers to that:drinker: I was only posting this so that they could see my point of view, but i guess only their point of view is valid, because this is a communist country

It's not a communist country, it's the internet. You can get a lot out of it or you can get what you've gotten out of it.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming the user's original post received logical and truth filled advice, which made her cranky because it wasn't rainbows, unicorns and glitter blown up her *kitten*. These people aren't bullies. This is a public forum where sound advice is repeatedly given by successful, fit and healthy people, some who have lost hundreds of pound,s and repeatedly ignored by people who have no clue what fitness and health even mean let alone how to achieve them.

OP, get over yourself, and just because something may have hurt your feelings doesn't mean it wasn't actually constructive criticism. Life's rough, grow some thicker skin.

maybe you can't read either.
    there has been plenty of people who posted blunt advice, with out me becoming offended.

the difference??? they were honest, blunt, and real. they, however, were not a di_ck about it, and they didn't try to shame me for having a simple concern

Heart attacks, diabetes, high blood pressure... those are things I would be way more concerned about than things like loose skin or even stretch marks.

And if you don't go on some crazy fad, lose 80 bajillion lbs in a month diet, loose skin probably isn't a concern. Start picking up heavy things too.

Probably all things you've already been told, but I'm a ****... and probably being redundant on top of it, so I'm guessing I'll be immediately ignored.

no you wont be ignored because see what you just did? you said something blunt, and honset, without shaming me for my concern. you even stated your own opinion about what you would be more worried about. but you didnt make it seem like i'm less than human for worrying about loose skin

Insults my intelligence. Then says I have good advice.

lIUGC52.gif
  • royalty819
    Options
    Well you certainly don't end up 100 lbs overweight without having strong rationalization and cognitive dissonance skills!

well, its called bringing a kid into this world 2 years ago, then just loosing a baby at 5 1/2 month pregnant last month. so thanks. your awesome.

Having a baby makes you gain a hundred pounds? Sorry about your loss, though, seriously. Not that it has anything whatsoever to do with your overeating to the point of having so much weight to lose, though.

Actually i am not 100 pounds over weight, if i were, that would mean my ideal weight is 103 pounds....

and how do you know i over eat? what if i have a thyroid issue (which i do not) i actually under eat, putting my body in starvation mode.

before the second pregnancy, i only needed to loose 50 pounds, now i need to lose 70, still, not 100 pounds.

but thank you for your condolences.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My sister has an issue with some loose skin. She lost over 100 lbs in a relatively short amount of time and didn't do any kind of exercise at all. I can't say for certain that if she'd lost it a little more slowly and exercised (at least some weights) that she wouldn't have the loose skin, but it seems like that might have helped her. She was 23 when she lost it all.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    You're not in starvation mode. Starvation mode is largely a myth.
  • royalty819
    Options
    I'm assuming the user's original post received logical and truth filled advice, which made her cranky because it wasn't rainbows, unicorns and glitter blown up her *kitten*. These people aren't bullies. This is a public forum where sound advice is repeatedly given by successful, fit and healthy people, some who have lost hundreds of pound,s and repeatedly ignored by people who have no clue what fitness and health even mean let alone how to achieve them.

OP, get over yourself, and just because something may have hurt your feelings doesn't mean it wasn't actually constructive criticism. Life's rough, grow some thicker skin.

maybe you can't read either.
    there has been plenty of people who posted blunt advice, with out me becoming offended.

the difference??? they were honest, blunt, and real. they, however, were not a di_ck about it, and they didn't try to shame me for having a simple concern

Heart attacks, diabetes, high blood pressure... those are things I would be way more concerned about than things like loose skin or even stretch marks.

And if you don't go on some crazy fad, lose 80 bajillion lbs in a month diet, loose skin probably isn't a concern. Start picking up heavy things too.

Probably all things you've already been told, but I'm a ****... and probably being redundant on top of it, so I'm guessing I'll be immediately ignored.

no you wont be ignored because see what you just did? you said something blunt, and honset, without shaming me for my concern. you even stated your own opinion about what you would be more worried about. but you didnt make it seem like i'm less than human for worrying about loose skin

Insults my intelligence. Then says I have good advice.

lIUGC52.gif

no, your second paragraph was good advice. . .not the first, your first was rude, and you didnt even know what was going on. because many people gave me advice, with out unicorns, rainbows, and glitter blown up my *kitten*

:smile:
  • royalty819
    Options

riggggght

bull ship

i guess thunder storms are a myth too
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

As well as the thyroid issue that she brought up... but doesn't actually have.

I am beyond confused at this point.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

riggggght

bull ship

they're just God's farts!!!

ted_trlr_thunder-buddies-remix_.jpg
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Giving the benefit of the doubt that this is true, the last place you need to be is on the internet having hair pullers. You're really young chronologically, and emotionally I suspect, you've suffered a loss, AND you've still got hormones to contend with. Step away from the keyboard, take care of yourself and your kid and get yourself together.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

riggggght

bull ship

You sure are snarky for being so misinformed. :laugh:
  • royalty819
    Options

http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2009/07/stop-starving-yourselves.html

and here's some legit advice, because my fitness pal is not a medical site.
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Giving the benefit of the doubt that this is true, the last place you need to be is on the internet having hair pullers. You're really young chronologically, and emotionally I suspect, you've suffered a loss, AND you've still got hormones to contend with. Step away from the keyboard, take care of yourself and your kid and get yourself together.

And this.
This discussion has been closed.