Replies

• _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Nevermind. Was lower blow than I intended even for this hot mess of an OP
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Wow! Do some of you people have kids? Are they bullies like you?? There are dozens of new threads posted throughout the day. If you don't like what you read, just move on! Need "serious" diet advice? Read one of the other hundred threads! I thought this site was to help and support people!

I don't see anything in this thread that I'd characterize as bullying.

But I think a lot of what's going on is spill-over from the original thread, in which the OP said that loose skin looks like a "pile of wet mudcakes."
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    You're assuming I read your original post. I haven't nor will I.

This thread really IS redundant then.

and so are you, considering you are not a part of the original thread. Because the title of this thread is For some of those who responded to "super serious question"...and you are NOT a person who responded to "super serious question...so there fore, you are redundant

Man, you just can't get a grasp on what that word means, can you?
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

and so are you, considering you are not a part of the original thread. Because the title of this thread is For some of those who responded to "super serious question"...and you are NOT a person who responded to "super serious question...so there fore, you are redundant

Not even close. Last I checked this is a public forum. I can choose to comment on anything regardless of who it's addressed to.
  • royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow! Do some of you people have kids? Are they bullies like you?? There are dozens of new threads posted throughout the day. If you don't like what you read, just move on! Need "serious" diet advice? Read one of the other hundred threads! I thought this site was to help and support people!

But I think a lot of what's going on is spill-over from the original thread, in which the OP said that loose skin looks like a "pile of wet mudcakes."

I stated that i would look like a pile of wet mud cakes. . . in my defense. . .
    but the fact that no one cares about someone elses point of view, its bullying, inconsiderate, and a way to distract the threads original purpose
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming the user's original post received logical and truth filled advice, which made her cranky because it wasn't rainbows, unicorns and glitter blown up her *kitten*. These people aren't bullies. This is a public forum where sound advice is repeatedly given by successful, fit and healthy people, some who have lost hundreds of pound,s and repeatedly ignored by people who have no clue what fitness and health even mean let alone how to achieve them.

OP, get over yourself, and just because something may have hurt your feelings doesn't mean it wasn't actually constructive criticism. Life's rough, grow some thicker skin.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Makes a thread for the haters.

Gets mad when they show up.

Seems legit.
  • royalty819
    Options

Not even close. Last I checked this is a public forum. I can choose to comment on anything regardless of who it's addressed to.

aw, are your feelings hurt too :(

poor baby

but your presence in this forum is redundant.
    sorry for inconvenience this may have caused
  • royalty819
    Options
    Makes a thread for the haters.

Gets mad when they show up.

no, the wrong haters showed up, with the exception of a few, this thread was for the original haters.

Seems legit.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

but the fact that no one cares about someone elses point of view, its bullying, inconsiderate, and a way to distract the threads original purpose

bullying present participle of bul·ly
    Verb
    Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

No it's not.
  • royalty819
    Options
    I'm assuming the user's original post received logical and truth filled advice, which made her cranky because it wasn't rainbows, unicorns and glitter blown up her *kitten*. These people aren't bullies. This is a public forum where sound advice is repeatedly given by successful, fit and healthy people, some who have lost hundreds of pound,s and repeatedly ignored by people who have no clue what fitness and health even mean let alone how to achieve them.

OP, get over yourself, and just because something may have hurt your feelings doesn't mean it wasn't actually constructive criticism. Life's rough, grow some thicker skin.

maybe you can't read either.
    there has been plenty of people who posted blunt advice, with out me becoming offended.

the difference??? they were honest, blunt, and real. they, however, were not a di_ck about it, and they didn't try to shame me for having a simple concern
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Royalty819,
    Get busy losing the weight, but as others have advised, do it SLOWLY.
    Take care of your skin; it is the largest organ in your body.
    Use the cremes, as previously advised.
    Eat collagen-rich foods:
    www.virdenmd.com/blog/8-foods-that-boost-collagen/
    luvurskn.blogspot.com/2010/03/8-foods-that-boost-collagen.html
    Work out, build muscle, drink water.
    If you change your mind about more babies, take care of your skin
    throughout your pregnancy.
    Lose the weight NOW. Make sure you learn good eating habits
    to maintain your lower weight for the rest of your life.
    Do it now! Please believe me: your life will be much happier.
    Best wishes!
  • royalty819
    Options

bullying present participle of bul·ly
    Verb
    Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

No it's not.

how do you know I'm not intimidated???
    The fact that people are shaming me, for having a concern, is bullying. Its the same thing as shaming a lesbian, a gay man, or a child with down syndrome. people on this forum are trying to make me feel like i am wrong for my concern and worries. that is NOT supportive, and it is, in fact, bullying.
  • royalty819
    Options
    Royalty819,
    Get busy losing the weight, but as others have advised, do it SLOWLY.
    Take care of your skin; it is the largest organ in your body.
    Use the cremes, as previously advised.
    Eat collagen-rich foods:
    www.virdenmd.com/blog/8-foods-that-boost-collagen/
    luvurskn.blogspot.com/2010/03/8-foods-that-boost-collagen.html
    Work out, build muscle, drink water.
    If you change your mind about more babies, take care of your skin
    throughout your pregnancy.
    Lose the weight NOW. Make sure you learn good eating habits
    to maintain your lower weight for the rest of your life.
    Do it now! Please believe me: your life will be much happier.
    Best wishes!

thank you :)
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

there has been plenty of people who posted blunt advice, with out me becoming offended.

the difference??? they were honest, blunt, and real. they, however, were not a di_ck about it, and they didn't try to shame me for having a simple concern

Heart attacks, diabetes, high blood pressure... those are things I would be way more concerned about than things like loose skin or even stretch marks.

And if you don't go on some crazy fad, lose 80 bajillion lbs in a month diet, loose skin probably isn't a concern. Start picking up heavy things too.

Probably all things you've already been told, but I'm a ****... and probably being redundant on top of it, so I'm guessing I'll be immediately ignored.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Well you certainly don't end up 100 lbs overweight without having strong rationalization and cognitive dissonance skills!
  • royalty819
    Options

Heart attacks, diabetes, high blood pressure... those are things I would be way more concerned about than things like loose skin or even stretch marks.

And if you don't go on some crazy fad, lose 80 bajillion lbs in a month diet, loose skin probably isn't a concern. Start picking up heavy things too.

Probably all things you've already been told, but I'm a ****... and probably being redundant on top of it, so I'm guessing I'll be immediately ignored.

no you wont be ignored because see what you just did? you said something blunt, and honset, without shaming me for my concern. you even stated your own opinion about what you would be more worried about. but you didnt make it seem like i'm less than human for worrying about loose skin
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I have not read through all of the responses....
    OP: you copied and pasted one of your last responses from the other thread.... And used it as the start of this thread..... That speaks volumes.
  • royalty819
    Options
    Well you certainly don't end up 100 lbs overweight without having strong rationalization and cognitive dissonance skills!

well, its called bringing a kid into this world 2 years ago, then just loosing a baby at 5 1/2 month pregnant last month. so thanks. your awesome.
  • royalty819
    Options
    I have not read through all of the responses....
    OP: you copied and pasted one of your last responses from the other thread.... And used it as the start of this thread..... That speaks volumes.

we've already discussed that:flowerforyou: :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.