August 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    I do not get it... it was a nice day. Like 70 degrees and cloudy. Not perfect, but compared to the triple digits we were getting it was nice... so why were people on the dreadmill in the gym, when literally just outside the door is a nice park to run in?

Careful Pastor my dad used to complain about runners who ran listening to music. He couldn't understand why they wouldn't want to just hear the sounds of nature and enjoy the peace.

The difference is that we are talking about a dreadmill where you run in place in a cloud of CO2... it is just hard for me to understanding choosing that. Sure I do it when outside is horrid... but the park was essentially empty and peaceful and had AIR. You know, like Oxygen? :lol:

• RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I'm new to your challenges. I am turning 59 on Aug 4th, so my goal is going to be 59 miles! My want to be consistent and be ready to run a 10K on my 60th birthday...the same one I ran on my 50th birthday, but only better!

Welcome and nice goal!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this group and I'm ready to set a running goal. I've got a 10km Sydney Harbour Bridge run coming up soon.

Good luck with your progress everyone!

exercise.png

Welcome! :)