August 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,444 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom thanks for the advice. I do use Caladryl clear, and alternate with the Calamine 'pink' stuff. Was hoping one would win out, but both are about the same. Think it will just take time. Seems the older I get, that is the usual cure ;)
    But thanks, I really do appreciate it!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    zbatool123 wrote: »
    Wow you guys sound incredible! I wish I could motivate myself to run! :(

One step at a time, you can do it.

Just start walking and when you're ready add short running distances. Its hard but amazing when you can look back and see the progress.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom thanks for the advice. I do use Caladryl clear, and alternate with the Calamine 'pink' stuff. Was hoping one would win out, but both are about the same. Think it will just take time. Seems the older I get, that is the usual cure ;)

@Scott6255 you're welcome. My next recommendation is tec-nu it's a white and green spray bottle. It's for poison ivy and stuff like that.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »

@Scott6255 you're welcome. My next recommendation is tec-nu it's a white and green spray bottle. It's for poison ivy and stuff like that.

A rx for some triam gel will also knock it out.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

Have you considered one of the C25K apps? That's how a lot of runners get started. The program eases you into it, and before you know it, you're a runner! When I started I could barely run a minute.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    1---3.03

Running.  3.0 /85 miles
    Cycling. Nothin yet.

Upcoming Races
    October 14th Spirit of Survival Lawton OK. Quarter Marathon
    March 31, 2019 A2A Undecided distance. Ardmore OK
    April 28, 2019 OKC Memorial Marathon (half)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @AprilRN10 it's always good to go up slowly in mileage. Sorry for the stressers you are having, but glad running helps.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 - I would normally join the 100 mile club but am taking a cutback month for August. I may end up there though if it cools down at all!
    @MegaMooseEsq - I worked from home for years and might have some suggestions. You can PM me if you want to chat about it.

Have you considered one of the C25K apps? That's how a lot of runners get started. The program eases you into it, and before you know it, you're a runner! When I started I could barely run a minute.

@zbatool123 - I was going to recommend this or something similar as well. I didn't use it when I started but know so many who have. I was walking a lot and started adding in just a little run (run to that next tree, run to that pole, etc...) and over time found I could challenge myself to run just a bit more and more. Oh and I was a run hater, never imagining I would ever enjoy running and do it because I wanted to!