August 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• eponine1984
    eponine1984 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @eponine1984 I too have had chronically tight calves my entire running life. I have found some relief just in the last few months by strengthening my calves, doing various body weight excersises, then working up with dumbbells. Also foam rolling before and after running helps me.
    I've heard the phrase "30 single calf raises a day keeps the doctor away".
    Maybe worth trying for a couple months and see how it feels.

Makes sense, I used to do a ton of ballet which is basically all calf raises. Definitely something to try out!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    1 August: yoga
    2 August: 18.43 Last long run before my half on August 25 - a little early, but we head off to Fiji on Saturday and it will be too hot to run that far, plus, I have no sense of direction and will get lost if I do more than run around the golf course, and you'll be blowed if I'm doing that four times in a row!!

18.43 of 120km for August

@ContraryMaryMary Not only do we think the same way when doing handstands, I'm also on holiday as of an hour ago, AND I have an event that weekend (a 35 km walk). :smiley:
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    Four miles on the treadmill last night, which annoyingly isn't showing up on Garmin Connect or Strava. Looks like I'll have sync the watch using my computer rather than bluetooth. I can see it in my history, but I can't get the darn thing to upload.

Hmm, that is coincidental. I never have any trouble with my Garmin Forerunner 235 syncing, but after yesterday's run, it wouldn't sync all day. So I thought a power-down/power-up cycle might help. After I hit 'Yes' to confirm, it just sat there and did nothing. So I held the power-off button again, and it just slowly faded and turned off. Tried to power-up again, and it wouldn't! So I put it on the charger and it powered on and sync'd.
    So I dunno, maybe it is a new firmware update or something?
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Four miles on the treadmill last night, which annoyingly isn't showing up on Garmin Connect or Strava. Looks like I'll have sync the watch using my computer rather than bluetooth. I can see it in my history, but I can't get the darn thing to upload.

Hmm, that is coincidental. I never have any trouble with my Garmin Forerunner 235 syncing, but after yesterday's run, it wouldn't sync all day. So I thought a power-down/power-up cycle might help. After I hit 'Yes' to confirm, it just sat there and did nothing. So I held the power-off button again, and it just slowly faded and turned off. Tried to power-up again, and it wouldn't! So I put it on the charger and it powered on and sync'd.
    So I dunno, maybe it is a new firmware update or something?

@Scott6255 Yup. First time this has happened for me too. Strange.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Guys there's a 4th race I want to do in December. I'm resisting lol

https://pics.me.me/look-into-my-eyes-resistance-is-futile-caption-by-kittyworks-5066454.png4iafomroy1lk.png

I feel like 4 is a lot of races in a month. I am going to wait and see. I am doing no spend August and will probably do no spend September too. Having a fridge and ac go within a week of each other puts a dent in the race fund!