August 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Ah I didn't think about the running affecting the draw. It's a full panel to check everything lol

Appts at 8 and approximately an hour drive after so itd be 9 am and well Monday's low is 88 and 110 for the high so by 9 am it will be maybe 95 or 100? Guess its a rest day!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    No run today, decided to watch a movie with the wife. Ready Player One actually. The book was better, as always, but I had high hopes for the movie. The book had a lot of material that needed cutting, so thought it would be ripe for a movie to really knock it out of the park.

Ah well, once again #MovieLetMeDown #ReadingIsBetter
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent movie first, book second
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

I make it a point not to watch the movie until I have read the book. *shrugs* I just rather have the spoilers impact the movie and not the book, if there are any.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @kevaasen i was leaning to the 16 week one. I love fartleks and so does speed demon
    As i don't have a marathon in mind...how would one "stay in a holding pattern"?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

I make it a point not to watch the movie until I have read the book. *shrugs* I just rather have the spoilers impact the movie and not the book, if there are any.

I try to read the book first but it's not always easy to do. And I try to leave time between. Like I finished Silence of the Lambs recently (I KNOW but I had to read red dragon first) and recorded the movie. I waited 2 weeks before watching.

I am disappointed in HBO's Sharp Objects. I really thought they'd do a better job and the boom was amazing.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @AprilRN10 Happy birthday!
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @AprilRN10 Indeed, happy birthday!
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »