• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    Yay @BruinsGal_91! Way to go!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Package pickup today. I won some free socks. I think they might fit my 6 year old LOL.

68r5u7s31noc.jpg

The smoke is supposed to clear tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it stays gone or at least low until after 3 PM Sunday - that's an hour after the marathon cutoff. It's really awful right now.

k3yk2pousfvn.png

I have shirt envy - what a beautiful shirt!

Hoping your air clears and stays clear. I had seen your previous posts about air quality without quite realizing where you lived - it's been a scary season as far as wildfires all over the place it seems!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq the worst is when you find a drinking fountain and it doesn’t work!!! Nooooooo... I hate carrying water too so I’m always on the lookout for water stops.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    We have a star in our midst.

@garygse is in 151st place in the Strava Distance Challenge for August, out of nearly 180,000 people.

To put that in perspective, a guy I admire like a guru who has just done 10 marathons in 10 days is in 225th.

Absolutely awesome.

That is especially impressive giving the amount of cheating on Strava in those things (for reasons I can not fathom).

Dh was telling me about that the other day, the unbelievable milage others have put in.

You think that's real? Or...

I have no way to know for sure, but let's just say some of the posts are suspicious and leave it at that. :)
    MapMyRun had some challenges that I was in and you could break it down by M/F and by age... I was running well over 100 miles/month and was in the top 1% but the top ~10 women over 60 and over were running 20-30 miles per day every day with no breaks... how is that even possible?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    @MegaMooseEsq the worst is when you find a drinking fountain and it doesn’t work!!! Nooooooo... I hate carrying water too so I’m always on the lookout for water stops.

The. Worst. My long run a couple of weeks ago where I failed to find the lake I’d planned on running around had a broken water fountain along the way as well. That definitely added to the overall badness of the run!