August Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    @Orphia ahhhhh that is the sweetest gesture ; thank you so much I will take a screen shot and save it. Thanks for your kindness xoxo. It's very accurate - you have talent !
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    So glad you like it. :)<3

I remembered to "Play" and that's what happened. :)
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I have stumbled on this thread before. Since it is now officially "Halfway through August" I am thinking of joining in for the second half of this month...

I usually have a free-form bullet journal going where I check off a daily self care item. I fell down on this the last 3 weeks because of some unusual work hours and extra work and life stress ... guess what, right when I needed more conscious self care was when I wasn't paying as much attention to it. I am clear that it's time to BANK some self care for the next time there is crisis.

8/15 - went for a walk on break with my friend.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    Aug 13
    Worked a little in my art piece.
    Gave my hair love & attention :))))) playing with different products & stylings!

Aug 14
    Got some great tips from a nice, informative, non-pushy clerk at local store in choosing some make up brushes, concealer, & even a mask! (Never used one before. Spa Day soon :)

Saw a friend, called another friend to see her later this week & called a family member to schedule/an their upcoming b-day party! Seeing friends & family is self-care for me!!!

Today
    In massive need of self-care. Will do.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed Very creative...I love the colors. You GO girl!!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I’ve gotten a lot of inspiration lurking here. Thanks! Today I used a Korean sheet mask a friend gave me. It was “Cheer Up Face” from The Creme Shop. It was soooo cool and refreshing and my skin was dewy and soft and I couldn’t stop touching it. Also, the mask is a zebra face! So I took a selfie and sent it to my 4-year-old granddaughter who freaked out with glee. A lot of mileage from a little $2 package.

@Orphia and @RubyRed427, your art is incredible!!! Wow! I wish I could hang @RubyRed’s in my house. I wouldn’t hang @Orphia’s only because it would be weird to hang a picture of RubyRed in my house. But what a lovely likeness.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    I’ve gotten a lot of inspiration lurking here. Thanks! Today I used a Korean sheet mask a friend gave me. It was “Cheer Up Face” from The Creme Shop. It was soooo cool and refreshing and my skin was dewy and soft and I couldn’t stop touching it. Also, the mask is a zebra face! So I took a selfie and sent it to my 4-year-old granddaughter who freaked out with glee. A lot of mileage from a little $2 package.

@Orphia and @RubyRed427, your art is incredible!!! Wow! I wish I could hang @RubyRed’s in my house. I wouldn’t hang @Orphia’s only because it would be weird to hang a picture of RubyRed in my house. But what a lovely likeness.

Thanks so much! And you made me laugh too. Xoxo
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Hi friends, as some of you know this is my third month in painting class. I'm learning a lot l, but the best part is for two hours I'm just focused on the task at hand. Here's tonight's painting ; it's hard to get things proportional, but I liked the color scheme.

Love it :smile:

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Hi friends, as some of you know this is my third month in painting class. I'm learning a lot l, but the best part is for two hours I'm just focused on the task at hand. Here's tonight's painting ; it's hard to get things proportional, but I liked the color scheme.

@RubyRed427 just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your painting!!!
  • Orphia
    Options
    LOL @donimfp :smiley:

Welcome, @lorrainequiche59 :smile: Thank you!

@RubyRed427 I love your brushstrokes! And the colours are really lovely.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,075 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed427, beautiful! 🌼
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,075 Member
    Options
    Today I bought 2 new video courses from The Great Courses on sale--cooking courses taught by Chef Bill Briwa of the CIA (Culinary Inst. of America). I've already used 2 of his courses this summer and have enjoyed making things I never thought I'd be able to make. I just made his Tom Kha Gai yesterday (Thai coconut soup). Cooking feeds my soul, and our fruit, veggie, and whole grain intake has increased by a TON because of these courses. The 2 courses have a total of 39 lectures. Can't wait to dig in.

I will have to check these out! Thanks for the information.

Regarding "The Great Courses", I've listened to Jason Satterfield's series on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy twice so far. I find it very helpful. Aside from the practical tips/exercises, it just makes me feel better somehow. 🐈
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,854 Member
    Options
    I love trying new recipes also
  • Orphia
    Options
    Ran 30 km. Feel awesome.

It's my day off, and I spent hours on MFP and Facebook. Sometimes that's my treat.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Saw a friend for 4 hours!!!

• HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I got up early and walked the mile to our crystal clear, COLD river to meet a friend and jump in and be mermaids. She drove, so I even got a ride home. Great way to start a 106-degree-heat index day!

Also, because of suggestions on this thread, I checked out Yoga with Adrien. I did the "complete beginner" one yesterday and feel so good and stretched out. A cherry on top is that I discovered one of my very favorite students, whom I taught for 3 years in high school, is Adrien's friend, and her husband, Chris Sharp, is the one who pitched the original idea for the videos to Adrien and is her partner and director. Small world! And I had never even heard of her until you guys brought her up.

Sounds like a great day :smile: and yes Yoga with Adriene is my favourtie :smiley:
    & what a small world