Replies

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,854 Member
    Options
    Going to lunch with a friend I haven't seen in a while. So excited
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    Chatting & art - 5 hours yesterday - SO Great!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I <3<3<3 all the latest posts!!! You are all so dear to me.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Yoga with Adriene 4th day in a row. Thanks, y'all!

Went through a big bag of free samples that have accumulated over a couple of years. Divvied them up among my shower, my make-up bag, my travel make-up bag, by my sink, so I'll use them instead of waste them. The Aveda stress-fix body wash sample looks and smells good. Can't wait to try it tomorrow. Also unearthed 2 bottles of essential oils so lit up my dusty old diffuser with bergamot/cardamom, and my bedroom smells spicy!

I like doing that too! I seldom buy big sizes because I used to get Birchbox (monthly sample box) and I love using all
    The little things up. Xo
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I spent the weekend away with the hubby and my sister, exploring new places and cheering my sister on in her 107 mile cycle event Tour De Mon.
    Really tired today, but got up and did a little yoga this morning, lets see how work goes haha :smile:
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm bunny-sitting for a friend and it's so nice to have a little friend in the house! He's litter trained and quite bold/brave for a rabbit, and I think I might be ready to start looking for a new one of my own! (My 13-year old rabbit passed away in January!)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Aug 20: Had a great time with another dear friend!!! 2.5 hours!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @ElC_76 and @amylynnwolfe1 !
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    hullo, can I come play?

the most important bit of self-care for me is not giving myself grief when I DON'T do something I planned to do, or say no to something - and yes, that can just as easily be about not giving myself grief about not setting daily time aside for self-care. Self-care as and when it's needed, no more no less.

I'm another Yoga with Adriene addict. I'm following the 30 days of yoga videos, although only made it to day 15 so far - I'm really enjoying it, it's helps me wind down before bed and keeps me away from endless trawling social media at night!!!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I even got on the e-mail list for the "Habitually Chic" blog, but somehow I did. I really like it for almost-daily doses of beauty, particularly when she posts about gorgeous architecture. It's all way-beyond-my-means luxury stuff, but it's usually aesthetically very pleasing and good for my soul. Today's post is about a beautifully restored Paris hotel. She often features photos of Long Island beach homes or European chateaux.

Still loving the Yoga with Adriene, although I am in a category that should be called pre-complete beginner. I laughed yesterday because watching Adriene I feel like I look graceful like her. I turned and got a glimpse of myself in a pose in the mirror and went "ACK!!!" I don't exactly look like Adriene . . . and that surprised me!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    I woke up and did 10 min yoga morning stretch and 5 min breathing meditation; I'm convinced this is such a doable goal for me- I can easily do 15 min in the morning for self care.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Aug 21: Saw a dear friend - 4 hours
    Art for 1.5-2 with her :))
    SO FUN!
    Seeing friends/family seems to be my happiest self-care
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I have stumbled on this thread before. Since it is now officially "Halfway through August" I am thinking of joining in for the second half of this month...

I usually have a free-form bullet journal going where I check off a daily self care item. I fell down on this the last 3 weeks because of some unusual work hours and extra work and life stress ... guess what, right when I needed more conscious self care was when I wasn't paying as much attention to it. I am clear that it's time to BANK some self care for the next time there is crisis.

8/15 - went for a walk on break with my friend.
    8/19 - let the "shoulds" go, plopped on the couch and watched a feel-happy laugh-hard movie - Redford and Nolte and Thompson in "A Walk in the Woods"
    8/20 - leftovers for dinner, so walked to the gym while listening to a meditation tape; got a little run and elliptical in. It's nice to be outside but honestly, it was still too smoky.
    8/21 - two walk breaks with my friend. Yay! even when we talk about work it's just nice to get away from the computer, and I have over 7000 steps at 5PM.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @brightresolve Sounds like a wonderful few days. Xo