August Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Went back to the gym to lift weights after work. I havent done that for two weeks. Went to painting class. Listened to song β€œdefying gravity” from Wicked for inspiration. Busy week but slivers of self care. Also, trying to talk kindly to myself in my mind.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,435 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Just found this and :heart: the idea of self-care.

This last week I have been reconnecting to my inner self by doing daily meditation each morning. Hubster has even said he enjoys the meditations.

Yesterday I did a morning meditation; spent some time working on a crochet project; did some puzzles; worked on my jigsaw.
    Also got in a HIIT cardio/core workout session. Those endorphins are something else! Lol!

Also reinstating my daily affirmations.

πŸ’Ž Today I am focused and determined πŸ’Ž
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Hi friends, as some of you know this is my third month in painting class. I'm learning a lot l, but the best part is for two hours I'm just focused on the task at hand. Here's tonight's painting ; it's hard to get things proportional, but I liked the color scheme.

That's such a vibrant and lively painting. Don't worry too much about proportion. Your painting is very intuitive.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,854 Member
    Options
    I've been burning through a new book series. been a while
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @Idontcareyoupick, I love your name! I don't know if you're familiar with the Enneagram, but it involves 9 different personality types. A type 9, which my mother is, is summed up by "I don't care, you pick." Go with the flow. It's all good. That is definitely NOT my type!! I wish I were more like that.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Options
    donimfp wrote: Β»
    @Idontcareyoupick, I love your name! I don't know if you're familiar with the Enneagram, but it involves 9 different personality types. A type 9, which my mother is, is summed up by "I don't care, you pick." Go with the flow. It's all good. That is definitely NOT my type!! I wish I were more like that.

I've never heard of that, I'll have to go look it up. My bf was setting this up for me 2 weightloss seasons ago and that's what I told him and he put it in lol
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    Aug 22: efficiently got a lot of errands done :)
    Aug 23: browsed art store for 45 mins to an hour :)))))
    Also, looked at photo I took of an art piece I did a few months ago & it was turned 90 degrees- totally better!! Ha!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    i’m babysitting this little bunny for a friend for a few days - he is sure making me smile!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,075 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    twyla77 wrote: Β»
    i’m babysitting this little bunny for a friend for a few days - he is sure making me smile!

He is adorable! So cute! πŸ’•
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thurs 23/8:
    πŸ’Ž Today I am focused and determined πŸ’Ž
    Fri 24/8:
    πŸ’Ž I am focusing on health and fitness πŸ’Ž
    This morning I did a Zen meditation when I woke up.
    Afterwards, I did a 55 minute HIIT workout, and then went out for a little retail therapy.
    Had lunch with hubster when I got home.
    πŸ’Ž I am determined to reach my ideal weight of 155lbs πŸ’Ž

• donimfp
    Options
    Bought a pattypan squash at the farmers market this morning. I've never used one before and have done Internet research and am ready to cook it as a side tonight. I love playing with new ingredients. It looks like an alien spaceship.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Aug 24: big decluttering day! Felt great!
    Aug 25: took a walk when I was feeling a little sad: much better!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Did a 30 min sleep mediation in bed last night. I probably made it only to 10 min before I feel asleep. I also tried Valerian (sleep herb) and I think it helped too.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Options
    Spent time with family from out of town yesterday
  • donimfp
    Options
    I learned that large pattypan squashes need to be peeled. Everything I read on the Interwebs said to eat the peels. They must not have had big suckers like the one I bought. I had chopped it up and sauteed it with herbs and lemon and it was delicious, but my husband and I had to individually scoop the squash out of each piece because the skin was like hard cardboard even though the innards were nice and soft--and tasty, almost like a potato. I'm going to buy another one next Saturday and try again--this time peeling it first. I love learning new things!

Today's self-care will be going through every drawer in my dresser, no doubt getting rid of half the stuff in there, and folding the rest a la Marie Kondo (or whatever her names is) like I did when I first read her book.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Just put this as the lock screen on my iPad so that I will see it each time I open it up.

7gk1zvizwna8.jpg

Saturday 25/8
    I had an unexpected visitor in the morning. It was my step brother whom I haven't seen for over 40 years. We chatted about old times over coffee.
    I met up with some friends for a chat in the afternoon.

Sunday 26/8
    This morning I did a Zen meditation when I woke up.
    We visited my daughter and her boys after lunch.

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Aug 26: 90 min hike in the hills! A delicious salad. Major purge of closet, take 2, and took
    Items to charity right away. A great day!
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I am reaping the benefit of all these meditations that I have been doing. Meditation focuses the mind on what one wants from life, and the power of positivity. I'm in the throes of a major declutter of my home, and my life. It's very cathartic.

πŸ’Ž Today, my vibration is lifted into the harmony πŸ’Ž
    πŸ’Ž of all that I need, all that I dream of, and all my ambitions πŸ’Ž

• HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Wow what a great Bank Holiday weekend, I worked half day Friday, so pretty much 4 days of relaxing and having lots of self-care, myself and my hubby have had a busy summer and September is a busy month for us too, so we took the long weekend for ourselves, did lots of meditation/mindfulness, yoga, walking and face masks etc.

It has been lush, our little private mini retreat and now I feel revitalised :smile: