WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,501 Member
    Pppp
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    Hey, just a thought I wanted to add about turmeric.

My podiatrist has recommended I take turmeric for the arthritis in my feet ... so I've started. Hopefully it makes a difference! :)

Machka in Oz

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    I see now that link I provided shows very few images from inside the boat. Most of them were taken outside the museum, not to mention outside the boat, and there are NONE showing the crew's cramped quarters. I'll try to find time to post some of my own.
    Penny
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Thanks Penny! We never got to see that one, though we sailed past it. Glad you've got the chance to be a Gramma again. <3

DH is still having trouble with his IBS. He does get anxious worrying about it, so it affects his sleep. I tell him to get tested for everything it might be, so he can rule out everything else and then he will just have to wait for it to go away, as it did last time. But I'm afraid I am talking to a brick wall. My best tactic with him is just to plant an idea and then let it lie, so we will see what happens. I told him to send off for the poo kit, which he has always refused to do. I've done mine.
    Currently he has the move on his mind, which is stressful. He is also finishing his fifth book in his Winfreth series. He hopes to get it on Amazon before we move.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Good morning all! Happy Sunday! Yesterday went well with the seven year old. We spent about four hours at the beach. My phone died, so I couldn't get any sand sculpture pictures. Some of the entries were very elaborate and professional; others were simple things done by local/vacationing families. Didn't stay for the judging. Trentin (the seven year old) and I walked down the beach a ways and found a spot with lots of driftwood, discarded beach toys, dead clumps of dune grass, etc. He was happy as a clam building a sand castle complete with a sea wall made from debris, fighting pirates and sea monsters with sticks and dune grass and a water cannon toy that we brought. The water was really warm and I got in with him. Our playing attracted about six other kids who played with us and then we shared our popsicles that I brought. It was a good day. He got picked up at about 3 and I was able to get about four hours of online training done. Today he will arrive at 7:30am and be with me until 6:30pm (long day). He wants to head to the beach across from my house, today. We are bringing a bucket and net for catching minnows. Not planning on doing anything but shower after he is picked up!
    Pip- You are a great friend to us on this site; whether you comment much or not. I, for one, take inspiration from your posting of your daily activity. Whether you comment beyond those posts is a bonus. I like to see that whatever you are dealing with in life, you keep the activity part of your day going. Inspires me to do better. I love all of the fur baby pics.
    Rye- I agree with KarenVA; we can never have enough Kidd Kirby pics!
    Terry- Great photo! You look fantastic! Glad you could get out with a friend and enjoy the day!
    Carol- I am like you, in the fact that I love to see the photos and hear the stories. It seems lately, that my work is consuming my time and I live vicariously through the rest of you ladies and your adventures! I am a selfish soul! lol
    NY Karen - Yea! You have landed! Can't wait to hear your stories and see some photos! ??!!! No coffee in the morning??!! Although I am not planning a trip to Qatar; this is one of those things I need to make a mental note on when I begin to travel more! I don't think I could travel happily on no caffeine!
    Michele- Your flamingos are adorable! AND...I have always wondered about that seemingly endless supply of exercise dvds! Wow!That's a lot!
    Kim- Enjoy your much needed day of rest! lol There is something luxurious about that day AFTER company goes home!
    Beth- Now you've done it! Now I need another bathroom so I can have lights in my toilet! I wouldn't dare put that in my "kid" bathroom. The little ones find it a challenge to pee in the dark and I have to get after them quite often for attempting it.

Well, Trentin has arrived, fully awake and talking a mile a minute. Time to get busy! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KJLaMore
    Oh yeah, a P.S. The beach was not as crowded as it could have been yesterday and I really wondered where everyone was. I found out last night that on Friday the biting flies were everywhere up and down the lakeshore; chasing people off the beaches, off the lake, and into homes and businesses. I guess they were really bad. One "bad" thing to be grateful for! First time biting flies has ever made it into my gratitude journal!
  • KJLaMore
    Machka- Of the two photo displays you posted, I like the first one better, simply because I, like you, find the photos clipped to the wheel a little too "messy" for my taste. Just a suggestion (something more to my own taste); I would paint a lightweight board with magnetic paint. Then stencil/draw the outline of a bicycle in a lighter colour. Then you could either post photos with magnets or framed photos with magnets attached to the back of the frame. Just an idea. I bet you will think of more that appeal to your design likes and preferences! Fun project!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Sitting waiting for my DFIL ,and with all that has been going on these past few months ,I have to remember the Serenity prayer..that is all that will get me through all this...
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Michele love the flamingos!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- Of the two photo displays you posted, I like the first one better, simply because I, like you, find the photos clipped to the wheel a little too "messy" for my taste. Just a suggestion (something more to my own taste); I would paint a lightweight board with magnetic paint. Then stencil/draw the outline of a bicycle in a lighter colour. Then you could either post photos with magnets or framed photos with magnets attached to the back of the frame. Just an idea. I bet you will think of more that appeal to your design likes and preferences! Fun project!

Magnetic paint? Now that's new to me. But that might work if I can find some.

I can get packages of magnetic frames that you put on your fridge, but my fridge is rather full already. So I was thinking that if I could use the magnetic frames in another way ... such as what you've suggested ...

M in Oz