WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Machka - There are loads of magnetic whiteboards on Amazon. Would that work?

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Heather: Thank you for your kind words about the visit of our son and his family. We are absolutely thrilled that they are coming. I suspect the baby will be pretty busy, even though he is young. He'll be 8 months old when they are here; he was born December 22. :heart:

JenHayford: Welcome to a great group. Stop by often for encouragement and support. :flowerforyou:

Pip: I love your dog photos! :smiley:

Wendy: Your best friend has a lovely face. Tell her I said so. :wink:

Barbie: It appears that you are Bessie's safe place. :flowerforyou: It hasn't rained here lately but the sky is overcast this morning. :star:

Pip: Your Airstream is gorgeous. I had hoped that we'd be able to come up and watch the MS ride this year, but the visit of DS and family makes this year impossible for us. I'm hoping to see it in person next year. :flowerforyou:

Machka: Congratulations on your diploma. :star::flowerforyou: :star:

Kim: It sounds as though your mom is in survival mode at this point. I don't want to think about how difficult your brother's terminal illness must be for her. :flowerforyou:

NYKaren: Enjoying every moment with the baby and our son and ddil is exactly what we plan to do. :bigsmile:

Penny: I love the boat photo. I can't imagine living in the conditions that the crew would have endured. :noway:

Heather: I was once diagnosed with ITBS. In my case the underlying problem was lactose intolerance. When I solved that, everything improved. I can digest cheese but not cream, milk or butter. My DH has been put on a FODMAP diet because he is wheat intolerant. The diet has helped significantly. It is possible that a dietary adjustment could help your DH if he has a food intolerance issue. If it is caused by stress, yoga or meditation come to mind. :heart:

Lisa: You are doing a great job with your health and your life. :star:

Machka: We have two magnetic boards hung in our office & use magnets to stick things on them. We bought these boards from Walmart. I have no idea where you might find them. :flowerforyou:

I'm looking forward to a riding lesson today from my teacher. She is rarely available and this will be a treat. I was late getting to the last opportunity and missed her altogether. I am NOT planning to miss this one.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“There is no greater power or connection than to be in harmony with one’s self, to fully embrace who we are. The key to unlocking who we are is acceptance.” – Panache Desai

that would be awesome if you could come up for the ride next year!!!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    thanks Carol~ I don't know if its just all coming at once...trying to deal with it all..
    Tomorrow have to just put on my best face and do what I can do..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Just went to see Dog Days on a hot humid afternoon here. I enjoyed it better than the reviews. I love dogs so that is probably part of it.

:heart: Margaret
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    (((Allie)))
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Machka- I am not sure what you have available to you as far as home improvement stores or craft stores. I would check in with one of them first for the magnetic board (like Katla mentioned); then look for magnetic paint. I get mine at our local home improvement store. They have all kinds of nifty stuff out now. Magnetic paint, chalkboard paint, glitter paint...etc.. Actually Lisa's idea of using a bike frame as a place to hang pictures was my first thought, but it would depend on the size of the bike and how big you want your display to be. Lots of ideas on pinterest!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    Ppp
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,320 Member
    Shopping - I love to shop! Most of my clothes I buy online. I go by measurements if it’s a new to me brand. I have very long legs, so buying pants in the store is next to impossible. I wear a lot of dresses, always have. Part of my love of shopping is holding up the pants and thinking there is no way my #*! will fit in those pants and then having them fit.

Okie

Okie, LOL. It's a thrill that's hard to beat!! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Just wanted to say hi.

(((Hugs))) to those that need them.

Happy dance for those who are celebrating.

Good thoughts sent to those with a difficult situation coming up.

Terry in VT getting really really tired of being on one foot.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    :)
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Allie No, thankfully, I didn't have to deal with a reverse mortgage. But if the court grants you some additional time, then it might be an option for a quick cash turnaround and they pay off the reverse mortgage and you are done with it. Of course, you also have your brother in the mix and he may still want to try to maximize a profit, but I can see this whole thing is just hammering you with stress, and to me, it's just not worth it. Anyhow, just to let you know I'm praying for you that all goes well in court.

- Pat in PA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Did a weight loss yoga DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some hula hoop, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

M - I never heard of magnetic paint, either. I wonder if the more paint you use, the stronger the magnetism is? In the past I’ve gotten some of those “chip clips” and put a magnetic strip on the back so I can stick them to my refrigerator.

Rebecca – we still have a VCR, too. We also have one that converts VHS tapes to CD

Went to see friends of ours from FL who are up here for a bluegrass festival. They were at another friend’s house. I took a key lime pie but we didn’t stay for dinner. This was a last-minute thing so I didn’t expect them to feed us. Colby left today, he has to go to work tomorrow. I found out that he got the apt. on the second floor and not the fourth that he told us before. He and Jess went to the storage unit, she brought back some things. One of them was expired medications. She says that they’re fine, but I wouldn’t give them to her cat. She can, I won’t. Then she tells me that she’s going tomorrow to see her friend in TN, so I had to run to WalMart to get shrimp and a few other things. I made a key lime pie for her to take and also an orzo shrimp salad.

Clothes shopping: I love it, but only at a real good price. That’s why I shop so much at the Salvation Army. Janetr – you aren’t the odd man out, I love shopping, too

Carol – hope the Pom is better real soon

When we picked Jess up from the airport last night, Vince had a candy bar and soda, Colby had cookies, candy and water, but I just had an apple. Admitted, I almost fell over at the price, but at least I only chose an apple.

The only time I buy clothes online is if I’ve tried it in the store but need it in another color. I take that back. There is one brand of pants that sometimes comes in different colors that I get.

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)