WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    the cardinals and catbirds,and robins enjoying the mealworms.. going to take the lil ruffian for a walk, and then on with my day.. not looking forward to the DMV .
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    1207906t5ef8adzuh.gif
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Happy Thursday! Got a 40 minute walk in this AM - the dog is good for me that way! Dreary day here in WI. some of it is being blamed on smoke, but it is so minor. I feel for all of you in the smoke and fire areas. Devastating.
    Wendy - love your outfit. Looks great!
    Barbie- Good luck with the MRI. Steps to feeling better. I hope it all works
    Lisa in TX - I too hate bad days at work and when my tears hit. I easily tear up. Always have. Doesn't work well in an authority position at work. I try all the tricks. Sometimes they work. Great job on pulling up the boot straps and moving on today.
    Have a great day!
    Lynn in WI
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,319 Member
    Happy Thursday!

RIP Aretha Franklin.... one of my favorite memories of her is in the classic Blues Brothers, belting out "THINK!". <3 That will be my earworm today B)

Out the door.....

Lanette
    Cool SW WA State
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Lisa, I also cry when I get mad. I’m just not a person that likes the mad feeling so I think that’s why I cry. If I have to confront someone I wait a few days before I confront them. Helps me not cry once I’ve had time to think about it and release some of the emotions. Of course you don’t always have the option of time.

Barbie, I hope your mri shows you what the problem is with your back. I’d rather know, even if it’s bad news, so that I can then move forward with a plan to fix the problem. Good luck.

Heather, glad going out helped your DH with his stress.

Terry
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Wendy: I love your Hobbit inspired outfit. You look great in it. :bigsmile:

Jazzypdx: I love Oaks Park but haven't been there in many years. The last time was for a birthday party for one of my kids, who are in their late 30s and early 40's now. My granddaughter is old enough to enjoy it, but the grandsons are all still too young, not to mention crazy far away. :ohwell:

(((Lisa)))

Heather: I love the pub photo. It is absolutely charming. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Your dogs look great in their bike helmets & jerseys. :bigsmile:

We have cloudy skies today and it looks to me like the air quality is better than the past few days. YAY!!! There is a concert in the park this evening. It is only a short walk away, and I enjoy going with DH.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • brennerjlb
    Pat in Ohio sounds like a great time you had! I have a Roomba and love it. Much of my first floor is all vinyl laminate and/or tile. Only one bedroom has carpet. So I set it to go and it picks up alot of stuff! I have 1 dog. It does go on carpet but instructions say that even with Roomba you should deep vacuum weekly. Well truth be told I don't vacuum my bedroom weekly even without roomba. Pitfalls - blankets, cords, shoelaces have to be off of the floor. Even some throw carpets it will get stuck and stop. I do have to empty the garbage bin every day- I am truly amazed at how much is in there. Not a big deal, it just isn't that big. It does not get corners, so every so often i sweep the corners out and right before I start the roomba. I love it for the hard surface areas. Would not live without it. I bought middle of the road roomba. not the cheapy, but not the most expensive. Some have mopping features now too! I know people have bought "lesser" named robot vacuums and like them. I did not spend a ton of time researching different brands. I had the money and wanted to get one (: Good luck!
    Lynn in WI
  • brennerjlb
    Rye where in WI are you going? For fun or business? Supposed to be another hot and humid weekend here.
    NYKarengreat pics, jealous of your walk along the coast line!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Love sea side photos.

Pat for fiber I eat nuts, fruit like blueberries, raspberries, grapes, fruit in season like peaches now hopefully organic, and lots of veggies with some butter (grass fed if possible)so I get the most vitamins out of them. The only cereal I eat is whole grain like oatmeal or spelt. If you put it in your log they will MFP will figure your fiber count for you. I even eat the stem of broccoli I just make sure I cut it up well and cook it longer than the florets.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Our host for the Wisconsin part of the trip is at the surgeons office. We might have to cancel the trip, tho since his children were going up to his lake house with him, he isn’t canceling it just yet.

I hate being in holding patterns like this.

Some trip photos while I wait.
    t9xgckgr30z3.pngz6vcmx7habzj.png. h1is5yamea0c.png

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    jazzypdx wrote: »
    Hi everyone! What I find in your stories and posts are hope, warmth, kindness and truth, the sharing of joys and sorrows is grounding and inspiring to me. Choice by choice we move forward towards our goals, good days and bad days but forward we go. It has been a bit of a crazy week for me. Concert Thursday (Hall & Oats + Train) was great, finished the night at a local jam and got some dancing in. Friday unexpected visitor from out of town - my niece and her two teenagers made for some great memories but horrible food choices, tastey but...I forgiven myself already. We had to go grocery shopping because I had plenty of produce but - no "food" is how my grand niece put it. They went home yesterday and I toted cereal, cookies, chips, bread, lunchmeat and half eaten boxes of crackers to the dumpster this morning. Cheese (Tillamook pepper jack) and ice cream I just couldn't bear to part with - yikes. I did get some exercise in - took them to the local amusment park (Oaks Park) for rides, roller skating - snow cones and cotton candy be damned! Day 2 - Waterfront park was fun, lots of walking - and the elephant ears were delicious. Day 3 back to school shopping for the kids, their energy and excitment was infectious but I am pooped. So it goes. Back to the basic plan...hopefully.
    Moral of the story - enjoy each day, each moment and do the best you can.

Jazzypdx ~East side of smokey Portland, OR

Hey Jazzy, nice to meet you! Grew up in Gresham area, went to Sam Barlow high school👍. Married a sailor so lived all over, mostly Japan and California. Portland sure has changed from when I lived there from 1962-1984. Lived on the coast near Astoria from 2012- this past April, and traveled into Portland periodically because husband received a liver transplant from OHSU in 2014. Now we're sharing a home with active duty son in Whidbey Island in Washington👍. Have a middle son and DIL in Vacouver WA, and the youngest son at school in Great Lakes just starting his military service. My life in a nutshell💗😁.

I am a Tillamook lover too. If I do have cheese its that. Loyal customer. Missing a Fred Meyer on the island though!
    Have a great day!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington