WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Okie and Lanette- Yes! Stand tall tall girls! Amazon women, unite! One thing that I noticed about being tall. My weight came on slowly and dispersed itself so evenly over my body, that it was very easy to ignore the fact that my weight was getting out of control. Did you find this to be true, for you?

Yes, that is me too. It is hard to visibly see loss until I lose about 25-30 lbs. Taken the other way, as long as I’m wearing stretchy clothes, I can gain that much too without it being obvious. I think it was Ann Landers that said years (decades) ago, always wear pants with a zipper. When they get snug, it’s time to lose a few pounds.

Okie

ETA - I was overzealous with the delete key and messed up the quote function. I’m too lazy to do it over.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    M love the photos. Sorry about your feet.

Michelle glad back is fine.

Barbie so sorry about your back. I know how much I hurt when I had my knee pain. DH was on pain meds when he had Cancer. He too did not like the side effects and quickly went to other methods too!. Prayers!

:heart: Margaret
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Mary ~ That is one big machine! :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Barbie. Darn it! Hope your back heals quickly. No wonder it's been so agonizing.
    And I do love that beautiful black leather chair. Such a handsome piece of furniture.

Katla. I'm imagining you having a wonderful time with your visiting family!

Pip. I had to laugh a little bit about you calling yourself lazy. Not an adjective I would associate with you...

NYKaren I love penguins! Darned MFP changed jack.*kitten* penguins to *kitten* penguins. LOL!

Karen in Virginia
    i laughed when when i read your comment... didn't think of it that way
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Another bad night. Got up and watched a movie then slept until it was too late to go to water Grrr
    Going to sort through my filing in box today, at least make a start.
    Have a great day.
    SueBDew in Tx where it is still hot.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Lanette - Yes some is yoga, which I do daily, but a lot is from the Internet and the MFP emails. I bought a book on face exercises. I paid out good money for a sports physio who diagnosed my knee, so I use her exercises, plus the ones I got at the hospital. I have had a myriad investigations for that knee since I was 16, but only the sports physio diagnosed it properly and really helped me. I do pelvic floor contractions when I remember. :D:o

Barbie - I really feel your pain and frustration. <3<3<3 Katla has managed to improve her bone density I believe with meds. I guess it's mainly rest at the moment. Boo! :'(

We got a new quote from the removal man which was considerably cheaper. Win! :D

We had a delightful lunch out. Lovely pub and I had AF beer. I ordered the fish and chips, but had steamed veg instead of chips. It was really good and I availed myself of three of DH's delicious chips. (Fries) I did not say a word about the solicitor and after a food shopping trip on the way home DH rang him off his own bat. Of course he wasn't available and they promised to call us back. They haven't. Grrrrrrrrrr! Grrrrrrrrrr!

Must go and put the octopus head I froze into the trash for tomorrow's collection.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    NYKAREN - Thanks for sharing your photos. I love penguins. We saw some years ago when we went to Phillip Island.

Okie
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    NY Karen love the penguin pictures!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi all,
    Lanette - Yes some is yoga, which I do daily, but a lot is from the Internet and the MFP emails. I bought a book on face exercises. I paid out good money for a sports physio who diagnosed my knee, so I use her exercises, plus the ones I got at the hospital. I have had a myriad investigations for that knee since I was 16, but only the sports physio diagnosed it properly and really helped me. I do pelvic floor contractions when I remember. :D:o

Barbie - I really feel your pain and frustration. <3<3<3 Katla has managed to improve her bone density I believe with meds. I guess it's mainly rest at the moment. Boo! :'(

We got a new quote from the removal man which was considerably cheaper. Win! :D

We had a delightful lunch out. Lovely pub and I had AF beer. I ordered the fish and chips, but had steamed veg instead of chips. It was really good and I availed myself of three of DH's delicious chips. (Fries) I did not say a word about the solicitor and after a food shopping trip on the way home DH rang him off his own bat. Of course he wasn't available and they promised to call us back. They haven't. Grrrrrrrrrr! Grrrrrrrrrr!

Must go and put the octopus head I froze into the trash for tomorrow's collection.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

This was such an entertaining post with lots of visuals.
    Face exercises.
    Pelvic floor contractions.
    Fish and Chips in a lovely pub.
    Husband rang him off his own bat.
    Octopus head in the freezer.
    :D:D:D

Barbara I have great headphones - both earbud type and over the ear type - and I love them. My partner works from home. She has ADHD, so on my days off work, she can be very distracting, and I end up feeling as if I haven't had 2 minutes of peace. I forewarn her that I am going on "ignore" mode, and then put on my headphones. She continues to fuss and putter and mutter (which is how she processes stuff), but I can't hear her.

About the color yellow, you could put a bouquet of yellow sunflowers in a vase in your kitchen when you are feeling kindly towards your husband... :)

Mary That big combine made me a bit homesick for Nebraska! Fuzzy bear indeed!

NYKAREN Absolutely adorable penguins. I do love penguins. Funny little creatures!

Karen in Virginia

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I so enjoy those podcasts. The best ones always make me tear up!

When we went to the local supermarket today we were just paying for our goods and the woman behind the till said "That was a very healthy shop! " :Do:):D

NYKAREN - Thanks for the ×+÷$$ penguin pics. :D So glad you could get up that hill in style! :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx