Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,947 Member Member Posts: 8,947 Member
    Vegan burger, fries, salad.
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 4,996 Member Member Posts: 4,996 Member
    Spaghetti with pesto (bought, not made by me).
  • Roza42Roza42 Member Posts: 247 Member Member Posts: 247 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    acpgee wrote: »
    Pumpkin gnocchi a total failure so far. That stuff when microwaved and pureed is very watery. I have already incorporated all the flour in the house and it is still to wet to handle like dough. Dumped all the gloop in a huge tupperware box in the fridge to deal with tomorrow, because tonight's dinner guests are arriving soon.

For next time, I typically have very good luck making pumpkin puree by roasting the pumpkin. It is far less watery that way.

Try using butternut squash. Pumpkin you buy is not the same pumpkin that they use in the cans. The canned stuff is pie pumpkin and the same color as butternut squash.
    Roza42 wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »
    acpgee wrote: »
    Pumpkin gnocchi a total failure so far. That stuff when microwaved and pureed is very watery. I have already incorporated all the flour in the house and it is still to wet to handle like dough. Dumped all the gloop in a huge tupperware box in the fridge to deal with tomorrow, because tonight's dinner guests are arriving soon.

For next time, I typically have very good luck making pumpkin puree by roasting the pumpkin. It is far less watery that way.

Try using butternut squash. Pumpkin you buy is not the same pumpkin that they use in the cans. The canned stuff is pie pumpkin and the same color as butternut squash.

You are talking about two different things. You can buy both, and they both look almost identical, but are labeled as they should be.
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 4,996 Member Member Posts: 4,996 Member
    Grilled salmon with lemon, artichokes with EVOO, mint, garlic, lemon and parsely.
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 4,954 Member Member Posts: 4,954 Member
    Pasta al forno--Pasta baked in the oven. This was a dish my mother-in-law always made. You need a large tubular pasta that needs 12 min or more to cook.

Make a simple tomato sauce with EVOO, garlic, tomatoes, salt (I make my sauce a little saltier than usual for this dish and frequently add broth crystals) and fresh basil.
    Boil the pasta about half the time on the package, drain, put back in kettle (without the water)and add 1/3 of the sauce and stir delicately.
    Take your baking pan (I use glass or ceramic) and pour in 1/3 of the tomato sauce, add 1/2 of the pasta, spread some chopped or grated fresh mozzarella cheese on top, add the other half of the pasta on top, sprinkle with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, then add the other third of the tomato sauce over that.
    Bake on high until crunchy looking--my youngest son wants it black on the edges.

If your family fights over the crispy corners you can also do these in large metal muffin tins. Lots of crispy corners.
  • itzaboutmeitzaboutme Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    Enchilada stuffed spaghetti squash-
    Vegetables, beans and enchilada sauce
  • aokoyeaokoye Member Posts: 3,497 Member Member Posts: 3,497 Member
    Whole wheat waffles for dinner, because it's all I could really stomach (I hate being sick). Used this recipe from King Arthur Flour and I would highly recommend it. So tasty.
    Caulipowered pizza margarita, pickled vegg salad
    Whole wheat pasta with cima di rape (here in Rome, it's called broccoletti), and EVOO. Very pretty--beige and bright green.
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Member Posts: 738 Member Member Posts: 738 Member
    Ginger Chicken Congee cooking now in Slow Cooker.
    Tonight broth made with "osso buco" which are large beef bones plus pieces of beef, and a carrot, celery, and tomato. Simmered for hours. I strained it all, and refrigerated it and removed the layer of hard fat that formed on the top. I added small veal ravioli to the broth and boiled 3 min. The soup was served with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano on top. The meat was browned in a non stick pan and served on the side. It was extremely tender.
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 4,954 Member Member Posts: 4,954 Member
    Hubby is the weekday cook but he warmed up some cola chicken from the freezer that I made a couple of weekends ago. I did the Indonesian tomato salad and the Japanese cucumber salad using dressings that we make in batches to keep in the fridge. Rice was made in the rice cooker. So this was more or less a frozen ready meal.
    7yjyej0zlq0a.jpeg
    Herbed wild cod, baked large sweet potato, pickled vegg salad.
    Pasta with mushrooms and zucchine, EVOO, garlic, a small piece of dried red pepper, white wine and freshly grated PR on top.
  • pessxxpessxx Member Posts: 443 Member Member Posts: 443 Member
    grilled cheese toast and tuna salad with pomegranate dressing
  • vampirequeen1959vampirequeen1959 Member Posts: 197 Member Member Posts: 197 Member
    I was only cooking for myself yesterday so was lazy. Not really a proper meal but had roasted cauliflower sprinkled with grated mature cheddar.
  • LietchiLietchi Member Posts: 751 Member Member Posts: 751 Member
    Not sure how to describe this, a sort of fajita style dish I think.

Chicken strips, marinated in honey, soy sauce, lime juice, chili, cumin, paprika and olive oil, with bell peppers, sweet potato and carrots cooked in the same marinade.

e6nxnlww6jr3.jpg
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Member Posts: 738 Member Member Posts: 738 Member
    ro2kmypbjyty.jpeg
    Egg bake, chicken thighs and salad!
    Weekend so shakshuka to start the day