What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    Hubby is making nasi goreng tonight with leftover rice. I'll just dress some cukes with goma, peel some tomatoes for lalab.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Pasta w green olives, fresh basil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and tuna (our tuna is already packed in olive oil, so I don't add more).
  • snowflake954
    Kabobs--chicken sausage, zucchini (roman type, ribbed, and firmer than regular), cherry tomatoes, EVOO, laurel leaf, and garlic.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Mujadara, Turkey Greek meatballs and Asparagus with butter lemon sauce.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Mujadara, Turkey Greek meatballs and Asparagus with butter lemon sauce.

I had to look up mujadara. Interesting! Since we're living mostly off long-term panty stores, and I have the components in stock, I might try this in a "lockdown version." We've just had a couple of days working through vegan stuffed cabbage rolls (posted above somewhere), the stuffing of which was basically a combo of lentils and rice blend. I am awaiting a delivery including some cumin, so it probably won't be until at least next week. Thanks for the idea! I see bulgur wheat is also sometimes used.
  • weatherking2019
    @mjbnj0001 , it smells so good when it's cooking. It brings up my son from the basement! I use this: https://cookieandkate.com/mujaddara-recipe/
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Nut butter chocolate chip cookies -perfect on rainy day
    Trader Joe's nut butter
    One egg
    3/4 cup of coconut sugar
    Cup of semisweet chunks
    350 degrees for 10 minutes
    Makes 17
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 172 Member
    Pork Chops cooked in diced tomato, onion, garlic & italian season, with some rice and steamed green beans.

I also made a protein oreo cupcake w/ icing for dessert. Not really healthy but better than a reg. cupcake 320 calories, 40g carb, 8g fiber, 11g protein, and 15g fat. My kids rolled their noses mainly at the icing because it was with greek yogurt.
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Chicken cordon bleu, roasted potatoes and carrots, ratatouille (with green and yellow squash, Eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers), grapes, and garlic bread.
  • weatherking2019
    Veggie Black Bean Enchiladas

vegetarian enchiladas stuffed with black beans, broccoli, bell pepper and cheese topped with homemade red sauce!
  • snowflake954
    Spaghetti w clams, EVOO, white wine, red pepper flakes, black pepper, a few chopped cherry tomatoes, and garlic. For 5 people I made 800gr of spaghetti. It was devoured, I didn't get a taste. :'(
  • snowflake954
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Spaghetti w clams, EVOO, white wine, red pepper flakes, black pepper, a few chopped cherry tomatoes, and garlic. For 5 people I made 800gr of spaghetti. It was devoured, I didn't get a taste. :'(

Seems like most of the time you cook dinner and the savages eat it all before you sit down lol maybe start serving yourself first and then the savages.... errrr "men".

This happens when I invite my son and DIL that live across the landing. They bring the kids 1 and 2 yrs old who have already eaten and cause havoc at the table. I take them in the LR and play for 20 min and then my husband relieves me. If I make something too good, it's gone, but not to worry. I had leftover grilled salmon, basmatic rice, white pizza (pizza bianca) , homemade fruit salad, and 72% dark chocolate---not bad. It's Good Friday, and I should be fasting, but don't have the energy with Lockdown. I cleaned windows and shutters this morning.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    Spatchcock roast chicken with honey mustard glaze added the last ten minutes. Roast potatoes and roast hispi cabbage.
    bcdc23tcmvzz.jpeg
  • weatherking2019
    Salmon, spinach salad with strawberries and roasted kabocha
  • mjbnj0001
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I will be video chatting with my parents as we share out traditional Sunday breakfast. Its the first time in 42 years that I am alive that our family will not be at the same table.

tough time to be in separate places.
  • mjbnj0001
    Lockdown Good Friday Dinner - Tuna Noodle Casserole

It's Good Friday, wanting to be meatless tonight, but tired of rice and beans and constrained by on-hand pantry stores.

Well, this old-time classic dish came to mind, and we had the ingredients. Came out really well; this is probably the first time in 30+ years I've had this dish. It's pretty hearty/filling and MFP macros are about 718cals, 52g protein, 30g fat, 63g carb per serving.

First off - "no canned soups were harmed making this dish." LOL. Made it from "scratch." Fresh ingredients - onion, celery, butter, garlic, block cheddar cheese (shredded). Everything else came from dry or canned pantry stores: tuna, noodles, flour (to thicken sauce), canned peas, panko, storebought grated parmesan, and -- gasp -- powdered milk. Fundamentally, the recipe I followed was: https://thestayathomechef.com/tuna-casserole/

Minor adlibs from the recipe: this being Good Friday, I avoided chicken broth, using a bottle of clam juice I was saving for another day - this gave the dish a bit of a chowdery vibe. In addition, I used the canned tuna liquid as part of the broth to add more tuna taste, as I'm rationing my cans of tuna, which are also smaller at 4oz net (5 oz gross) than the recipe specified. On-hand Bermuda onion rather than white. Also sauteed some fresh celery for more greens. To complete the retro meal, I retro-garnished with sprinkled paprika and parsley prior to baking.

Pics: (1) completed casserole (noodles and "stuff"), awaiting crumb topping. (2) completed and baked.

ouendgq6escd.jpg

rjmafflzdrb1.jpg
  • snowflake954
    Pasta w mushrooms, EVOO, garlic, red pepper flakes, brodo (broth), chopped parsley, white wine, and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
  • snowflake954
    edited April 2020
    We had chili. I wanted cornbread. We had no corn!

This got me thinking; is there a similar dish for other sweet veggies? Hence the search for savory carrot bread recipes. OH MY GOSH.

This is Martha Stewart’s Savory Carrot-Asiago bread! It’s got cayenne pepper and garlic powder, and since I had to use only what I had in the house due to sheltering in, I used a mixture of sharp cheddar and fresh grated Parmesan. The topping is a mixture of toasted flakes almonds and more grated cheese.

It is SO DELICIOUS. the crust is crumbly and cheesy/buttery, and the inside is super moist, flavorful, sharp, cheesy, with a hint of cayenne.

It was also an incredibly easy process, in case you’re looking for something simple to do with kids.

0ye7vi7l1klx.jpeg
    0infppel0mqk.jpeg
    li5kn0pkorve.jpeg

I made this for Easter. I made it yesterday and it turned out exactly like your photo and is delicious! I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the recipe! I lined my loaf pan with oven paper.

PS: It's 300 cal for a 100g slice.