Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 4,822Member, Premium Member Posts: 4,822Member, Premium Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Starter of melon, feta and mint drizzled with pomegranate molasses. Main of buccatini with mushroom and spinach sauce and a meatball. Finally got through that batch of tough meatballs from the freezer that needed warming up in a sauce. The Tesco 20% minced steak is a cut we won't be buying again.
    d67wj7jo8es1.jpeg
    ljclnavp79r9.jpeg

That green dish is stunning. Me want. 😍
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Posts: 204Member Member Posts: 204Member Member
    mk76wvis2k9o.jpeg
    Dinner tonight: Udon with mini sausages and bok choy for kids!
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,778Member Member Posts: 2,778Member Member
    I wouldn't call cookies a meal but...
    x8gm46mr91hc.jpg

Banana, coconut, chocolate chip cookies from a gluten free cookbook. A friend's wife (who has celiac) made them a few weeks ago and I asked for the recipe because they were really really good. They're also only 50 calories a cookie (the recipe makes 35 though so...).
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,784Member Member Posts: 6,784Member Member
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 3,855Member Member Posts: 3,855Member Member
    Not really a meal, but dessert leftovers from last night. Pina colada sorbet and an almond macaroon.
    pmpk7ay77i0m.jpeg
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 3,855Member Member Posts: 3,855Member Member
    Pan fried sole. Chips, asparagus and mushrooms cooked in the air fryer.
    v59snedwclvg.jpeg
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,778Member Member Posts: 2,778Member Member
    Tacos - Trader Joe's carne asada (essentially marinated skirt steak - surprisingly good), corn from farmers market, cherry tomatoes, onions, and partially homemade tortillas. I was going to make the masa myself, but ended up getting locally made masa at the store.
  • Squishy_HSquishy_H Posts: 35Member, Premium Member Posts: 35Member, Premium Member
    Egg sandwich elqrzrwllymj.jpeg
  • hmhill17hmhill17 Posts: 104Member Member Posts: 104Member Member
    Yesterday I made:
    Banana oatmeal chocolate chip bars for the kids.
    Tater tot sausage egg and cheese "muffins" for the wife to take for breakfast
    My egg white ham and pepper jack bites
    Tatziki pasta salad (whole grain penne, cucumber, tomato, kalamatas, dill, garlic, lemon juice, greek yoghurt"
    Greek marinated chicken ( garlic, lemon juice, greek yoghurt, oregano)

Today I'm making pulled pork and black beans in the crockpot to portion out and freeze for lunches.
    Sheet pan harissa pork chops, potatoes and leeks.
  • duskyjewelduskyjewel Posts: 282Member Member Posts: 282Member Member
    I spent yesterday cooking to get ahead for the week. Last night we ate navy bean with bacon and spinach soup, and there are leftovers portioned out for lunches. I also made Blissful Butternut Squash Soup, but only for my husband and I to take for lunches because the kids don't like it. And I made turkey pumpkin white bean chili for later this week. All recipes from Skinnytaste.
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Posts: 204Member Member Posts: 204Member Member
    good job @duskyjewel ! Meal prepping really helps.

I spent a long time in the kitchen yesterday as well. The zucchini bread and zucchini soup from that ginormous zucchini. Then hard boiled eggs for the week (snack), steamed chicken breast that I shred and for salad toppings and sandwiches. I also had the slower cooker going with Beef chuck and Mushrooms for dinner that we had with Green beans and Rice.

Cut up some watermelons, made snackpac for kids (1/2 apple, cheese, carrots and cucumber with ranch, yogurt drink and some crackers) my fridge is packed! But knowing everything will be eaten is a good feeling :)
  • BarbaraHelen2013BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 459Member Member Posts: 459Member Member
    Quick lunch:

Samphire, blanched for 30 seconds. Topped with a poached egg, 15g of 30% less fat light cheddar and chipotle sauce. Tasty!
    General Tao chicken stir fry with veggies and shiratake noodles.
  • NewMeSM75NewMeSM75 Posts: 973Member, Premium Member Posts: 973Member, Premium Member
    salmon, broccoli, baby potatoes and kids had rice. All baked in the oven with ghee, salt and lemon.
  • kosseychickkosseychick Posts: 89Member Member Posts: 89Member Member
    nxrdw66cygch.jpg
    Egg whites scrambled with cherry tomatoes,onion, red pepper, ground flax seed topped with grated cheese and salsa. Served with concord grapes and a slice of quinoa and flax toastl
  • hmhill17hmhill17 Posts: 104Member Member Posts: 104Member Member
    Whole wheat pizza crust is spinning in the bread maker as we speak. Does that count?