Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,003Member Member Posts: 4,003Member Member
    Sweet and sour chicken and charred leeks with rice.
    h64m4hw3pttv.jpg
  • hmhill17hmhill17 Posts: 169Member Member Posts: 169Member Member
    Pork loin with apples and cranberries in the slow cooker. Serving with green beans and a roasted root vegetable mash.
  • neugebauer52neugebauer52 Posts: 915Member Member Posts: 915Member Member
    Durban chicken curry with lots of mixed vegetables. Needed some yoghurt to cool down...
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 5,748Member, Premium Member Posts: 5,748Member, Premium Member
    Swordfish with rice pilaf and sugar snap peas.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,997Member Member Posts: 6,997Member Member
    Curried bok choy sprouts and shrimp.
  • geraldaltmangeraldaltman Posts: 1,305Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,305Member, Premium Member
    7bd4tyf1tulg.jpg
    BBQ Sauerkraut Casserole

Ingredients:
    (Please note, I pared these amounts down to make fewer servings as I am cooking for one. My other changes are [bracketed].)

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
    [93% Lean]
    1 27 oz can sauerkraut drained
    1 small onion chopped
    2 cups tomato juice
    [V8 Low Sodium Vegetable Juice]
    1 cup brown sugar
    [Sukrin Gold, a substitute I found on Amazon]
    [Fordhook Lima Beans, I wanted another vegetable]
    Salt, pepper to taste
    [Other seasonings could work but I didn't try any]

In large skillet in oil of your choice, brown beef and onion. My beans were frozen so I put them in also. Drain, if needed.
    Spread that mixture on bottom of large baking dish. Lay the sauerkraut over the beef, enough to cover then pour juice over that. Finish by sprinkling sugar substitute over juice and sauerkraut. Bake in 350° oven for 60 minutes
    edited September 17
    Vietnamese lamb chops on rice vermicelli with asian cucumber and tomato salad. Some dipping sauces and pickles on the side.
    ndm9mz514f12.jpg
  • memurph88memurph88 Posts: 100Member Member Posts: 100Member Member
    Last nights dinner:
    Baked pork tenderloin, boiled beets, sauteed lemon brussels sprouts w/ homemade sugar free apple sauce.
  • Squishy_HSquishy_H Posts: 39Member, Premium Member Posts: 39Member, Premium Member
    Instant pot chili

ubzhbaa3o61n.jpeg
    Garlic and herb crusted halibut with bok choy stir fry and buckwheat.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,963Member Member Posts: 2,963Member Member
    i5d0iu78qhv4.jpg
    Homemade chicken sausage with roasted garlic and thyme. That was eaten with polenta, blistered cherry tomatoes, and walnut bread from my favorite bakery.

I also made breakfast sausage with maple syrup, dried cranberries, smoked paprika, and a tiny bit of nutmeg (along with salt and pepper).
    edited September 19
    Vegan beef less beef tripe soup.
  • lyttlefishlyttlefish Posts: 193Member Member Posts: 193Member Member
    Great Blackbean burger purchased at Costco..amazing. 22 carbs but 10 fiber..then a mixed green salad with feta and blueberries..amazing beautiful meal
    Chinese. Rice, chicken and snow pea stir fry with soy and oyster sauce and a side of sweet and sour potato, carrot and celery stir fry.
    4vp06a5v2ohm.jpeg
    Herb crusted cod, buckwheat and veggies.
    I cooked at a girlfriend's who has a new baby. My easy three course Italian inspired dinner is about 35 minutes cooking time in total.

Starter of cheat's soupe au pistou. A bag of frozen veg, a few chopped fresh tomatoes, water, a couple of stock cubes. Stir in a big dollop of commercial pesto into each bowl of soup to flavour the broth. About 10 minutes work.

Main of spaghetti carbonara where the sauce is made in the 10 minutes it takes to boil the pasta.
    https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/jun/12/perfect-soupe-au-pistou-pesto-recipe-felicity-cloake

Carbonara generates leftover egg whites so I make dutch bitterkoekjes (=almond macaroons) to dip into amaretto for dessert. In the food processor blitz 2 egg whites with 150 g of almonds, and 150 g of sugar and 2 teaspoons of bitter almond exract in the food processor. Spoon onto silicon paper lined baking sheets and bake 10 minutes at 190C.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,963Member Member Posts: 2,963Member Member
    Not a meal, but I made pita using the recipe from Peter Reinhart's book Crust and Crumb. They turned out really well, 7 out of 8 poofedand they taste good.
    5i22b4b69pmj.jpg